Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay many people have mentioned that about they don't want a cover system (I think because it's somewhat synonymous with a shooter) but if you're going to have deadly combat, you have to have cover, the problem is you need to make cover naturally occurring, you don't just drop a few shipping boxes at opportune places for the sake of cover, they aren't placed there in the first place just in case a shootout occurs at the docks. But by the same token, Cover is necessary if the damage and deadliness of weapons make even a single bullet provide mortal damage, and also because if you're Netrunning on a mobile deck, you're not going to sit in the firing line thinking that you'll be fine in that hail of bullets that you can see raining down on you in the cameras you've hacked

I agree, there has to be cover, just not an over reliance on it. I suppose the level design will be crucial in this so we aren't constantly hopping from cover to cover ala ME2.

I would like to add that you give us the players, more graphic control over our game. Has some people do not have the high end rigs to run new games at high fps with everything set on high. With that said let us tweak the game at our leisure, let's us have the option to turn off shadow, or set them in low/medium/high, at what anti-aliasing we want, don't give us just textures medium/high, lights medium/high, shadow medium/high and back to menu.

In the game i would love for you guys to bend and play with the morale choices, good and evil. Sometimes being good can be your undoing, people will start taking advantage of you and perceive your kindness has a weakness. Give us a gray line, not just black and white. We want more than "Kill the cop or let him live", there should be a more choices in the mist. The evil choice should also give more than simply "evil points" and money. In alot of RPGs being evil will always give you gold, making buying stuff trivial at the start of the game BUT if you play has the good guy you might not have money for stuff right away but near the end you're swimming in money regardless of your alignment, so i ask why? You should avoid things like these. Make it that during the whole game money is a concern, should i do the "evil thing" and get the money i need for my debts? Or should i let him go and perhaps he might do something for me?Or even i can let him live, so i can blackmail him with the stuff i discovered earlier .
Has a final note, Cyberpunk isn't about saving the world or making it a better place, it's about you. About you leaving your mark in it, be it good or bad. Good luck guys.

I'd like to see a very customizable character, not only in looks and gender, but in dialogue choices as well. This is essentially character building, a foundation in PnP games, but something that seems to be getting lost in video game RPGs. In a game like Witcher I can understand Geralt prattling on w/out much player input as he's a predefined character. But in a game w/ a customizable character it's important to give the player as many choices in dialogue, action, customization as possible to create that illusion of the a truly interactive world. I love a game in which the world pushes against the character depending on who they are, man or woman, rich or poor, good or bad, human or otherwise, etc, etc. This enhances replayability and in a game which is about saving yourself, it only seems natural.

Nomad bikes! and some space outside the city to ride them, especially to nomad camps/traders and the like. please please please!

and getting the lighting right for the city, that gloom even at noon, that's the magic right there.

I would really like to see crime beyond murder and car theft. Stealing paydata, corporate prototypes and even personnel. Pickpocketing, ripping cyberware out of people, organ stealing. Identity theft, data vault manipulation...

Also gangs. Night City has lots of them there should be a system where you can gain empathy with gangs to a point they get your back on fights. On the other side rival gangs would attack you on sight, plus the police would be wary of you. There should be different things that get you positive/negative empathy besides side quests.

Also a broader economy than the usual buy this here and sell to any <type> of merchant. In cyberpunk barter is sometimes more effective than a traceable currency. So selling paydata to a corpie to use in the stock market or to one of its competitors or even putting it into a black auction house. So different ways to make money and possibly different profit margins. Should be a way to use streetwise and see who you know and how your connections can get you into the money.

New here and didn't play the table top game but here are my 2 cents.

Just stay true to the original material and give players freedom and choice akin to those types of games. Maybe have a survival mode were death = lost save data for enthusiasts. Or make a huge map with millions of objectives like Just cause or far cry, but with more variety and multiple approaches and outcomes which can affect the world. (e.g. you decide to bring down a corporation and the result of that is you can no longer buy their products anymore, or you choose to work for them and this results in getting better things from them at stock prices).

Also if this does come to the console market make a Wii U port please. Yes I am VERY serious.

I'd like to be able to buy BD recorder in game, and then record anything my character do as braindance when I enable it.

For one thing this could be needed/useful for some quests (like to made a proof of corruption/murder/anything), for another thing you could then sell more interesting braindances to "movie" studios in game (for example braindances with pursuits/big fights/sex etc). This would require game to somehow detect when something is interesting, and when not, but it would add to atmosphere to be able to do that.

You could then also allow players to upload these replays to web and share with others (and then universe would feel more varied, because there will be maybe tousands of such braindances to load and see in game). This is separate idea, and may be hard to do right, because players will probably do things in a ways that contradict each other.

this might come of a bit as a random idea, but every open world game needs some a home bases for the player to reside in, to stash his weapons, save the game etc. adam jensen had his luxury apartment in deus ex, in skyrim there are many houses you can buy, gta had it's properties for example

so for cp77 i would like to see some home bases but they must fit into the overall cyberpunk setting.. so how about you start in a tiny capsule hotel (like in neuromancer) or other rundown sh*thole and upgrade your home to a nice corporate appartment later in the game? i would really love to see that

you could watch some holographic tv at home or let your robo wife do the dirty work if you know what i mean

Agreed. Given how much time and effort I sunk into my character's pad back when we played CP2020 I would love nothing more than to be able to recreate it in-game.

One of the things I loved about playing CP2020 back in the day is that Night City had personality. It was another character in the game. I want CP77 to have that same sense of place, to feel like an organic (cyber-enhanced, of course) extrapolation of that same city. I want to be able to walk those same streets and see 50+ years of growth and dirt laid on top. I want it to feel like I'm in Night City, not just playing against a generic near-future background.

Fully customizable characters just like Guild Wars 2 character customization system which including dyes system. And about the environment, I've watched a lot of Japanese Animes in my life time and I've seen tense complex cities and some deserted devastated lands.

In cities just like Total Recall movies, the environments are tight, keep the crowd up. So everything seems less empty.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, because not many gamers have this problem, but if you're going to put romance in the game please, please, please have same-sex romance options.

Maybe not every single person as able to go both ways (even though that's unrealistic, different people get attached to different characters. Don't even get me started with not being able to romance Alistair in DA without being a woman, it was so frustrating), but at LEAST have one or two gay and lesbian characters.

This might not seem important to most heterosexual players, but its a real cockblock (both for my love of a game AND a character) that it's 2013 and some games still don't have these options. And with the first game that I've been excited for in 2+ years, it would be freakin' awesome.

Would be pretty sweet if some of the menus like the mission journal etc. would actualy be in game, like on a little computer you take out from your pocket or hell, have the screen built into your arm or something. Like Metro 2033 and a few other games that I don't remember :p. Would add a lot to immersion.

Some of my Ideas (part 1)

First off, this will probably be a long read. So for those who do not want to read the rambling from a random person, just use the index to target the potentially interesting bits.

I wanted to write this post because it is rare to express ones views on game design to those who actually create them. I did not want to write a loose view on what I would like to see in CyberPunk 2077, but a meaningful reply to the question asked in the forum.

I am far from a game designer; in fact my degrees are in psychology and public service. So with that said, my views are just personal opinion, and by no means meant to dismiss or defend other people’s ideas.

I. A Little Music
II. Classes
III. Implants
IV. Quest
V. First or Third person?
VI. Atmosphere
VII. Graphics
VIII. Interactions
IX. Braindancing
X. Gameplay
XI. CDPR Closing

I. A Little Music- Let me set the mood now. (this is what I hear in my head when I think of CyberPunk 2077) More specifically a few “braindance” scenes I envisioned. I may cover those later in the post, so feel free to listen to them at any point. These are just some base musical ideas to set the tone in my head when thinking of the Dark City feel. (or fight scenes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x91VSGvCsWI 3 Libras [all main courses mix]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42_h8hBtWI The Outsider [Apocalypse Mix] #Lyrics are surprisingly relevant although not intended.

II. Classes (two unique classes in addition to others)
These are just two unique classes that could complement other intended classes in the game.

-Business Professional (Story driven/easy mode) This class furthers the game and story by building a financial empire to sway Dark City politics in a fashion that accomplishes the overall intended goal of the game. Gameplay will be a result of planning and negotiations, as well as the acquisition of capital and resources. Gameplay may consist of strapping into a chair connected to a surrogate (cyborg) machine to complete the “dirty work”. Think of the Bruce Willis movie aptly titled "Surrogates". If you have not seen this movie yet, I suggest you do. The movie is not bad, and it does raise relevant questions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGwQ74cH5O0 Although I suggest this may be an easy mode, alternatively it can be just as hard as any mode. What I mean is that by connecting to this surrogate modified person, you can control or play the game just the same. Easy mode only suggests that most of your work will be through the acquisition of resources, not through heavy combat. Alternatively, your resources can be used to command people you may recruit to do the “dirty work” for you. In essence, it will give you the ability to participate in combat through another person. “What do you mean Big-Tech refuses to invest in my company?” Later that night you pay the CEO a visit in your surrogate body and practice persuasion in a BIG way! One can be a legitimate business-person by day and an extreme negotiator by night.

-Gutter Boss (story driven/easy mode) This class shares a lot in common with the business professional, but your methods are far less savory. Prostitution rings, extreme forms of corruption, drugs, and other less than legal methods of financial gain. Brute force company acquisitions and bribes lead your conquest in the realization of Dark City through your eyes. The use of surrogates can be a choice. “What do you mean Big-Tech refuses to donate to the Tommy Two Toes foundation?” Later that night you give the CEO of Big-Tech a special fundraiser! (wink) One can be bad by day and ever worse by night.

III. Implants

EMP- Your body’s electrical implants shut down. During this shutdown state, your EMP implant emits an electromagnetic pulse that disables other electrical devices within a 10 yard radius. Heavily implanted people may be stunned for up to 20 seconds. Some of your implants may take up to 10 seconds to come back online.

Power Shot- Your power reserves are blasted into your movement systems, causing you to move at an accelerated rate. Although you move very quickly for 10 seconds, your gun accuracy is severely diminished. Melee attacks seem to be a viable option during this phase.

Split Hands- Your hands send out a strong negative and positive charged field into any object. Each hand has a split negative and positive charge that emits from both sides. Any object that is touched by your hand completes the circuit, allowing for a bond. Climb flat walls anyone? Like two magnetic fields meeting within an object.

IV. Quest- As with many things in this world, it is easy to stand back and say “I would do it this way”. In reality I can imagine the challenges developers are faced with when creating a free flowing quest system. This is the part where I would say that I would like a questing based system that allows for users to complete quests/tasks of any kind and at any time throughout the normal progression of the game. Let’s say for example that I would like to create a business relationship with the current “Gutter Boss” of Dark City while simultaneously building my resume for that perfect job at Big-Tech. I want to live a double life where by normal business hours I am Johnny on the spot for a corporation that I wish to someday command, and by night I complete work for my gutter boss in hopes of overthrowing his reign.

These are two equally compelling story lines that will require independent chains of random events. Within each of these quest lines the path changes based on how you handle quests for them in the first place. So we now have two independent quest lines that diverge and intersect at any given time. I can only imagine the complexities of creating a system that allows for the great deal of choices I would like to see. And by choices, I mean meaningful choices that can truly dictate the outcome of the intended goal of CyberPunk 2077. Alternately, some may choose to be an independent agent who steals corporation secrets for money and helps facilitate an uprising of the population to achieve the end goal.

There could be so many ways one can achieve the end goal of the game, and I would like to see the many ways be achievable at any time throughout the game based on how hard you work for one or them all. Additionally I would like to see each path converge and touch on another should you be working many angles.

I can only imagine the sheer amount of quests and thought that it would take to implement such a system, but with the use of surrogates (as mentioned previously) one could essentially live two lives and keep them independent.

V. First or Third person?- This is a tough one for me. I feel a better connection with a first person view, as if I am looking through the eyes of me in the RPG. The Witcher 1&2 did a great job of the 3rd person perspective. I did have a connection with Geralt even though I was not looking through his eyes. I guess I would be happy with both ways. I am also confident that CDPR will execute it well regardless of the perspective.

VI. Atmosphere- Sound… Sound is a key element in my opinion. The background sounds, music, and dialog voices should make the user feel part of the world. Take TW2 for example; with earphones on, I felt a part of the world.
Make it dark and gritty. One should be repulsed enough to have a desire to make a change. Lighting should complement the atmosphere. You know flickering swinging florescent lights in a crusty hallway with peeling paint. Whoa! Is that a bum in the corner?
Flying trash, papers, rolling bottles, and other random things in the world really sell a feeling of being there.

VII. Graphics I would like to ask you to be unreasonable and make a game that will melt the finest silicon conductors. I would like to ask you to force me to get pissed and update my 2year old pc. I would like to ask you to do these things, but it would not satisfy the masses who anticipate CDPR games. So please do the best that you can without singling out people based on systems. As far as console versions… well let’s just hope the new generation Dev kits are in your hands. I’m not a console hater, I just feel that technology has come much further, and developing games to fit the currently dated consoles is a slap in the face. It’s where the money is at though… damn double edge!

In all seriousness, graphics do matter to a lot of people but if you treat it like TW2, I have no fear.

(In all seriousness, just sell the game on an external hard drive packed full of data) If the trend takes off really well, just cut me in on the profits.

VIII. Interactions In a perfect world the user should be able to interact with everyone in some fashion. (just like the real world) Each interaction could be a conversation for data extraction or a sizing up for a proper mugging. You could help that old homeless guy, but for what gain? Now that businessman may yield some proper coin, but he could also provide you with information crucial to your plans. At the very least users should be able to have some interaction with everyone, even if it is a small “hello”.

Look for Part 2

IX. Braindancing- Braindancing could be a sort of mini-game. Can you mimic what occurred in the original braindance? Can you do it better? Braindancing could serve as a high-end betting game for wealthy clients. (Like high stakes poker)
Special braindances could also be a reward for accomplishing difficult in game tasks. [You now own Big-Tech]! CDPR rewards you with a braindance of “Katalin” a Hungarian female superstar. Hmmm? I mean no disrespect to females or males regarding that last idea. Nor do I mean any disrespect to Hungarians (Magyars). I am one after all.

X. Gameplay- You know best as a developer what style will fit your game. The best I can say is that users should not be restricted to violence to complete the game. Wealth is a powerful tool in the right hands of the intelligent. Guns are always popular, so weapon customization will keep it unique and fresh. Don’t be afraid to punish the user for bad choices. I personally like feeling a sense of loss in a game that I dictate. (It is a RPG after all) In real life we lost nothing but time we already dedicated to a game. Life is not always easy. Fast travel is a lazy feature, but I still use it. I’m asking if user should be worthy of completing that quest after fast traveling to the other side of town to turn it in? That guy you control had to walk there, why shouldn’t you? Ha-ha Fine! Find a cab and pay them to take you there.

XI. CDPR Closing- I have certainly rambled on for a long time. I can say that there is so much more I would like to say regarding your announce release of CyberPunk 2077, but I will keep it to myself for the time being.

To everyone involved in the CDPR games company; I would like to express my sincere thanks for producing a gaming product with no compromise. The Witcher series thus far has been an exceptional example of the quality and vision of a company who designs from the heart and true love of gaming. I feel that this reflects on your games, and the popularity of them should be your confirmation. I look forward to being an avid supporter of your products, and I will do my best to promote your games when possible.

I have no doubts that the people working at CDPR are a blast to work with ;)

So thank you again
A.M.

Well I'm not reading 36 pages of suggestions to see what's not been said yes. But as a cyberpunk-genre lover (and total Cyberpunk 2020 ignoramus), I feel like there needs to be

* Anarchists crazier than anything we've seen in any media so far. Uberpunks that make people in the Mad Max universe look sane by comparison. Give 'em crazy missions like Burning the News 54 offices / trying to steal a tank from the military either to increase their power or wreck carnage in the city / killing everything in an 20+ stories high building for the hell of it / have them burst in a hospital to kidnap a police officer and drag him back to their base dragging him in a coffin attached to a motorbike (Hobo with a Shotgun style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otFW-xb9J1U).

* Some crazy 80's fashion, but modernized, should be available to the PC and a couple of NPCs. Not so much that it feels like the 80's, but crazy Billy Joel hair should be there somewhere.

* Some / many film-noir inspire detective missions.

* Ability to influence the economy via hacking / corporate meddling / destroying stores or delivery trucks. AKA, if you keep blowing up hospitals, hospitals should beef up their security, and the price of medicine should go up (likewise if you manipulate prices to create a medicine shortage).

* Player bases appropriate to the characters (from high-end appartment 80 stories high to LITTERALLY a cardboard box in a dark alley because you're a damned bum, to anything in between).

* More than just one party venue. It's cool that there's a big club, but there ought to be less cool clubs. Possibly for you to buy and try to out-cool the bigger clubs out there over time.

* Assasins that come after you. During your sleep. Like if you rest at home, you're interupted and a bunch of anarchists / hi-tech mercs / common thugs / barge in and try to kill you. Or maybe they got there before you did, and your place is booby-trapped.

* The very real possibility of failure / death / that choices will affect what quests are available to me. This shouldn't feel like Skyrim where you can become the top guy at the Mage's Guild / Fighter's Guild / Thieves' Guild / Dark Brotherhood. It should be possible to work your way up a couple of factions, but if you're the top cop in town, you probably don't have the time to be the top reporter as well.

* Upkeep. Meaning you should have to pay for rent, weapon maintenance, aug maintenance, etc... But also that if you have a job (say cop) and you don't do any cop missions for a while, then your cop reputation goes down because you're a lazy cop. Or if you're a rock star, and you stop doing concerts, then you stop being cool, and people forget about you because there's the other guy that's kicking your ass at being all over the net while you're out in the streets teabagging bums.

* No quick-time events, or as little as humanly possible.

* Mod support

And that's about it for my brainstorming session. Hopefully some of these ideas will be of use to the devs. Would love to see a couple of those implemented (but only if it makes the game better, of course).

I would like to see a more OPEN world not just a linear story line LOTS of choices and directions your character can go in

would be nice if it was either a multiplayer game or at least able to be a co-p game for up to 6 characters as well as a solo game. the original was suited for a team of players but could be modded to fit a single player depending on the job

If it ends up a multi player game world the ability for player created adventures would be a superb boost to the Edge feel of Cyberpunk

Some areas would be bight and shiny like downtown but for the most part its slums and dark and usually dangerous with gangs and druggies and the inquisitors waiting on dark alleys

I'll keep this simple so everyone can see where I'm going with this.
5 really simple things things

1. "The Fidelity"
This games only duty is to be a Cyberpunk RPG.
What do i mean by this? Well I simply mean this: when someone says to you (the player) "whats a good cyberpunk RPG?" , first words out of your mouth should be "start with Cyberpunk 2077" Because while there might be other RPG's and there might be other Cyberpunk titles if those two words do not conjure up this game in your mind, you are wasting everyone's time.Staying true to the genre and the style is a must.

2. "The Player"
The Player must be the person behind the screen.
Now this is as straight forward as I can get.
If you feel like another NPC then SOMETHING IS WRONG.

3. "The Enemy"
The Person on the receiving end of the gun had better damn well know how to shoot back.
Straight forward like before. If it feels like just another NPC is shooting at you then SOMETHING IS WRONG. They need to have hate in their eyes, they need to be driven to make your day a miserable one, and they should not feel like Brainless clones.
(unless of course they are brainless clones)

4. "The Journey"
"When I reach the top of my long adventure I'll look back I'll feel proud at how far I've come, hell, maybe i'll race myself back down and do it again
"
People love closure, but they should feel like it meant something.This goes double for "the Journey". The game should be an experience, not a chore.

5. "The Atmosphere"
(I actually have the most faith in this last part from all that I've seen this is definitely covered)

The setting itself must be as alive as the player. We all know Rick Deckard was a Blade Runner but it was the bright towering cityscape and dark fog of Los Angeles that made you believe it was a dangerous place.

That said I have my utmost confidence in CDPR and Mike. I will be sitting on the edge of my seat to how this all pans out.

What I would like to see is actual damage to your player. For instance you are heavily damage to your right arm in which hinders your player sightly. Give the player a sense of trying to survive and make smart decision or you will pay for it. See actually battle scars on your player which you can fix to a certain extent like minor wounds, but if it's heavy damage then that will leave a scar which will you cannot fix. Pretty much if you went through hell you can tell that you actually did. See how much your character been through at the end and think to yourself "Damn, how did you survive?" Eh, maybe just thinking a little too much outside the box.

Also please no multiplayer, I would love it but I feel I rather have all the concentration on the single player instead of diverting your attention from where it needs to be. I love multiplayer but I feel like it's not needed here.

Please PC first then worry about dumbing it down for the consoles afterwards, don't hold back!!!!

Wish you guys the best! Goodluck :)

According to me the things that will make Cyberpunk a good and epic RPG game are:-

1. Strong, Well Thought-Out Storyline.
2. A believable, compelling, and interactive world
3. Not just a Role Playing Game but a Socially Active Role Playing Game.
4. A key ingredient - the actual mechanics or gameplay.
5. Can manage to push players emotionally and mentally in the direction of an ideal experience.
6. The game must have awesome cutting-edge graphics.
6. Should have a multiple choices, but not too many (Ex:- good or evil choices).
7. The game should have two endings. One evil and one good.
8. Challenging combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom