Cyberpunk and Bubblegum Crisis

+
I have been noticing that Cyberpunk shares similar game play with the Japanese Anime Tv Show from the 90's Bubblegum Crisis which is set in 2033 and falls into the time frame of Cyberpunk!!!!! I am watching old reruns Of Bubblegum Crisis on CON ANIME TV and also shares similar roots as Mega Man and the evil Protagonist is the Tech Company GENOM who Illegally manufacturers Mech Robots. What I mean is there are similarities and doesn't have gameplay.

Last edited:
I have been noticing that Cyberpunk shares similar game play with the Japanese Anime Tv Show from the 90's Bubblegum Crisis which is set in 2033 and falls into the time frame of Cyberpunk!!!!! I am watching old reruns Of Bubblegum Crisis on CON ANIME TV and also shares similar roots as Mega Man and the evil Protagonist is the Tech Company GENOM who Illegally manufacturers Mech Robots.
Rtalsorian did a tabletop version of Bublegum Crisis, i do have a copy of the sourcebook somewhere. I'm affraid that is a complete separate license from main product, so crossovers are quite unlikely-i'm not even sure they still hold the license, it was published in 1996-

The main Protagonist is the Knight Sabre. Maybe Cd Projekt could use this as a weapon name and brand new Weapon maybe A plasma bolt Sniper rifle similar to the NEVEC Halberd from Lost Planet 3.
Post automatically merged:

Bubblegum Crisis is Cyberpunk and Mech Combat

Last edited:
I used to play a futuristic mmorpg called Anarchy Online; it wasn't pure cyberpunk as far as I know but there were certainly elements of what I would consider to be that. It has the typical factions you could choose to play: good guys, bad guys, and neutral. The bad guys are an evil corporation called Omni-Tek that manufactures all sort of technology (in an evil way, of course) and even has their own soldiers. Where have I heard of that before? And evil Omni-Tek is what I played because you can spin evil into a lot of fun from an rp perspective. I liked to play my evil, sadistic, smack-talking character kind of like Daffy Duck in that I would make it say this outrageous stuff but try to make it funny and the most evil of plots almost always blew up in her face. When in doubt, I'd always go back to Daffy.

Seems like I lost the point of this thread...

Anyway, yeah, there are some similar themes with other media.

Strange I could not find a screen shot on the internet, maybe I am remembering wrong...

I could swear I saw a wall with graffiti in NC that had a reference to "Bubblegum Crisis" as if it was one of the popular rock bands in the game world.

I must be thinking of something else.

Top Bottom