?Cyberpunk Kickstarter?

+

Guest 3932640

?Cyberpunk Kickstarter?

I've been waiting for something like Cyberpunk or Shadowrun to be done proper, not like the garbage that has been spewed out in the past and I would jump at the opportunity to pitch in on this development much like what Star Citizen is doing now.

Not much need.
CDPR may have started as an indy developer but these days they're basically triple A.
With a difference, CDPR actually makes games with their customers in mind not their stockholders.
Not to say their stockholders aren't doing QUITE well. But they recognize the long-term payoff benefits of CDPRs approach and aren't in it to make a quick buck.

Besides, if they did a Kickstarter they'd have to bend to the vocal minority of backers (as opposed to the silent majority) rather then doing the game the way they think it should be done.

Guest 3932640

I'm well aware of CDPR. My post has nothing to do with the "need" of money or creating an imaginary obligation. My post was about showing support for the genre and the development with more than just hopes and wishes.

Guest 3932640

I have all of HBS products. Shadowrun is my favorite genre and I would've prefered CDPR to make SR instead but, too your point; I bought the HBS games of Shadowrun because of the genre. I can't say anything positive about them beyond that.

Radiant_Lotus;n9533351 said:
I've been waiting for something like Cyberpunk or Shadowrun to be done proper, not like the garbage that has been spewed out in the past and I would jump at the opportunity to pitch in on this development much like what Star Citizen is doing now.

Shadowrun has been done proper or more proper than the dreck Microsoft had crapped out years ago, Shadowrun Returns is a fairly solid game if you play the main scenario or get scenarios done professionally. And Star Citizen is only a good example if you want to talk about kickstarter scams. $20,000 for a cappuccino machine? Kickstarter was a good idea that got ruined by scumbags.

Radiant_Lotus;n9537931 said:
I'm well aware of CDPR. My post has nothing to do with the "need" of money or creating an imaginary obligation. My post was about showing support for the genre and the development with more than just hopes and wishes.

But that's the thing, you're asking about a kickstarter is just that you're wanting CDPR to need money from you and usually when someone donates to a kickstarter, they want the company they donated to, to be obligated to them. And it's rather sad, I use to think highly of kickstarter then to many scammers bandwagoned onto it with the people behind kickstarter either ignoring them out right or punishing a scammer after the fact.

Guest 3932640

Whatever you say. All you've done is portray your opinion as fact of which it is not and your judgements about me and everyone else you put under your of assumptions are offensive. I'm not going to say anymore about it. This argument holds very little interest to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be all over the place if they Kickstarted an emulation of CP2020 in a cRPG form. Systems translated to the computer version verbatim, in a similiar fashion as the Infinity Engine games did with D&D, focus on open storytelling and overall general gameplay like Fallout (1&2), art like Satellite Reign, PnP conventions and freedom implemented as far as possible, interactivity and reactivity up the wazoo...

I might even cosider a larger sum to take part in that.

But yeah, they don't need crowdfunding. Not for anything I can think of, including Cyberpunk 2077 where doing it would open the doors for demands (instead of just requests and suggestions) from the fanbase ("I gave you money, you charlatan fucks, and you ignored me!).

RLKing1969;n9538991 said:
He came, he saw, he got his ass kicked, took his ball and went home. Welcome to modern America.

Must have been Chris Roberts in disguise, he can't stand being called out on his $20k coffee pot.

kofeiiniturpa;n9541361 said:
I'd be all over the place if they Kickstarted an emulation of CP2020 in a cRPG form. Systems translated to the computer version verbatim, in a similiar fashion as the Infinity Engine games did with D&D, focus on open storytelling and overall general gameplay like Fallout (1&2), art like Satellite Reign, PnP conventions and freedom implemented as far as possible, interactivity and reactivity up the wazoo...

I might even cosider a larger sum to take part in that.

But yeah, they don't need crowdfunding. Not for anything I can think of, including Cyberpunk 2077 where doing it would open the doors for demands (instead of just requests and suggestions) from the fanbase ("I gave you money, you charlatan fucks, and you ignored me!).

This..I want this..and my idea over in the Franchise thread. I want to see CDPR do more with Cyberpunk than give us the Ultimate Cyberpunk experience in 2077. Your Idea, my idea other ideas..want them all. I got a bad itch for Cyberpunk and can't get it scratched.

Top Bottom