Deck creation - silver cards instead of gold ?

+
Deck creation - silver cards instead of gold ?

I know gold cards are pretty strong right now, but I was wondering, why is it not posible to pick 4 silver cards instead of 4 golds?

Im sure it would create a lot of new opportunities.

Dont you hate it when you pick 2 gold cards for your deck that fit your deck idea but then you are just forced to pick another 2 because you cant really pick a theortically weaker /less resilient silver card that would have a better use ?

i know the way it is people want to scrap new cards but even silvers can cost 800 so where is the problem ? ;)

What i mean would look like this :

0-6 silver

0-4 silver/gold

Gold cards are not always stronger than Silver cards. Also, Brouver Hoog becomes pretty OP when he can choose from 10 silver cards. The idea is nice, but the balance will be lost in a game that still isn't balanced yet, to begin with. So let's not do this just yet.

silver cards are strong supplementary/utility cards
gold cards are game changers.
so it makes sense to have more strict limit on game changing cards.

Honestly I'd prefer 5/5 instead of 6/4 oftentimes I find myself choosing between Golds and end up with 2 Thematic and 2 universal.

Its not just because of its power that Igni finds a home in nearly every deck, same deal with Yen con. It's because they're useful in a variety of situations and the Restriction tends to mean erring on the side of caution and running with universal cards like them.

I can see why they don't however as NR would gain such an advantage from having an extra gold card that it'd make the gold deck busted again, especially since towers are popular.

I would like to see more universal Faction only gold cards however as Igni/Yen Con/Bork in just about every deck really does get a bit tiresome to see.

​​​

We discussed this once a while ago here. I'm still in favor of a fluid boundary of non-bronze. Brouver alone, in my opinion, isn't a good reason to reject an idea that could help struggling new players so much. But I would also be in favor of 30 card deck sizes or a scaling silver/gold ratio for deck sizes*. Not to mention the variety it could bring to deck building in general.

*Note - Such as:
30 Cards allows 7 silver and 5 gold or an 12 card cap on non-bronze, 35 allows 8 Silver and 6 Gold or an 14 card cap on non-bronze, 40 allows 9 Silver and 7 Gold or a 14 card cap on non-bronze. The current ratio is 40% non-bronze - 12, 14, and 16 is the 40% calculation for those deck sizes.

The main problem imo is that part of the game is card counting and predictability... if I see Brouver showing 3 cards, I know he has 3 minus whatever silvers he's played in his hand. If I've seen 3 Golds, I know that there's one Gold left, and if he's milled out I can guess if it's Gigni etc. If you make silvers and golds fluid all that is gone.

Top Bottom