Devotion mechanics has no responses to artifacts ?

+
Wow this is a critical defect. Devotion doesn’t look OP. So every faction needs own anti artifact cards !
e.g. Dao could be monster card etc.

It seems to me that this is a golden opportunity to revitalize some weak, seldom-used faction cards by adding some tech trait as a dominance ability.

They may have been looking at the fact that a lot of artifacts are neutral and playing those means giving up devotion as it is

Devotion decks could have a limit of x provisions to be spent with neutrals (maybe with x defined by the leader provisions bonus) therefore opening room for the inclusion of Heatwave.

I really like playing devotion decks, but the downside of giving opponents the information that my deck can't counter their artifacts whatsoever is really bad, not to mention the predictability that comes with devotion archetypes anyways. If this was to be implemented I would still not do it because I don't like "full removal" special cards such as Heathwave and Yenvo, but just the fact that I could have that counter option would make a difference as opponents would be wary of it.

rrc

Forum veteran
Currenly only SK, NR and MO can afford devotion since they are pretty bloody OP themselves. Scenarios don't mean anything against them as their bronze packages can generate more points than a scenario. ST, NG and SY though needs to have an answer to Scenarios without which they will fall flat on their nose. Among these weaklings, ST has a solid deck with no-unit-Gord with two variations (PS and Nature'sGift). SY has Hidden Cache which can try to outpoint SK NR MO with a lot of engines. NG neither has big pointslam (like ST with Justice) or control as good as SK or NR (how ironic?!) nor do they have WTF kind of engines (Dames are pretty OP, but they need the scenario and poison packages) which can't match any of the other decks currently.

Top Bottom