DLC or Next-Gen-Patch, What's more important to you?

+

What do you want to see first?

• DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT !

Votes: 74 54.8%
  • NEXT GEN PATCH !

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • BOTH needs to be included in THE ONE BIG UPDATE that changes EVERYTHING for the better.

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • THE GAME IS FINE and they just need to FIX SOME BUGS and improve overall PERFORMANCE.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • WHERE's the PC VERSION of this game ?

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • Pizza.

Votes: 26 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given that I just got home to find my partner had stealth purchased one of these, I want all of it.... Now........ Really quickly! Had pizza for dinner last night too:p
20210729_184643.jpg

I actually am upgrading to a PS4 Pro solely to replay Cyberpunk 2077. Not play it. Replay it.

So, impressive job CDPR.

At this point I might as well wait for the PS5 update. I was joking what I'd get first: my own PS5, a COVID vaccination or a properly patched and expanded Cyberpunk 2077. Turns out, I got the PS5 in April, got my second jab today and no sign of life from CP2077 yet. Fantastic. Sony and the German state were faster than you, CDPR!

They can either drop a really big update with meaningful new content really soon or I will really loose interest for good. Not even a steady flow of Kerry screenshots helps anymore :giveup:

At this point I might as well wait for the PS5 update. I was joking what I'd get first: my own PS5, a COVID vaccination or a properly patched and expanded Cyberpunk 2077. Turns out, I got the PS5 in April, got my second jab today and no sign of life from CP2077 yet. Fantastic. Sony and the German state were faster than you, CDPR!

They can either drop a really big update with meaningful new content really soon or I will really loose interest for good. Not even a steady flow of Kerry screenshots helps anymore :giveup:

I mean, they've done a huge ton of patches. Some of these patches are insanely long.

It's just the game was THAT broken.

What I'm really waiting for is them to do these small fixes (I assume they are small):
#1: Gravity death. Fix this finally, please! Too many times you for some reason gather insane speeds when standing near ledge and all the sudden jumpin 3 feet down it feels as if you've jumped 80 feet drop.

#2: Climbing out of water needs to be much smoother, it's really buggy atm

#3: Make Boolean value for randomly generated NPC's which tracks whether player has SEEN the NPC. Every NPC that player has not seen can be deleted an instant (just like now) whenever player shoots in air and the NPC's panic. But those NPC's player has seen they must only be deleted upon exiting players view range (going behind corner is not enough). 99% of the logic already exists, just add a Boolean value and the condition for deletion.

#4: When there's traffic jam, the traffic AI (or the logic responsible for AI pathing) must recognize another route on how to get past traffic. Also of course the car would have to recognize not to move when car in front of them is stuck on red lights so slightly harder. I'm 99.99% sure the logic to solve this pathing already exists since civilians are already able to avoid cars in middle of walkways.

#5 When you run toward a summoned car, when car stops it has to be able to refresh your UI if you're already too close, currently you have to step back and forward to have the prompt to enter vehicle. It's really annoying, and this is not the only area where this happens.

Other than this, I'm not really waiting those small DLC contents like customizing cars. I mean they're nice things but I don't think they'll hold my attention very long.

Other than Expansion content, I'd mostly be waiting (on top of those fixes) few balancing things and tuning economy, perks, crafting etc.

Last edited:
I play exclusively on PC. The "next gen patch" is completely irrelevant to me.
Maybe not :)
Since optimizing for old-gen consoles has probably resulted in lower graphics even on high-end PCs, the reverse may be just as true.An optimization for next-gen consoles can also lead to improved graphics on PCs.

Maybe not :)
Since optimizing for old-gen consoles has probably resulted in lower graphics even on high-end PCs, the reverse may be just as true.An optimization for next-gen consoles can also lead to improved graphics on PCs.
While that might be true, they will still have to patch the game for the older consoles too so i doubt they will be dividing the patches even more. Since its already affeted PC im guessing it will be the lowest hardware that sets the limit for all platforms unless they start dividing up the software to run the best on specific hardware. also PC is a weird plattform since it has a wide spread of configurations.

I dont hold my breath for it to make a big differance for me either but i hope they will optimise it without turning down gfx even more. and hopefully gain some preformance instead.

While that might be true, they will still have to patch the game for the older consoles too so i doubt they will be dividing the patches even more.
Not necessarily, just like optimized games for XB1x and especially for Series X/S, base XB1s do not use the same options/settings/files ;)

Not necessarily, just like optimized games for XB1x and especially for Series X/S, base XB1s do not use the same options/settings/files ;)
I doubt it contains the same files on pc either but still the gfx got nerfed. I think they limit engien setting directly and that carries over to all platforms. Or its just poorly optimised and were gonna have too live with it. Might work if they do one setting for pc+new gen and one for the older stuff but wont run well on older pcs and so on. Hopefully FSR and so on will be implemented atleast, not that it would help me anything but it could help across the board.

I doubt it contains the same files on pc either but still the gfx got nerfed. I think they limit engien setting directly and that carries over to all platforms. Or its just poorly optimised and were gonna have too live with it. Might work if they do one setting for pc+new gen and one for the older stuff but wont run well on older pcs and so on. Hopefully FSR and so on will be implemented atleast, not that it would help me anything but it could help across the board.
We can't said before see it,
But in my opinion, the better and faster way to reduce crashes on all plateforms was to reduce the graphisms for everyone. Now if it's enough for old-gen consoles, they can increase them for next-gen consoles. And on PCs, you would probably choose yourself somewhere between old-gen consoles and next-gen consoles settings (or higher if you have high-end PC).

Like the number of Civilians showed on screen at the same time.
-Reduce the crash for old gen consoles > limited to 50 for everyone.
-Now it's "fixed", so increase this number to 100 for next-gen consoles.
-And on PC you would choose between 50 and 100 or even 150 if you have a good PC.

But I am almost sure that everyone will benefit from the improvements of this update, even PC players (except players with old-gen consoles of course).

It's impossible to say what the next gen update will include, so I voted for dlc and pizza.

Neither... Fixing the game should be their priority. Esp on current gen consoles, well, old gen... whatever.
I came back to it briefly after 1.3, and after about 6 hours put it away again and went back to waiting.
Now all the talk is next gen version and dlc, which pisses me off since it's still not fixed for XB1/PS4.

Top Bottom