Do you think Phantom Liberty will be worth the price? Reasons?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I preordered it cause I honestly never had that many issues that I thought were bad enough.

then again Ive played skyrim and other really buggy games just fine so maybe im not one to talk.

I didn't preorder the main game, mostly because I stop preordering games years ago. I don't believe the hype.

I will wait for a long while to bother with this dlc. Mostly because of some of the statements made in the main game and things implied when the game first came out.
It made zero difference which life path you choose , you end up basically a nomad or streetkid in the end.

To me nothing you did made any difference in anything. which I guess makes some sense in the grand scheme of things.

The fast forward idea at the beginning of the game was a totally pointless thing and for me made a disconnect with V in general, not to mention left me with zero interest in any of the main npc. Would rather preferred to go through the whole beginning event instead of the fast forward.

Also the endings aren't all that great and no matter how you splits hairs of the wording the ending is basically the same. V die, whether it is at the actual end or in a few week/months the character still dies.

Now with phantom liberty well they are making statements again, why should I believe any of them.

Endings in PL will affect the base game. Then, based on the ending within Phantom Liberty, you can unlock a new ending in the base game.

Extremely vague statement, which make since, kinda protecting themselves from people saying they said xyz. It also doesn't say or even imply that V's endings will change, It just says there will be a new ending based on what you do in the DLC. which doesn't say much. It could be a new scene placed onto a already existing ending. which to me isn't actually a new ending.

I have zero confidence that the endings will change a whole lot, Unless I hear otherwise not wasting $30 on the same broken promises as before.

For me yes, no brainer.
I have CP2077 and played through it in dec 2020 and then several reruns in 2021 and I've never experienced any real bad performance, enjoyed the game thoroughly. And that is me saying that as a then-PS4 player.
Now I'm starting a new run on PS5 port (came as free upgrade) and I will incorporate this new expansion as part of that run (for starters) to continue that joyfull experience.

Nuff said

I am extremely disappointed it will not have any new romances or even much to add to the current romances, so it will have to be really spectacular in other ways for me to pay 30 bucks for it.

''Worth'' is subjective.

I tend to view my spendings in hours. If I spend 80 euro's on something that I will only play for 10 hours, it's relatively steep.
However with cyberpunk totalling at almost 600 hours on different accounts and playthroughs I am willing to wager that the price for Phantom Liberty isn't too steep.

Guest 4670038

''Worth'' is subjective.

I tend to view my spendings in hours. If I spend 80 euro's on something that I will only play for 10 hours, it's relatively steep.
However with cyberpunk totalling at almost 600 hours on different accounts and playthroughs I am willing to wager that the price for Phantom Liberty isn't too steep.
Interesting. So, any game that is grindy/repetitive with cringy dialogue and forgettable characters is worth it...so long as it's 600 hours long? I am reading that right?

Guest 4670038

It's obviously implying they don't mean that. :facepalm:
I'm jus' sayin', I like to get my money's worth in terms of hours too, but not all 600hr games are created equal. Anthem comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. So, any game that is grindy/repetitive with cringy dialogue and forgettable characters is worth it...so long as it's 600 hours long? I am reading that right?
nope. as he said worth is subjective, if you want to spend 600 hours playing grindy game play then that's up to you, maybe you enjoy that in which case the game would be worthwhile if your measurement of worth is how many hours of fun you got out of the game.

"So, any game that is grindy/repetitive with cringy dialogue and forgettable characters is worth it..."

No, obviously you're not reading that right because @Waharbl literally didn't say a word of that and you're just shoehorning words into their mouth. Please try to be mature enough not to project your experience of a game onto someone else's.

Also this isn't a 600 hour game. Obviously. The point is, they've enjoyed the game so much, that they've spent that long on it - that's excellent value for money. I'm guessing they've done repeat playthroughs. You could spend the same money on seasons 1-6 of Lost, which would take around 90 hours to binge through, and Cyberpunk would still be way better value for money for them. For me it's ludicrously high value for money because I've spent north of 3000 hours on CP o_O

Just out of interest, how many hours have you clocked up? Surely not 600 hours since you didn't like it??

Guest 4670038

nope. as he said worth is subjective, if you want to spend 600 hours playing grindy game play then that's up to you, maybe you enjoy that in which case the game would be worthwhile if your measurement of worth is how many hours of fun you got out of the game.
...okaay.

For me it's ludicrously high value for money because I've spent north of 3000 hours on CP o_O
Impressive playing time :giggle:

My longest playthrough on Cyberpunk is 200hrs and I (really) took my time... But with Phantom Liberty and all the changes/improvements that CDPR will add (in my opinion, it will be worth to restart a new playthrough again), I expect to easily exceed 200 hrs. So for me the price of Phantom Liberty is definitly worth it, no doubt.

My longest playthrough on Cyberpunk is 200hrs and I (really) took my time... But with Phantom Liberty and all the changes/improvements that CDPR will add (in my opinion, it will be worth to restart a new playthrough again), I expect to easily exceed 200 hrs. So for me the price of Phantom Liberty is definitly worth it, no doubt.

I have 100 something hrs and I did all the quests, plus legendary loot. How did you put in a extra 100?

Yup - 200 hours is standard for me!

I have no life :coolstory:

Guest 4670038

"So, any game that is grindy/repetitive with cringy dialogue and forgettable characters is worth it..."

No, obviously you're not reading that right because @Waharbl literally didn't say a word of that and you're just shoehorning words into their mouth. Please try to be mature enough not to project your experience of a game onto someone else's.

Also this isn't a 600 hour game. Obviously. The point is, they've enjoyed the game so much, that they've spent that long on it - that's excellent value for money. I'm guessing they've done repeat playthroughs. You could spend the same money on seasons 1-6 of Lost, which would take around 90 hours to binge through, and Cyberpunk would still be way better value for money for them. For me it's ludicrously high value for money because I've spent north of 3000 hours on CP o_O

Just out of interest, how many hours have you clocked up? Surely not 600 hours since you didn't like it??
I pose what amounts to harmless questions on the "worth" of games (this is a thread about "worth" after all) to someone else, and you attack me with baseless accusations of 'immaturity'.

Anyway, clearly CB2077 isn't a 600hr game and we were referring to multiple playthroughs i.e. replayability. And what makes you think I didn't/don't like the game? I literally began this thread with "...I do appreciate the time and effort that went into the story and visuals overall." Maybe you shouldn't "shoehorn" words into my mouth.

Also, I have way more hours played than I care to admit.

Edit: I would be remiss if I didn't add, 'Maturity is subjective." lol;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 100 something hrs and I did all the quests, plus legendary loot. How did you put in a extra 100?
I complete all the NCPD Scanner Hustles on foot on all the map (except Badlands), looting everything on my way (I mean everything, the map is not far to be "empty" when I finish the game), I never fast travel, I spend time to buy clothes and so on... time fly :)
I never completed the game in less than 150 hrs (for the record, my "current playthrough", I just met Takemura at Tom's Diner, saw Judy at Lizzie's Bar for Automatic Love, and I have already +80 hrs...)

Edit : I forget to mention that it also highly depend on how you play. I generally go full stealth without being detected and manual knockout as much as possible (or with knives). So a GIG take me 10-20 minutes to complete in this way could be completed in a couple of minutes in full gun blazing :)

Last edited:
I pose what amounts to harmless questions on the "worth" of games (this is a thread about "worth" after all) to someone else, and you attack me with baseless accusations of 'immaturity'.

Anyway, clearly CB2077 isn't a 600hr game and we were referring to multiple playthroughs i.e. replayability. And what makes you think I didn't/don't like the game? I literally began this thread with "...I do appreciate the time and effort that went into the story and visuals overall." Maybe you shouldn't "shoehorn" words into my mouth.

Also, I have way more hours played than I care to admit.

Edit: I would be remiss if I didn't add, 'Maturity is subjective." lol;)

It's not baseless:

Here's @Waharbl's post:
''Worth'' is subjective.

And here's exactly what you said:
"Interesting. So, any game that is grindy/repetitive with cringy dialogue and forgettable characters is worth it...so long as it's 600 hours long? I am reading that right?"

The green bit? That's what Waharbl mentioned. All the red stuff? That's you completely misrepresenting what they've said to create a strawman. I mean, if anyone wants a textbook example of the strawman fallacy, there it is. That's not an innocent misunderstanding; that's a willful misrepresentation of someone else's words, in order to falsely amplify your own opinion.

And what made me think you don't like the game is, again, the bit in red, which are your words, not someone else's. How else is someone supposed to interpret that? It's up to you to clarify that.

Now, there's nothing wrong with wanting to share your own experience. If you want to just say outright, "I personally think the game is grindy/repetitive with cringy dialogue and forgettable characters", then fine! Take ownership of it, but don't project that onto other people's posts as if they're saying the same thing when they're not.

I get that you want CDPR to hear you. I get that you want them to change the game in a way that you want. That's fine. BUT your tactic involves manipulating another's post to make it seem like other people's views are congruent with your own even when they aren't.

Do I think that's immature? Yeah, I do. At the very least I think maturity includes owning up to our flaws/mistakes, making an effort to fix them, and doing better going forward. That's just personal growth IMO :shrug:

At the very least I think maturity includes owning up to our flaws/mistakes, making an effort to fix them, and doing better going forward. That's just personal growth IMO :shrug:

For clarity's sake, the red point is for this bit only as I fully, and strongly, agree with this.

Otherwise, let's play nice people and not get this thread locked. There has been some interesting discussions in this one.

Alright everyone, enough with the personal skirmishing. Please respect everyone's opinion, even if it's different than yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom