Do you use fast travel?

+

Do you use the game's fast travel system?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
I never use fast travel, but I like unlocking their points.

I just too much love to drive the cars (especially Rayfield Caliburn) and always pick a car to travel, even if it means driving by car from one side of a city to another. It's also very immersive to drive, while for me fast travel works against immersion.

I enjoy both driving (cars and first person only) and travelling on foot, depending on which option I feel like choosing. Even if the distance I plan to cover is more than 2 kilometres, I often choose to not drive. (Partially because that's what I would do in real life; a few kilometres is easy to do on foot, and I don't even like driving.)

There's so much to see and find all over the city that I would miss a LOT -- though nowhere near as much as by using fast travel -- if I drove everywhere. I often get sidetracked by side quests and/or gangers in need of eliminating, but that just makes travelling more fun and interesting.

Both modes of travel are almost equally immersive to me.

I enjoy both driving (cars and first person only) and travelling on foot, depending on which option I feel like choosing. Even if the distance I plan to cover is more than 2 kilometres, I often choose to not drive. (Partially because that's what I would do in real life; a few kilometres is easy to do on foot, and I don't even like driving.)

There's so much to see and find all over the city that I would miss a LOT -- though nowhere near as much as by using fast travel -- if I drove everywhere. I often get sidetracked by side quests and/or gangers in need of eliminating, but that just makes travelling more fun and interesting.

Both modes of travel are almost equally immersive to me.
I imagine in life you usually walk and do not sprint those 2km .
So those 2km here you walk as well?
Post automatically merged:

I never use fast travel, but I like unlocking their points.

I just too much love to drive the cars (especially Rayfield Caliburn) and always pick a car to travel, even if it means driving by car from one side of a city to another. It's also very immersive to drive, while for me fast travel works against immersion.
Considering Fast Travel is legitimate game mechanics and not some fan made mod , I do not find it immersion breaking.
There are many things in this game that are not possible in real life .
Why even play the game?

Last edited:
I imagine in life you usually walk and do not sprint those 2km .
So those 2km here you walk as well?
Of course I don't sprint for kilometres. That would be very strange indeed, and make no sense in terms of wanting to be immersed in the world.

I thought I had already made it quite clear I am NOT someone who needs to get from A to B fast. Cyberpunk isn't a racing game.

One of my favorite things in the game because I roleplay as a night owl is always driving back home at the start of morning around 6:00 (6AM), because I prefer doing everything during the night, so going back home to crash into the bed as if V is mega tired really feels awesome for immersion :D

Then sleeping till 18:00 (6PM) and taking a shower before she's off to another night in Night City. Watching the sun rise slowly on the way back home feels so magical.

General reminder to everyone at this point: There is no right or wrong way to travel in this game. Everyone can play as they please and use whatever traveling methods they want. If someone wants to crouch everywhere, that is fine. If someone wants to run everywhere, that is fine. If someone wants to jump everywhere, that is fine. If someone wants to drive everywhere, that is fine. If someone wants to fast travel as much as possible, that is also fine.

So please, respect other opinions, even if they are totally different than yours.

Also, no personal skirmishes here. Thank you.

Top Bottom