Does Crunch Mod Even Works?

+
Hello everyone! After 1.5 I've noticed the following thing:
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.04.24 - 13.09.18.15.png

The first picture shows the damage of the unequipped weapon with 4 crunch mods, the second picture shows the damage of the equipped weapon.

Before 1.5 update, “Crunch” mod used to add flat 7 points of damage to the weapons. Weapons with low damage per bullet, such as “Divided We Stand” had a huge profit from this mod and the difference in damage with it and without was huge. Right now this mod adds 7% damage, but it feels like it adds 0% and the screenshots above only make me even more suspicious, that the mod does not work and only shows the bonus, when the weapon is unequipped.
Is there someone who maybe tested it and can correct me if I am wrong, or have the same feeling about this mod, so I would report that issue?

From my experience, I think the differences between damages when you draw it or not (the weapon in hand in the inventory) are due to your skills (perks/attributes).
Like the headshot bonus, I suppose that you have the kiroshi mod installed (legnedary one sell by Viktor) :)

But I could do some "tests" too. But I don't think that crunch is the culprit anyway :)

From my experience, I think the differences between damages when you draw it or not (the weapon in hand in the inventory) are due to your skills (perks/attributes).
Like the headshot bonus, I suppose that you have the kiroshi mod installed (legnedary one sell by Viktor) :)
Yes, the damage suppose to increase, when you equip the weapon, because of your perks, and you can see it on both pictures (crit damage raises from 15.75% to 57.75%). But the problem is that base damage is decreased on the second picture, where the weapon is equipped. This means that equipped weapons with all perks have less damage, than unequipped one. That's why I have the suspicion, that mod “Crunch” works only on unequipped weapons and disables, when you equip it.

So few tests done :)
Divided We Stand
1 - Freshly crafted, upgraded at max (level 50), without any mod and in the inventory (not equiped).
Damages : 67 - 82
24-04-2022_14-31-27-3p53n4uq.jpeg
2 - The same, in the inventory, with 4 Crunch mods.
Damages : 82 - 100
24-04-2022_14-31-27-1zuyexus.jpeg
3 - The same, equipped but not worn.
24-04-2022_14-31-26-le35edfy.jpeg
4 - The same, equipped and worn.
Damages : 83 - 101
24-04-2022_14-31-26-duoyrfup.jpeg

So as you can see, no problem on my side, damages are slightly increased when I hold it, due to perks/skills/cyberwares.
And Crunch work as intended (6% of average damages not DPS) so :
  • Average dmg (first screenshot) : (67+82):2=74.5
  • Crunch bonus : 6% of 74.5 = 4.47 dmg
  • 4 crunchs : 4x4.47 = 17.88 dmg
  • Total (average + crunch bonus) : 74.5+17.88 = 92.38 dmg
  • Average damage with crunch equiped (second screenshot) : 82 - 100 > average = 91 dmg
So quite accurate :)

You don't use mods ?

And weapons that benefit the most with Crunch are weapons with the highest base damage values, like Overwatch or any sniper rifles (because crunch bonus is applied on the base damage)

So few tests done :)
Divided We Stand
1 - Freshly crafted, upgraded at max (level 50), without any mod and in the inventory (not equiped).
Damages : 67 - 82
View attachment 11302093
2 - The same, in the inventory, with 4 Crunch mods.
View attachment 11302096
3 - The same, equipped but not worn.
View attachment 11302099
4 - The same, equipped and worn.
Damages : 83 - 101
View attachment 11302102

So as you can see, no problem on my side, damages are slightly increased when I hold it, due to perks/skills/cyberwares.
And Crunch work as intended (6% of average damages not DPS) so :
  • Average dmg (first screenshot) : (67+82):2=74.5
  • Crunch bonus : 6% of 74.5 = 4.47 dmg
  • 4 crunchs : 4x4.47 = 17.88 dmg
  • Total (average + crunch bonus) : 74.5+17.88 = 92.38 dmg
  • Average damage with crunch equiped (second screenshot) : 82 - 100 > average = 91 dmg
So quite accurate :)

You don't use mods ?

And weapons that benefit the most with Crunch are weapons with the highest base damage values, like Overwatch or any sniper rifles (because crunch bonus is applied on the base damage)
I now have the suspicion, that maybe the reason for bugs is that the weapon was crafted before 1.5, because I already noticed that weapons crafted before 1.5 have a bug, where they can't be equipped, without the crafting perks.

I will try to craft new one, and look for the result.

I now have the suspicion, that maybe the reason for bugs is that the weapon was crafted before 1.5, because I already noticed that weapons crafted before 1.5 have a bug, where they can't be equipped, without the crafting perks.

I will try to craft new one, and look for the result.
Possible, but I can't try/test. I don't have any pre-1.5 save :)

Possible, but I can't try/test. I don't have any pre-1.5 save :)
Yeah, it's my bad, I used the word equipped for “worn”. So what I was talking all the time about is that the base damage of the gun is being decreased when it's equipped and worn.

I have done some testing right now, and I finally found, what causes this issue. When you equip and worn the weapon, getting any perk, which decreases reload time, decreases your base damage (??!!). It happens only if the weapon is being worn. At least I have this issue right now, can you try that on your save? So for pistols it would be the perk “Gunslinger” (right in the middle), for the rifles “Feel the flow” (on the right side).

At least I have this issue right now, can you try that on your save? So for pistols it would be the perk “Gunslinger” (right in the middle), for the rifles “Feel the flow” (on the right side).
So tested too and you're right, the "culprit" is/are the perks which decrease the reload time. It make no sense, because only DPS should be increased, not the other stats. Here DPS are well increased, but dmg are reduced...
When holding the weapon without crunch mod (without holding it, nothing change. Stats stay the same as in my previous screenshots > dmg : 82 - 100)
With the Reflex Perk :
dmg : 63 - 77
24-04-2022_18-44-54-2x5gkfu2.jpeg
With the Reflex perk and the Engineering perk :
dmg : 61 - 74
24-04-2022_18-44-54-ght3zq4l.jpeg

So it need to be reported to the support ;)
(closest category, I think)

So tested too and you're right, the "culprit" is/are the perks which decrease the reload time. It make no sense, because only DPS should be increased, not the other stats. Here DPS are well increased, but dmg are reduced...
When holding the weapon without crunch mod (without holding it, nothing change. Stats stay the same as in my previous screenshots > dmg : 82 - 100)
With the Reflex Perk :
View attachment 11302162
View attachment 11302165

okay, then I will report it.

With the Reflex Perk :
View attachment 11302162
View attachment 11302165

Nice catch!

Top Bottom