Don't let the sun rise in Night City

+
Don't let the sun rise in Night City

I would really like it if the sun never rose at all in cyberpunk 2077. I don't really care about it not being realistic, I care about atmosphere and setting. Cyberpunk is a dark and gritty environment and as a young buck I always pictured Night City at night time, never during the day.

Is there a way for CD RED to expunge daylight in this game?

Before you start posting projectiles at me have a think. Its called Night City. This request dose make sense. I want a Night City at night whenever I play.

Did they film any of Blade Runner during the day? No. They kept to the atmosphere of a Dark future at night, just as Cyberpunk should with this game..

EDIT This thread is about the idea of giving the player some kind of mechanic to control the time of day.

Preeeeeeetty sure we've already had this discussion; can't be arsed to look it up right now.

But yeah, I want day / night cycles. Nighttime in perpituity is too "arcade-y" for me.

Did they film any of Blade Runner during the day? No. They kept to the atmosphere of a Dark future at night, just as Cyberpunk should with this game.
Yes, they did.

Before you start posting projectiles at me have a think. Its called Night City. This request dose make sense. I want a Night City at night whenever I play.
Your right, it is called Night City. But the Bible is called Holy. That doesn't mean it's full of holes.

If, and I hope I am wrong, you are suggesting there should only be night time, then I am against that. That said, I am all for a lack of daylight. The two are not the same.

As I rememebr right, Night City get's its name from the lack of sunlight caused by pollution and smog. This is the way to go in my opinoin. I think there should be a perpeutual twilight, a haze if you will, during the day. Not enough to see clearly by without artifical light, but a noticeable difference from night time. The buildings will also go a long way to blocking out available natural light.

There should also be a lot of rain. There could be a multitude of reasons for artificalially induced rainfall within Night City. I hope it rains about 70% of the time.

Yes, they did.

Your right, it is called Night City. But the Bible is called Holy. That doesn't mean it's full of holes.

If, and I hope I am wrong, you are suggesting there should only be night time, then I am against that. That said, I am all for a lack of daylight. The two are not the same.

As I rememebr right, Night City get's its name from the lack of sunlight caused by pollution and smog. This is the way to go in my opinoin. I think there should be a perpeutual twilight, a haze if you will, during the day. Not enough to see clearly by without artifical light, but a noticeable difference from night time. The buildings will also go a long way to blocking out available natural light.

There should also be a lot of rain. There could be a multitude of reasons for artificalially induced rainfall within Night City. I hope it rains about 70% of the time.
Likes this post.

NB4Wisdom!

Night City is named for it's designer and developer, Richard Night.

It very much has an active and full day cycle.

Also weather that isn't rain. Some days you don't even need a smog mask.

It's even bright, bright sunlight, as befits a city north of LA but south of San Fran.

NB4Wisdom!

Night City is named for it's designer and developer, Richard Night.

It very much has an active and full day cycle.

Also weather that isn't rain. Some days you don't even need a smog mask.

It's even bright, bright sunlight, as befits a city north of LA but south of San Fran.

No, no! You are dead wrong... Or just dead.. How would i know? Mr. Zombie Vampire man...

Night City was named after Steve Night.. The inventor of breathable air ("iAir") and walkable road (iRoad) respectively.

He than created and released iNight, iMorning and iMidDay. His inventions iMorning and iMidDay was not as popular as iNight though... True story...

I can tell by your phrasing of the poll that you think that it should only be night time. Well there is more to atmosphere and setting than lighting. What impact does the night have without the next morning.

That club you went to last night and partied your brains out, it was all flash and eye candy, you had a great time. But when you wake up in the stall of the bathroom with a throbbing head, the taste of filth in your mouth and sweat that reeks of stale alcohol, you stagger out of the club into the over harsh sunlight and notice, as your pupils auto dilate to correct for the sudden change in brightness, that this club is just another shitty run down building in the middle of a trash strewn neighborhood. There are the homeless, sleeping in their own excrement that the dark and neon flash hid last night, over there you can now see that Blue Glass addict performing unspeakable acts to score their next hit. You stumble over to an alley to vomit and find the first corpse of the daily lottery.

This might be why you avoid the day time, there is nothing to disguise the state of the city. Night time is when things are happening, when things look good. But you need to have the day for contrast or you lose the impact of the vibrant, beautiful city at night.

Blade Runner cityscape concept by Syd Mead. Could be the only one painting from preproduction that shows cityscape during the day. However the concept is never used for various reasons. One of them is: not enough money to develop day scenes that will actually work and follow the distopyan concept of the movie.

Yes, they did.

Are you suggesting then that the big glowing orb in the background is a lamp?

And before I forget...

@ cyborgIRONSIDE
Change the poll to include a 3rd option for day and night but no daylight.

Also, have a cookie*

View attachment 1032

*by cookie, I mean a new avatar...

Attachments

• CyborgIRONSIDE.jpg
    CyborgIRONSIDE.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 71
You realize Dragonbird is a) a woman b) a moderator c) armed?

I mean, I enjoy the smell of roasting pork, but you just got here. Surely it's too soon to die a fiery death?

omg, please Dragonbird forgive me. its healthy for us men/boys to look at such things...it prolongs our life, well it makes something get longer..

oh shit /hides in another thread.

Top Bottom