Duping glitch fixed? Painting rebuy price 9k...

+
It seems they just fixed the way to get unlimited money anymore as well the chance to dupe items like iconics for perfect stat roll upgrades... further more the painting which was rebuyable for 25 bucks now costs 9090 bucks more than dbl of its selling price - im a bit sad that I cant go for a fashion shopping spread anymore... anyone found a workaround? or is this possibility just dead with 1.2? kinda hilarious they patched the duping... one of the few things what makes the gameplay at least a bit fun while there are still countless bugs around... starting a new char now isn't fun at all if u cant buy cyberware or weapons u like to... without hell of a korea like farm for some eddies... gg CDPR - you killed the fun even more...

Last edited:
I just noticed same thing., once I sold the picture i have to buy back for like 9K,. i guess t he patch fixed that BUG. on YT there is bunch of other ways., like buy soda drinks for vending machines and sell them. you pay $3 and sell for $10. or disassemble each one get compo.

Guest 4400165

I just noticed same thing., once I sold the picture i have to buy back for like 9K,. i guess t he patch fixed that BUG. on YT there is bunch of other ways., like buy soda drinks for vending machines and sell them. you pay $3 and sell for $10. or disassemble each one get compo.
They fixed the drinks glitch, can't disassemble them now and they cost more from the vending machines.

However, because their prices are higher, you can just, you know, sell them.
Me, without farming or getting that sweet, sweet infested Militech money in the beginning - I was over €$30K at the start of Chapter 1, paid my man Victor finally. I just sold enemy loot and disassembled most of it.
Junk items cost €$3 and more. Keep hoarding shit and selling it.
Money's no problem (I wish I could say that IRL hehe).

Unless there's an update with an expansion to the Judy romance, I'm sticking with v1.12 (I had offline mode and updates disabled on steam, in preparation for patch 1.2).

I was only too aware that all of the fun bugs would be patched out along with the annoying ones. But for me, the amount of useful/ fun bugs outweighed the desire to have the irritating ones fixed, by a great margin too.

An an attempt to be helpful, you could use Save Editor (Project CyberCAT-SimpleGUI) (from NexusMods, if you're on PC) to edit your save and just add in however much E$ you want/ need, to continue clothes shopping to your heart's content :)

Last edited:
Unless there's an update with an expansion to the Judy romance, I'm sticking with v1.12 (I had offline mode and updates disabled on steam, in preparation for patch 1.2).

If I were you I would also back up the folder that holds the Cyberpunk game to another location. Steam may surprise you...

Also, besides Steam not always obeying your wish to never update, there is human error you know. That happen to me once with another game I did not want to update (Hellish Quart) but it snuck in an update anyway when I was updating Cyberpunk!

So now any game I know I absolutely do not want to update I also back up.

I went back to 1.12 myself as I never had any issues (using mods to fix things) that stop me from enjoying the game. I think I may only update again once there is more content. These days updates (for any kind of software) frequently have bugs that will interfere with how I am using them and any present bugs I have already adapted to. So I wait for others to update first rather than disrupt my work flow.

I know that way is soon to die however with software companies starting to automatically change your software becoming part of the user agreement.
Post automatically merged:

Someday when this finally irritates the right couple of senators, there will be right to not update laws like they are starting to do with right to repair laws...

HEY! Stop laughing I can dream! :(

Last edited:

I was only too aware that all of the fun bugs would be patched out along with the annoying ones. But for me, the amount of useful/ fun bugs outweighed the desire to have the irritating ones fixed, by a great margin too.

An an attempt to be helpful, you could use Save Editor (Project CyberCAT-SimpleGUI) (from NexusMods, if you're on PC) to edit your save and just add in however much E$ you want/ need, to continue clothes shopping to your heart's content :)

sadly im on ps4... so no money editing, no 3rd person, no Death & Taxes and no Camo Cyberware for me.... not even talking about all the great cosmetic mods :(

Now my characters are specced for crafting due to it being a good way to make money, now that drinks can't be dismantled and other 'improvements' it's much more pointless to have a crafting build now.

Ps anyone know any way to make money after the patch? Is there anything worth crafting still?

Thanks for any info

save editor stopped working as of 1.2, I'm hoping for a update to that mod soon

Guest 4400165

Now my characters are specced for crafting due to it being a good way to make money, now that drinks can't be dismantled and other 'improvements' it's much more pointless to have a crafting build now.

Ps anyone know any way to make money after the patch? Is there anything worth crafting still?

Thanks for any info
You can dismantle the loot and sell those crafting components. You invested in the crafting, those first perks will come in very handy. Usually uncommon and common (white and green) is what you wanna sell. Don't forget to disassemble grenades that you don't need and sell ammo type that you don't use.

Unless you need money for throwing knives and all the cars, it has to be enough. Surely, not gonna make €$20K in a minute, but we were not supposed to, anyway.
You can also respec, skill points will be still useful for opening doors and whatnot, but could relocate perk points. Tabula Rasa worth only €$25K now.

You can dismantle the loot and sell those crafting components. You invested in the crafting, those first perks will come in very handy. Usually uncommon and common (white and green) is what you wanna sell. Don't forget to disassemble grenades that you don't need and sell ammo type that you don't use.

Unless you need money for throwing knives and all the cars, it has to be enough. Surely, not gonna make €$20K in a minute, but we were not supposed to, anyway.
You can also respec, skill points will be still useful for opening doors and whatnot, but could relocate perk points. Tabula Rasa worth only €$25K now.
OK cheers for the reply.
That's excellent news about the tabula e rasa price, it kinda makes up for the ability points being permanent, although it would be good to be able to do something further with attributes late game if cdpr change their minds at some point down the road.
But glad to see the price dropped for the perks reset.

Regarding the crafting money making etc I was guilty of hoping for a new 'workaround' to replace the drinks / grenade dismantle exploit - like others have mentioned, I enjoyed the ability to buy the posh clothing and gear, and give myself an advantage when I play harder difficulty early in the game.
But you're totally right, we aren't really supposed to do that. My hope was that someone somewhere has already figured out a new exploit, cos let's face it - they were already trying to find one 20 seconds after the patch was released. ;)

Guest 4400165

OK cheers for the reply.
That's excellent news about the tabula e rasa price, it kinda makes up for the ability points being permanent, although it would be good to be able to do something further with attributes late game if cdpr change their minds at some point down the road.
But glad to see the price dropped for the perks reset.

Regarding the crafting money making etc I was guilty of hoping for a new 'workaround' to replace the drinks / grenade dismantle exploit - like others have mentioned, I enjoyed the ability to buy the posh clothing and gear, and give myself an advantage when I play harder difficulty early in the game.
But you're totally right, we aren't really supposed to do that. My hope was that someone somewhere has already figured out a new exploit, cos let's face it - they were already trying to find one 20 seconds after the patch was released. ;)
100K for respec was kinda a lot.

I used the Painting glitch to get enough money for owning all cars achievement, because fuck me if I ever had to grind over 2 mil eddies. It feels good to have money, but you shouldn't be short.
I just started a new playthrough and was already at 30K right at the start of Chapter 1, having cleared like 4 "bandit camps" and selling all items worth over €$35, if less, better to disassemble it, you get more components worth (~ €$40). And selling all beverages, those are worth more now.

At least they decided not to put a taxman this time :)

At least they decided not to put a taxman this time :)
Hehe, I heard about that.

*whistles nonchalantly whilst placing all copies of the painting under mattress

Yup, it's the straight and narrow from here on! No more 'art dealer' shenanigans for this merc. :D

Top Bottom