Useless Rewards with 2.0

+
I jumped back into the game again, inspired by the knowledge that aerial takedowns were still in the game.
Have had a bit of fun, cleared a cyberpsycho, a car delivery, some shopping for new clothing and a few NCPD jobs, even netted a few skill and cyberware capacity shards along the way. Was kinda digging it.

Then I hit the NCPD Reported Crime: Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud.
You take out a couple of wraiths who have themselves taken out some idiot who'd boosted a Biotechnica container delivery.
Cool, you deal with them, grab the eddies, then go find the Biotechnica container.
It was worth at least 3 known deaths, must be some valuable stuff in there.

A tier 3 Health Booster. 560 eddies value.
A health booster, in a container, which people have died over.
I suppose we can headcannon that the immensely valuable cargo was gone before the Wraiths got there.
(google tells me that prior to 2.0 the reward might at least have been a rare tier cyberware, Microvibration Generator)

When people ask "what do you mean you feel 'flat' about the game?", it's things like this.
It just instantaneously sucks the life out of the game and replaces it with "um, what's the point" feelings.
Makes me irritable, a good game shooting itself in the foot like this.

Rewards are leveled too, so depending of at which level you complete them, rewards/money can now go from "low tier" to "hight tier". Beside, you also get a fair amount of money by completing them (xp and street cred too), which also depend of your level.
In my last playthrough, I completed them all after reaching level 50, and almost all the loot was T5/T5+ (weapons/clothes/cyberwares) with a good chunk of money :)

There are a few instances where activity rewards need attention, because loot has just been removed, not replaced. This is also apparent in some secret areas. I've passed really high skill checks often to be rewarded with a case with nothing in it but junk.

Just wait until you come across an Arasaka event with a 15 Tech garage door in City Center, only to find a mere 5€$ pendant in the cache as a reward :LOL:

Unfortunately 2.0 gutted exploration's rewards to such a point that I honestly don't feel inspired to explore the city inch by inch as I was in 1.6, when the majority of loot now is just useless junk or useless consumables. The only thing that keeps me going are clothing pieces. Really sucks what 2.0 did to loot overall.

Rewards are leveled too, so depending of at which level you complete them, rewards/money can now go from "low tier" to "hight tier". Beside, you also get a fair amount of money by completing them (xp and street cred too), which also depend of your level.
In my last playthrough, I completed them all after reaching level 50, and almost all the loot was T5/T5+ (weapons/clothes/cyberwares) with a good chunk of money :)

Yeah, I was level 48. I wonder what the reward would have been if I'd been level 10 lol

Just wait until you come across an Arasaka event with a 15 Tech garage door in City Center, only to find a mere 5€$ pendant in the cache as a reward :LOL:

Unfortunately 2.0 gutted exploration's rewards to such a point that I honestly don't feel inspired to explore the city inch by inch as I was in 1.6, when the majority of loot now is just useless junk or useless consumables. The only thing that keeps me going are clothing pieces. Really sucks what 2.0 did to loot overall.

Yep. It's not every single loot or encounter, which is why I really enjoy playing for a while and then get cranky and stop again :)

Yep. It's not every single loot or encounter, which is why I really enjoy playing for a while and then get cranky and stop again :)
Me too, and it's always something about the loot or having to sit at the ripperdoc screen for a while. The worst thing is hitting 60 and realizing it was all meaningless. I feel like I need to just undo all my perks and play without them just to feel something. I don't feel like I want to start over and do it again either.

Cranky is a good word for it.

I jumped back into the game again, inspired by the knowledge that aerial takedowns were still in the game.
Have had a bit of fun, cleared a cyberpsycho, a car delivery, some shopping for new clothing and a few NCPD jobs, even netted a few skill and cyberware capacity shards along the way. Was kinda digging it.

Then I hit the NCPD Reported Crime: Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud.
You take out a couple of wraiths who have themselves taken out some idiot who'd boosted a Biotechnica container delivery.
Cool, you deal with them, grab the eddies, then go find the Biotechnica container.
It was worth at least 3 known deaths, must be some valuable stuff in there.

A tier 3 Health Booster. 560 eddies value.
A health booster, in a container, which people have died over.
I suppose we can headcannon that the immensely valuable cargo was gone before the Wraiths got there.
(google tells me that prior to 2.0 the reward might at least have been a rare tier cyberware, Microvibration Generator)

When people ask "what do you mean you feel 'flat' about the game?", it's things like this.
It just instantaneously sucks the life out of the game and replaces it with "um, what's the point" feelings.
Makes me irritable, a good game shooting itself in the foot like this.
level based rewards

Top Bottom