How do you actually do damage in this game?

+
Seriously, how do you?

I am trying to get past the part in phantom liberty where you call the lift and get ambushed and I cant do enough damage to do anything to anyone.

You just get over run and die. I have a pistol build and I am doing hardly any damage. I use Sandevistan build, I have maxed out the cool tree because yeah that makes sense for pistols, when it was originally a dex build which made more sense.

It feels like everything is geared towards melee combat now.

Even sniper rifles with all the headshot bonus's under the sun do the squareroot of F all damage.

I just can't get past this bit, I the Taxes pistol, with this build and it does almost no damage at all.

It's a joke. a proper joke.

Level 60, enemies have 1000's of points of damage, and I am hitting for 50 points of damage with Tier 5++, seriously, what the actual F.

And why F can't you add mods to unique weapons anymore? I can't add a single mod to any of my weapons anymore?

Last edited:
Not sure about other handguns (and base game handguns), but I finished Phantom Liberty with Bald Eagle (kurt handgun), with cool/reflex/sandevistan and it work pretty great for open combat, thanks to explosive rounds (to change a bit to my usual katana).

I am using Death and Taxes and the Comrad, which has an AOE, but you just do so little damage with it.

And I don't have a melee build or melee weapons...

I literally am stuck at this spot and threre is nothing I can do.

I am using Death and Taxes and the Comrad, which has an AOE, but you just do so little damage with it.
I used a bit Death and Taxes during the main game, but quickly replaced it by Seraph (Padre reward) which offer the best damages of main game handguns. Never used Comrade in 2.0, so I don't know.
Maybe not as effective as with my katana, but with Bald Eagle (maybe Taigan, which also fire explosive rounds) it wasn't that bad. I finished everything after Firestarter with this gun only :)

Edit : What Sandvistan you use?
I assume the Militech Apogee which is by far the best, because it offer great crit chances, refill time when defeating an enemy and cherry on top, you can activate/deactivate it on demand (so take better advantage of Focus & Deadeye perks).
And in addition, if you also activate the relic perk "Vulnerability Analytics", you can deal huge damages with a single bullet, and to several enemies at once if they are close enough with the EMP blast.

Last edited:
I used a bit Death and Taxes during the main game, but quickly replaced it by Seraph (Padre reward) which offer the best damages of main game handguns. Never used Comrade in 2.0, so I don't know.
Maybe not as effective as with my katana, but with Bald Eagle (maybe Taigan, which also fire explosive rounds) it wasn't that bad. I finished everything after Firestarter with this gun only :)

Edit : What Sandvistan you use?
I assume the Militech Apogee which is by far the best, because it offer great crit chances, refill time when defeating an enemy and cherry on top, you can activate/deactivate it on demand (so take better advantage of Focus & Deadeye perks).
And in addition, if you also activate the relic perk "Vulnerability Analytics", you can deal huge damages with a single bullet, and to several enemies at once if they are close enough with the EMP blast.
Yup, using Apogee and getting head shots and hit like a wet flannel.

2x Headshots and 6 body shots with a sniper to take one enemy down.

They have ruined this game.

But hey at least it's full of garbage boss girls and ticked boxes to meet their ESG garbage or whatever it is.

Can't balance a game correctly, but can have a president who can beat her rescuer to the ground [...] ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't balance a game correctly, but can have a president who can beat her rescuer to the ground [...] ...
Oh jeez, I hate this stuff and they do it a few times in PL. It's like D&D or something, but they never learned the first rule of GM'ing, never take away player agency.

GM: You move through the door and are surprised by a goon, he grabs you and lifts you up by the throat..
Player: I stick my thumbs in his eyes!
GM: .. and tells you how he's finally caught you, that you'll regret..
Player: Uhh, GM I'm attacking him..?
GM: .. coming here. He throws you into a nearby ripperdoc chair and straps you in..
Player: Um. Okay, can I try and wriggle free..?
GM: .. as an evil looking interrogator comes in through the other door. What do you do?
Player: I uhh.. I'm going home, this sucks.

But in regards to weapon damage. Yeah, it's bad, unless you picked a melee build. I had pistols too, but in all regards it was quicker and easier just to dive into melee with a katana and kill everything in seconds. They've really messed up range weapons now.

idk man, i play a hybrid precise/explo/katana build, using Panam's sniper and Laika revolver with Errata katana and projectile launcher, and I have no problems whatsoever at very hard. at lvl 53 i do about 1500 damage headshots with the sniper and even bigger aoe blasts with the revolver if i have my pyromaniac buffs stacked.

enemies still can do great amount of damage but so do i and having so much mobility - reflex mid tree - is giving me the upper hand.

Its fun, very hard is actually challenging right now compared to pre 2.0 but you're still the late game killing machine like you're supposed to be.

And I don't have a melee build or melee weapons...

I literally am stuck at this spot and threre is nothing I can do.
Those guns suck. Comrade's Hammer got nerfed hard in 2.0. Jackie's pistols are really good and the Seraph is excellent. Pride is the best that I found. You need a silencer and sneak up on people and you'll blow their heads clean off in one shot. There are quite a few sniper rifles that are very good and will one-shot enemies but you have to hit them in the head. If you're just shooting people in the chest, then, yeah, you're going to do crap damage. You have to do head shots to get critical damage. With a Sandevistan, that's easy to do.

Those guns suck. Comrade's Hammer got nerfed hard in 2.0. Jackie's pistols are really good and the Seraph is excellent. Pride is the best that I found. You need a silencer and sneak up on people and you'll blow their heads clean off in one shot. There are quite a few sniper rifles that are very good and will one-shot enemies but you have to hit them in the head. If you're just shooting people in the chest, then, yeah, you're going to do crap damage. You have to do head shots to get critical damage. With a Sandevistan, that's easy to do.
Yeah Nue is a good pistol to slap a silencer onto now. Even a fully modded overture revolver isn't too bad for all our combat now. As far as iconics go many of them aren't as powerful now. Revolvers are pretty good shotguns are still very powerful as well. One of the hands cyberware is great for revolvers. The one where you release a shock after reloading an empty weapon. Since a lot of revolvers can have short clips it's easy to fire it all out and have the cyberware go off and do a AOE shock. Really neat play style good for double barrel shotgun as well since the clips are very short or literally one shot.

Ranged weapons compared to what they were pre-2.0, most ranged weapons are hitting weaker.
All weapons lost elemental bonus dmg.
Rolvers lost 50% headshot multiplier, 50% base dmg, lost their silencer slot. (All due to outdoing snipers in the same role)
Tech weapons lost 100% bonus charged dmg, replaced with a gimic charged bolt.
Shotguns lost 50% effective range in favor of switching between shooting and rifle butting.
Pistols and rifles lost 25% base dmg. Pistols gained 15% headshot multiplier.
Snipers gained 100% headshot dmg multiplier.

Going loud and using melee is how post-2.0 is balanced. All relic perks are for going loud, none for stealth.

But using a silenced Nue or Masamune does ok.

You're telling me.

It's like throwing bad farts at people, it's irritating more than deadly.

Hits the nostrils hard though.

As for the sniper rifles, hitting anywhere should feel like you are hitting with a tank round, 50 cal bullet isn't go tickle your nipple if it hits it.

Every weapon should be viable, and comes with pro's and cons.

I love the idea of the skill tree's but I think they missed the mark, and taking shots requires stamina? Really? Who spent the evening snorting drugs to come up with that one.
Post automatically merged:

Ranged weapons compared to what they were pre-2.0, most ranged weapons are hitting weaker.
All weapons lost elemental bonus dmg.
Rolvers lost 50% headshot multiplier, 50% base dmg, lost their silencer slot. (All due to outdoing snipers in the same role)
Tech weapons lost 100% bonus charged dmg, replaced with a gimic charged bolt.
Shotguns lost 50% effective range in favor of switching between shooting and rifle butting.
Pistols and rifles lost 25% base dmg. Pistols gained 15% headshot multiplier.
Snipers gained 100% headshot dmg multiplier.

Going loud and using melee is how post-2.0 is balanced. All relic perks are for going loud, none for stealth.

But using a silenced Nue or Masamune does ok.
I actually think that is a good thing, twas a bit silly in my opinion just felt like magic swords from DnD.

On my previous run I had Overture and then moved on to Archangel. One taped or 2 tapped most of the trash mobs and when fighting bosses shooting vulnerabilities did the trick. Sandy was just icing on the cake for me. Dunno what you're doing wrong. Played on Very hard btw.

On my second playthrough that I am currently I went with netrunning and dropping everyone like flies it's not even funny. Although I have no survivability but I'm still working on the complete build

EDIT here's the build if you're interested
1698646637343.png
1698646646082.png
1698646657503.png
1698646663591.png
1698646669588.png
1698646681217.png
1698647084103.png

Last edited:
When I did that part I was level 30 or so and had to hide and shot from cover and watch out behind me. I must have used every cooldown of my health injectors.

I used 0-Five on the snipers.

I am running full netrunner with burnout. I pop my overload and go to town burning targets out.
Post automatically merged:

I am running full netrunner with burnout. I pop my overload and go to town burning targets out.

Dunno about pistols but i have done pure netrunner (killing with Synapse loop), smart-smg netrunner (killing mostly with Warden) and monowire netrunner (using 90% melee against debuffed enemies) and from lvl 30 on they all feel super overpowered (very hard). The synapse loop feels the most busted

Like stated earlier, Nue is good pistol, good damage and firerate.

I can't really comment much about Cool build. At the time I was doing president rescue I had focused on Body and Int and a bit for Tech and Cool.

With high Body and proper weapons, shotguns and LMG it wasn't that difficult at all. With LMG's it's good to keep in mind that their main feature is stagger and close quarters is controlled with a shotgun.

For that battle, alternate build, I would try using Smart Weapons in role of LMG. SMG's particularly, keep moving from cover to cover withering hostiles health away and then finish them of closer with Nue or Overture.

Electric grenades might help too due stagger.

Top Bottom