Eating and drinking throughout the city is already in development

+
Adds a number of bar drinking spots to the game where V can grab a drink, maybe even share one... v0.2.x is limited to Watson locations. Also adds some vista/locations from Edgerunners where V can sit/relax. Future updates will add more districts, more actions (eating), and *maybe* more characters.

Deceptious, you are wonderful, you know?

This Modders is adding one of the fundamental features that some of us asked for in Night City. Now it feels more real. You can also have a drink with Judy, Kerry, Panam or River and talk to them.

A great advance for this drinking mod would be to get the bartender to fill your glass when you ask for a drink and for the glass to empty with each sip, having to ask the waiter for another drink to drink again.

What you have achieved is truly impressive.

The possibility of actually eating the 2 or 3 types of food that are already in the base game is also being developed.

Last edited:
I've been using this mod this playthrough, love it. Would also be cool being able to have a cigarette. I know I have smokes, they're in a nice fancy case too.

This would be great addition. Ive been meaning to make a side-by-side comparison video between cp2077 and all the other singleplayer epic openworld games when it comes to drinking... I cant even remember how many different types of animations there is for it in for example GTA5... completely officially.

CP2077 is the epitome of immersion... clicking stuff in inventory.

I mean it's great but I wouldn't say "we all" have been asking for it, especially since this doesn't benefit console players.

On the list of things the devs need to work on this would be at the bottom of my list. It's good that mods are taking the time to do this for those interested but I doubt I'll ever see a need to use it.

I mean it's great but I wouldn't say "we all" have been asking for it

This.

I genuinely don't care about this. I don't care if people get it through mods. Not at all. If people can make their game into a life simulator through mods, it's their business. If CDPR is to devote resources to improving the game, I sure hope this kind of stuff is very far down the list.

This.

I genuinely don't care about this. I don't care if people get it through mods. Not at all. If people can make their game into a life simulator through mods, it's their business. If CDPR is to devote resources to improving the game, I sure hope this kind of stuff is very far down the list.

Let me tell you how much I care about being able to pretend to eat and drink in a game...

Less than zero. To the point where I legitimately hope they do not add it and will be annoyed if they do - because they could have spent their time on literally anything else.

This Modders is adding one of the fundamental features that we have all asked for in Night City. Now it feels more real. You can also have a drink with Judy, Kerry, Panam or River and talk to them.
Great job from modders, no doubt, but like others, I'll moderate your enthusiasm too :)
Don't count me in your "we have all asked for". To be honest, I don't care at all about take a drink or eat on Night City. If you ask me, if CDPR have to choose where investing time and ressources, it would be way better to add more content (probably that's what we all ask for^^) or still improving the current features/game mechanics (like I don't know, police system or melee fight).

In order not to bother anyone I have edited the message, sorry, all the improvements that modders make and that add features to the game are welcome, although it is true that I am not a spokesperson for anyone, so I edit and speak for myself. For me it was always a missing feature. A city with so much to do but where you can't do anything, not even just drink a beer always made me angry.

You can imagine others that you would like to see and now we have the necessary tools to develop it.

I agree, CDPR should not dwell on these details, because it will also serve to discover new talent for the studio.

CDPR is known to be upgrading the police system and the ability to shoot from the vehicle, among other features.

The Modders will certainly help add many other interesting features, it all adds up, CDPR wastes no time and we all win because Cyberpunk 2077 wins.
Post automatically merged:

I'd love to hear your opinion on what features CDPR should work with. I'm not talking about content, I'm talking about features that you would like to have in the game.

One feature that I would like CDPR to work on would be deep improvement of the AI of enemies, police, memory of our actions in the city and improvement of the traffic AI to also allow car racing in the city. If I think about content, new quests, random quests and the big expansion.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear your opinion on what features CDPR should work with. I'm not talking about content, I'm talking about features that you would like to have in the game.

Well I would prioritize story content and new explorable places over everything. That is what makes CDPR games great.

In terms of what features I would value:

1. Continued tweaking of combat systems and additions to them - such as vehicle combat, new weapon types, etc.
2. Overhaul to the police system.
3. Continued improvement/balance to skill systems and the addition of new skill trees.
4. Overhaul and continued polishing of the hacking system.
5. Addition of new enemy types and enemy abilities - such as adding more abilities to cyber psychos and giving enemies the ability to do more hacking.
6. Mini-games. GWENT was one of the things that made The Witcher 3 great and I think stuff like that adds a lot more to the world than eating and drinking would. Roach Race obviously isn't anything special, but I think little things like that are much "cooler" than stuff like eating and drinking.
7. Third person cinematic experience.
8. Continued polish and balancing of equipment.
9. More cyberware with additional abilities, stats and functionality.
10. Continued polishing of the difficulty modes - with something like a 'survival' difficulty maybe being added to the game.
11. Improved driving experience.
12. Polishing and improvements of mini-map and larger map systems.
13. Adding additional dialogue options, especially ones that could give life paths more flavor during a play through - even if they don't enable "choice" to be made.

Those are just some of the things I can think of off of the top of my head that I would like way more than eating and drinking.

I agree to all your requests. CDPR agrees not to have spent time eating and drinking, so you can rest easy with that. Something that I would add to your list is the experience that we live within the Ripperdocs clinics, I would love to have a cinematic when I get a cyberware implant, we only experienced it once with Viktor.

Well I would prioritize story content and new explorable places over everything. That is what makes CDPR games great.

In terms of what features I would value:

1. Continued tweaking of combat systems and additions to them - such as vehicle combat, new weapon types, etc.
2. Overhaul to the police system.
3. Continued improvement/balance to skill systems and the addition of new skill trees.
4. Overhaul and continued polishing of the hacking system.

5. Addition of new enemy types and enemy abilities - such as adding more abilities to cyber psychos and giving enemies the ability to do more hacking.
6. Mini-games. GWENT was one of the things that made The Witcher 3 great and I think stuff like that adds a lot more to the world than eating and drinking would. Roach Race obviously isn't anything special, but I think little things like that are much "cooler" than stuff like eating and drinking.
7. Third person cinematic experience.
8. Continued polish and balancing of equipment.
9. More cyberware with additional abilities, stats and functionality.
10. Continued polishing of the difficulty modes - with something like a 'survival' difficulty maybe being added to the game.
11. Improved driving experience.
12. Polishing and improvements of mini-map and larger map systems.
13. Adding additional dialogue options, especially ones that could give life paths more flavor during a play through - even if they don't enable "choice" to be made.

Those are just some of the things I can think of off of the top of my head that I would like way more than eating and drinking.
I agree with the things I didn't cross out. For the rest, I would rather have more RP elements added than changes to combat. Unless they plan on adding some type of dynamic content, I don't care for new ways to beat the same old content I've already 100% several times. To each its own though.

In order not to bother anyone I have edited the message, sorry, all the improvements that modders make and that add features to the game are welcome, although it is true that I am not a spokesperson for anyone, so I edit and speak for myself. For me it was always a missing feature. A city with so much to do but where you can't do anything, not even just drink a beer always made me angry.

You can imagine others that you would like to see and now we have the necessary tools to develop it.

I agree, CDPR should not dwell on these details, because it will also serve to discover new talent for the studio.

CDPR is known to be upgrading the police system and the ability to shoot from the vehicle, among other features.

The Modders will certainly help add many other interesting features, it all adds up, CDPR wastes no time and we all win because Cyberpunk 2077 wins.
Post automatically merged:

One feature that I would like CDPR to work on would be deep improvement of the AI of enemies, police, memory of our actions in the city and improvement of the traffic AI to also allow car racing in the city. If I think about content, new quests, random quests and the big expansion.
For me the most important thing is improving the enemy A.I.

Also I don't mean to say I disagree with quality of life features, I just don't think we need to go to the Sims level extreme.

For example, I do think being able to sit at locations that have a bench or chair should be possible if ppl want to enjoy the night city scenery or for photos etc. But in a world where you can swap out body parts I don't really see a need to stop and eat at a restaurant.

Last edited:
I lived so intensely every mission that for me the possibility of escaping for a few hours sitting down to drink and enjoy a doll show seems very interesting to me to feel the heartbeat of the city at night. I do not think of the characteristics of eating and drinking as a necessity but as another way to connect with the daily life of the city. Being able to smoke, eat or drink is a feature that gives me more immersion within this city full of violence, sex and cyberpsychopaths. It allows me to escape, disconnect and observe the excellent design of the nightclubs, the dancers and the different environments that we have in Night City.

I lived so intensely every mission that for me the possibility of escaping for a few hours sitting down to drink and enjoy a doll show seems very interesting to me to feel the heartbeat of the city at night. I do not think of the characteristics of eating and drinking as a necessity but as another way to connect with the daily life of the city. Being able to smoke, eat or drink is a feature that gives me more immersion within this city full of violence, sex and cyberpsychopaths. It allows me to escape, disconnect and observe the excellent design of the nightclubs, the dancers and the different environments that we have in Night City.

Oh yeah - that is another feature I think is weird to be missing. Not necessarily doll shows and stuff like that - though it does seem like the city ought to have more "Joy Toys" and stuff like that.

But the lack of brain dances in the game seems rather odd. It seems like a feature that should have been in the game from the get go. Not all of them should have been related to the main story or even had a real purpose or meaning. Violent ones, funny ones, sexual ones, etc. It seems like they would be a big part of Night City. I'm hoping that "Project Orion" focuses on them a lot more. Even if they aren't super interactive and you just watch them without being able to interact - that would be pretty cool and I think open up a lot of interesting and amusing things.

I think Cyberpsychos and braindances were both big missed opportunities/not fleshed out enough in 2077.

God yes!!! There are still 3 very notable absences for me in Cyberpunk 2077:

1. Not having braindance to connect to in the apartment. To be able to buy them and enjoy them. I do not rule out that modders can develop them one day. Also being able to buy braindances now and not being able to use them is an unnecessary frustration.

2. Not having a deeper experience inside the ripperdocs clinics when I implant new cyberware. It is very sad to walk into a clinic and buy cyberware like buying a drink, the Ripperdoc is reduced to nothing. The Ripperdocs are very important in Night city, but they have been forgotten.

3. That the city traffic does not have its own AI. Now that they are not held back by the old machines, the current system could be given an overhaul to allow more intelligent traffic to be seen.

What do we know for sure CDPR is working on for the next patch?

We know that they are working to improve the police system so that our bad actions have more impact on the city and are not erased when we turn a corner. It's certainly important because now the police are practically brainless npc. Also giving memory to the bands would be a great advance.

Shooting from the car is also in development and we will see it soon, it seems.

Hopefully they take some steps in braindance, ripperdoc and car traffic.

There are other features that can be improved, but at least they are already in the game, they can be reviewed, such as the AI of the enemies and that the difficulty is adaptive or higher than what we have now.

Although drinking/eating animations are not one of my priorities in my wishlisht, I'm downloading the mod, looks very nice and interesting,

Thank you very much.

While I'm sure not all of us have been waiting for eating and drinking, I'd also question the assumption that everyone was waiting for the police fixes they're putting so much work in - I mean, how many players are actively going out of their way to fight the NCPD and actually enjoy it? To me this was always by accident, I become annoyed when the NCPD shows up and I get out of there quick.

Same for the vehicle combat, it looks like a fun addition, but I'm not sure if many will actually enjoy it, it's hard enough not to crash your car without aiming and shooting baddies. Don't get me wrong, I like options, but I certainly didn't wait for these changes at all and would much rather see more stuff to explore and immersive additions - like this mod, not for being able to eat and drink everywhere, but for the small immersive kick I get out of hanging out with some pals that otherwise just become furniture in the base game. I'd trade more active stuff to do with my friends and romance partner for those police changes anytime, and the most fun I get out of Night City is discovering new locations and short story snipplets - if it was me, I'd not waste more time on the NCPD, but just like the author of the thread, I can't speak for everyone else.

While I'm sure not all of us have been waiting for eating and drinking, I'd also question the assumption that everyone was waiting for the police fixes they're putting so much work in - I mean, how many players are actively going out of their way to fight the NCPD and actually enjoy it? To me this was always by accident, I become annoyed when the NCPD shows up and I get out of there quick.

Same for the vehicle combat, it looks like a fun addition, but I'm not sure if many will actually enjoy it, it's hard enough not to crash your car without aiming and shooting baddies. Don't get me wrong, I like options, but I certainly didn't wait for these changes at all and would much rather see more stuff to explore and immersive additions - like this mod, not for being able to eat and drink everywhere, but for the small immersive kick I get out of hanging out with some pals that otherwise just become furniture in the base game. I'd trade more active stuff to do with my friends and romance partner for those police changes anytime, and the most fun I get out of Night City is discovering new locations and short story snipplets - if it was me, I'd not waste more time on the NCPD, but just like the author of the thread, I can't speak for everyone else.
Except those are essential mechanics of the game. You will encounter police whether you want to or not and you will have to drive. Eating on the other hand is not important so yes, one of these warrants more attention than the other.
And for the most part the ppl I see asking for this are those wanting a sims like game so they can go on virtual dates which isn't what the game is about.

Except those are essential mechanics of the game. You will encounter police whether you want to or not and you will have to drive. Eating on the other hand is not important so yes, one of these warrants more attention than the other.
And for the most part the ppl I see asking for this are those wanting a sims like game so they can go on virtual dates which isn't what the game is about.
You can already drive, this is a new system that adds combat to driving - so nothing essential. Same for the NCPD, you encounter them yes, but mostly by accident and they already shoot at you and follow you and you usually get pissed and run away - what do players want instead? 4hr-shootouts against the NCPD? A NCPD shooting gallery you can actually win? I don't get what this adds to my game, my goal is still killing thugs. When you say "these are already main mechanics", I could say the same about exploring and having dialogues with NPCs - also basic mechanics of the game (that calls itself RPG) that are already in and could/should expanded, and we'd be both right, just have different priorities.
And if you say players who like immersion are looking for a Sims game and should maybe play that, players that demand endless shootouts with NCPD might as well go play a Battle Royale or Doom... Nobody who enjoys this game is playing "the wrong game". CP is a story-driven, atmospheric highly immersive game - it's strenghts are neither combat nor life Sim, but the setting and writing. Some people like more immersion, some people more combat mechanics, but neither will CP turn into the Sims 4 nor into Doom.

Last edited:
You can already drive, this is a new system that adds combat to driving - so nothing essential. Same for the NCPD, you encounter them yes, but mostly by accident and they already shoot at you and follow you and you usually get pissed and run away - what do players want instead? 4hr-shootouts against the NCPD? A NCPD shooting gallery you can actually win? I don't get what this adds to my game, my goal is still killing thugs. When you say "these are already main mechanics", I could say the same about exploring and having dialogues with NPCs - also basic mechanics of the game (that calls itself RPG) that are already in and could/should expanded, and we'd be both right, just have different priorities.
And if you say players who like immersion are looking for a Sims game and should maybe play that, players that demand endless shootouts with NCPD might as well go play a Battle Royale or Doom... Nobody who enjoys this game is playing "the wrong game". CP is a story-driven, atmospheric highly immersive game - it's strenghts are neither combat nor life Sim, but the setting and writing. Some people like more immersion, some people more combat mechanics, but neither will CP turn into the Sims 4 nor into Doom.
I think that in the end it simply comes down to different opinions of players who are enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. There are players who like combat more, others who enjoy discovering places more, others who just want to reach the end and move on to another game. .

For example, I agree with everything you say about more stories, more content, more places to discover. But I also agree to add improvements to the police, because it is a fundamental pillar within the city and its development has been very small. I do want to feel that in Night City there is a relentless, intelligent and memory police, because that gives me a greater sense of being in a real environment, in a real city where NCPD and MADTAX have me on record and will go for me as soon as I get up. a butchery. Right now the police don't have much difference with a traffic light in the city.

The same thing happens to me in the ripperdocs clinics, we must give more importance to the installation of cyberware, it is a fundamental part of Cyberpunk 2077 and we hardly feel its importance because the clinics are not developed.

The interaction mod already has 42,000 downloads and is one of the highlights of the month. I don't want a Sim, I hate those games, I don't have time to feed a character so that it doesn't die, but if those actions allow me to interact with a very well designed environment that until now is made of cardboard, there is no denying that adds quality to Night City. Finishing a raid mission and going to Afterlife for drinks with Panam makes me feel like I'm in a more alive city that allows V to relax and enjoy the environment outside of missions.

Imagine when doors open, buildings fill with content, little stories are added. We're just seeing the start of everything modders are going to do within Night City. CDPR sees modders as great allies and has already made the tools to modify Cyberpunk 2077 available to them.

I understand that each player has preferences when playing Cyberpunk 2077, but if everything adds up, why are we going to give this up? The more we support and advertise the work of modders and CDPR, the more interest and initiative we will see good news.

There is a small team at CDPR that continues to improve Cyberpunk 2077 and will continue for at least a few months after the release of the big Phantom Liberty expansion. We can be sure that there are still more improvements coming to the game, in addition to the police improvement or the combat from vehicles. At least 1 year left of development and improvements that CDPR will do on Cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom