Emhyr should be able to play a bronze Agent as well

+
Remove Aristocrat for Agent. Oh, wait you're being sarcastic, right. Yes, then add Agent as well, make Yenvo 7 prov with Tactic-tag and revert Vilge change! Marines to 4 prov too!

Yes, that's right, let's boost EMHYR, let's give him the ability to play 2 bronze Soldiers/Aristocrats/Agents and then draw the same amount of cards.
Nilfgaard is so poor, this faction needs definitely help.
And the game is very balanced, so we can have a broken card here and there, it would not change the overall gaming experience.

Yes, that's right, let's boost EMHYR, let's give him the ability to play 2 bronze Soldiers/Aristocrats/Agents and then draw the same amount of cards.
Nilfgaard is so poor, this faction needs definitely help.
And the game is very balanced, so we can have a broken card here and there, it would not change the overall gaming experience.
Please stop the knee-jerk reactions and actually discuss the merits of the proposal. Emhyr drawing agents would provide numerous assimilate procs and increase consistency of an already dangerous archetype. On the other hand, it does far better fit the card than either soldiers or aristocrats. I could support dropping the other two tags to draw only agents as this would prevent certain abuses of the card in exchange.

Last edited:
Incredibly useless and unfunny post ^^
Yes! Well maybe incredibly is it bit much though.. but thanks, i'll take it!

I could support dropping the other two tags to draw only agents as this would prevent certain abuses of the card in exchange.
It isn't what the OP suggested but it feels more agreeable.

And maybe fine, just add Agent.

Also:
-remove non-neutral and the 10 prov cap from Caranthir,
-replace the 'one additional copy' from Alissa Henson with 'all copies',
-Ethereal back to its old form, Radovid as well
-Yrden: remove Adrenaline
-Renew: remove provision cap
-revert Drakenborg
-bring back previous Sihil
-previous Spring Equinox
-Reavers back to 5 prov as well as Endrega Larva

Edit: not sure about Drakenborg

It isn't what the OP suggested but it feels more agreeable.
You need to relax. I never suggested he should play two cards. I said that the Agent tag should be added as an option of a bronze card he can play (as he fits agents more than soldiers and aristocrats). Emhyr is meant to to synergize with agents and disloyal units as he can seize spying enemies, gives spying to all units the opponent plays, and yet his deploy doesn’t let him play agents, but rather bronze cards from two different archetypes which doesn’t make sense. He could play a bronze agent and aristocrat and drop the soldier option if people feel he’s unbalanced, although I don’t feel that way. It’s just weird how his order ability and deploy ability clash so hard. I mean I could picture him playing an emissary/informant/infiltrator and then seizing it with his order ability. But otherwise it’s just odd the way his ability doesn’t synergize with itself. Spying is already a dead archetype. Perhaps if he could work with the archetype he was meant for spying would see play.

Spying is a "dead" archetype because there is no need for a spying archetype when there is a "status" archetype that includes spying, poison, bleeding and whatever the hell else and works with every single engine in the freaking faction. You want spying archetype? Then start by removing "spying" as a status trigger from dames and arbalests and go from there. Or if you want things to "fit", make spying trigger arbalests, poison trigger aristocrats and bleeding trigger the dames. Then you can rework Emhyr to fit into these multiple separate archetypes, instead of fitting and triggering every damn card on the board, by giving it an option to also draw spies. Also, maybe give it a nice convoluted condition to the effect of "If there is a spy on the board, play a spy; if there is a bleeding unit on the board, play a vampire, etc."

Or better yet, flush him and the whole faction down the toilet.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Spying is a "dead" archetype because there is no need for a spying archetype when there is a "status" archetype that includes spying, poison, bleeding and whatever the hell else and works with every single engine in the freaking faction. You want spying archetype? Then start by removing "spying" as a status trigger from dames and arbalests and go from there.
It was probably not your intention, but you make a compelling argument for the original suggestion.

I ask myself why anyone would ever take Emhyr? His power to play a card is certainly not sufficient — as a value added thinning card, he is both more costly and far less flexible than either Dandelion: Poet or Roach. He has to derive his value from his other powers (administering spying tags and seizing 1 provision spying units). And because spying has been subsumed into status decks, he is almost exclusively played in status decks.

The cards to which he gives the most value are precisely cards you listed: Arbalests, Dames, Seditious Aristocrats. And because they are engines, one wants to play both Emhyr and these cards as quickly as possible in a round. But Arbalests are soldiers and the others are aristocrats. Given the option, Emhyr will always play one of three cards. And in a status deck, one of these will almost always be an option (and if it isn’t, the Emhyr player’s game is probably already hopeless)! Allowing Emhyr to draw agents will have virtually no effects on status decks.

On the other hand, allowing Emhyr to play agents opens the possibility of Emhyr deriving enough value through the seize power to be playable. This might reopen true spying archetypes.

Last edited:
... Allowing Emhyr to draw agents will have virtually no effects on status decks.

On the other hand, allowing Emhyr to play agents opens the possibility of Emhyr deriving enough value through the seize power to be playable. This might reopen true spying archetypes.
The first part is only true in the case of the specific meta status deck being played right now, since it just doesn't include any bronze agents at all. And the second part is not true at all, because it is in fact that first part that is also true here. Namely, you can ALSO say "Allowing Emhyr to draw agents will have virtually no effect on the spy archetype." The spy archetype includes both, soldiers and aristocrats ALREADY, and if someone really wanted to they would be playing those with Emhyr. Adding the ability to play spies from hand will do literally nothing to the viability of such decks EXCEPT provide additional flexibility to the card, which can then be used in ANY archetype and will probably be used in some way in the status decks, while the spying archetype still sits back on the shelf, probably because it's not asinine enough for the NG players' taste.

Please stop the knee-jerk reactions and actually discuss the merits of the proposal. Emhyr drawing agents would provide numerous assimilate procs and increase consistency of an already dangerous archetype. On the other hand, it does far better fit the card than either soldiers or aristocrats. I could support dropping the other two tags to draw only agents as this would prevent certain abuses of the card in exchange.
well let's talk about Abordage first, this card is 6 provisions and have two conditions Bloodthirst of 2 and Play a Pirate, meanwhile NG have a similar card Magne Division but it's only 5 provisions it have only one condition wich is really easy bc all NG specials cards are tactic except yenvo, it's also an unit and a soldier, so u can play it multiples times
i have hundred of exemples for similar cards like that, strangely it's almost alway NG who have the best ones
play cards from deck or play then draw cards are very important in the game mechanic it allow you to reduce cards number so u have more chances to get the win cards and without surprise NG have them all and with the easiest conditions and lowest prices, they even have too many
the only other faction that have enough of those cards is NR, but all the others especially MO have big struggle to build a deck, and their gameplay is more luck than strategy
so for me when this will be fixed, i will maybe think about emyr not being able to play agents too
Post automatically merged:

-Ethereal back to its old form, Radovid as well
no it was too much abused
-Yrden: remove Adrenaline
problem with yrden is that it was too much strong to kill boost decks in the last turn, offensive decks are already more annoying than boost ones and more oft to see, no need to help them
-bring back previous Sihil
-previous Spring Equinox
bro those were to much abused, and new sihil is still good

-Reavers back to 5 prov as well as Endrega Larva
i agree for this

Last edited:
I never suggested he should play two cards.
I never suggested you suggested that.

I said that the Agent tag should be added as an option of a bronze card he can play (as he fits agents more than soldiers and aristocrats).
And I said that it would be okay if we drop the Aristocrat tag. NG is enough flexible/versatile as is.
Post automatically merged:

no it was too much abused
Those examples were for amusement but changing Ethereal to something a bit better would be nice.

Top Bottom