Experience Gain

+
Just a quick question:

How does it work when you get a stealth kill with a pistol, for example? Do you get both exp for Ninjutsu and Handguns, or Ninjutsu (or Handguns)?

Edit: just so I don't spam with another thread, how does the assault tree works with the perks that say "from behind cover"? Does that mean I only get the bonus if I have that animation of moving outside of cover, or does generally being behind a wall triggers it?

How does it work when you get a stealth kill with a pistol, for example? Do you get both exp for Ninjutsu and Handguns, or Ninjutsu (or Handguns)?
Yep, both ;)
If you "stealth kill" a dude with a knife, you also earn both (Ninjutsu and Blades).
Edit: just so I don't spam with another thread, how does the assault tree works with the perks that say "from behind cover"? Does that mean I only get the bonus if I have that animation of moving outside of cover, or does generally being behind a wall triggers it?
It's when you're behind a cover and "just" aim (when V automatically sticks out upper body to shoot).
(just stand in front a wall/cover don't work)

Yep, both ;)
If you "stealth kill" a dude with a knife, you also earn both (Ninjutsu and Blades).

While on this topic, how does it work with Tech Sniper Rifles, for example? I remember when I first bought the game, you only got EXP for the Engineering tree when killing people with tech snipers through walls. 0 EXP for assault.

While on this topic, how does it work with Tech Sniper Rifles, for example? I remember when I first bought the game, you only got EXP for the Engineering tree when killing people with tech snipers through walls.
Yep I believe it's still the case ;)
If you kill a dude without being detected through a wall with a tech sniper rifle, you'll earn engeneering, ninjutsu, assault and regular xp :)

While on this topic, how does it work with Tech Sniper Rifles, for example? I remember when I first bought the game, you only got EXP for the Engineering tree when killing people with tech snipers through walls. 0 EXP for assault.
I tested with Tech precision riffle (widowmaker), I hit the enemies only through the wall, and I got both assault and engineering points.

I tested with Tech precision riffle (widowmaker), I hit the enemies only through the wall, and I got both assault and engineering points.

Yeah, at week/month 1, this wasn't the case. Thanks for testing though mate, I'm just waiting for 1.7 to drop so I get back and run my stealthy sniper asshole.

Top Bottom