Exploit: Crafting/Deconstructing allows for infinite material

+
Constructing and Deconstructing materials allows for quick/infinite material gain:

Problem:
1. Cost of crafting - some - items can be immediately recouped and then gains realized upon deconstruction
2. Deconstruction of - some - items yields rare resources not required for the crafting of the item

Expected Result:
Simply crafting and deconstructing immediately should at maximum result in the same resources yielded back
- edge case, 10% chance to not use material in constructing an item, this could be mitigated by resource maximum yield being 10% less than what was required to construct it.

Example at crafting level 14
- other examples of lower tier mats can be provided as well (e.g. grenades)
-------------------------

Base cost of constructing Maxdoc MK.3 is:
Basic - 9
Uncommon - 5

Yield of deconstruction is:
Basic - 4
Uncommon -3
Rare - 3
Rare/upgrade - 3
Epic - 1
Epic/upgrade - 5

base_cost.png

yield.png

Post automatically merged:

As an addendum - I neglected to factor in perks gained through leveling crafting:
This will likely require a rework in yields - perhaps disabled yields in crafted items (or setting it to return only what was spent)

Last edited:
Possibly found items should yield more results? There could be a flag on a crafted item to only give the crafted materials back.

For example, if I found some item in the open world it would give me the bonus goodies if I deconstructed it. However, if I used this crafting exploit to turn common and uncommon materials into rare+ materials, it would only give me back the crafted recipe at most.

Top Bottom