extremely stupid time progression during quests

+
So, again just one example, but it is actualy the case in like 90% of all quests in game.

Quest: Ghost Town
Met Panam at 7PM, finished everything and talked to Panam at Sunset Motel at about 1AM. Decided to stay in the motel and use the sleep function. First, it is no sleep and not even a wait, it is just a prompt after that the time progresses by "infinte wisdom of CDPR devs", why I say that, because after the "some time later" notification, it was 10PM... so it means I just spent 21 hours in the bed, yay. But wait, did not Vik told me V have just few weeks to live? Well, gues thats how you waste your precious time. I know it does not matter, you can spend 10 years in NC when you do not progress any quest, but that is not the point. You can just play a game just to kill some time, or you can dive in the story and immerse yourself in, but every time this happens, or something similar, the immersion breaks, and all you are left with is a way how to kill RL time. What disturbs me about this most is, that CDPR could have avoided that very easily.

Well, Vik gave an educated guess on how long V has left. He even admits that he doesn't know much about the chip. He's just going on his limited knowledge when it comes to medicine. So best to take that with a grain of salt. As for the 'waiting' parts in gigs, it's normal. You gotta give someone a few hours to a day to prep for things. If you're doing something major, does it not take an hour or two? A wee bit of realism isn't a bad thing.

You are free to play with some urgency to get to the end. I would be very surprised if the ingame time that passes in one of my full playthroughs exceeded 28 days post heist, I get a lot done in a single day/night cycle, like clear out whole districts. I don't sleep much and eventually I stop entirely when I don't benefit from the xp buff. The only thing I don't do I think is hatch the iguana, I personally don't view it hatching as anything but an easter egg, not canon to V's story.

You can headcannon it however you want if you want to slow your pace, but it doesn't actually take that much time to 99% the game.

Well, Vik gave an educated guess on how long V has left. He even admits that he doesn't know much about the chip. He's just going on his limited knowledge when it comes to medicine. So best to take that with a grain of salt. As for the 'waiting' parts in gigs, it's normal. You gotta give someone a few hours to a day to prep for things. If you're doing something major, does it not take an hour or two? A wee bit of realism isn't a bad thing.
So what? When you do not wait at the motel, the quest tells you to meet Panam next day at midnight (but when you do so, you miss the interaction), so thats plenty of time to work stuff out. So, why not sleep at the motel and 8h later, Panam wakes up and goes working on her plan, while V goes doing whatever V wants, till midnight. It is a win win for everyone, your version is win just for the one side.

Same with what Nixilos wrote, it does not matter what Vik says, it was an example. We can also say, that V wants to become a legend and you do not become a legend by just sitting around. When the player decides to sit down and skip time, so be it. But thats the players decision, not the devs.

I know it is not a bug and not even a major issue, its a minor annoyance, but one that could extremely easily be avoided, especialy because the code is already in the game. The quests "step by step list" already have an entry to "wait for Panam to finish making her plan before meeting her", so why not use it in both options: sleep at the motel or skip. Basicaly said, you always kill immersion when you take the reigns from the player, and the more imersion you create, the better.

Top Bottom