Faces during cut scenes look "weird".

+
Faces during cut scenes look "weird".

I don't know exactly how to say it, but the faces look weird. Almost like there are thin lines of glass running across them distorting them ever so slightly. The Witcher seems to be the only game that this happens to me on. Games like LOTRO with it's cut scenes are fine.E6550 Dual Core Processor 3.1ghz (2.33 ghz stock)MSI Geforce 8600GT 256mb Twin Turbo Video Card (game runs great on this card)Onboard sound4096mbs of PC6400 (800) DDR2 RamVista Ultimate 64-bit OSI'm running an Antec 900 case with both optional fans. Temps aren't an issue.Anyone have any ideas?

If it's specifically cutscenes causing an issue, I would try turning of DOF. That has caused some problems in cutscenes in the past. If that doesn't help, what version of drivers are you running at? Might be an issue between Vista and the nVidia drivers, which is quite common.

A screenshot would help. But there is a common problem with cutscenes and DOF enabled. Bright areas look pixelated.To solve this you have to force Anisotrophic Filtering in your driver panel. You can set it to anything you like (including off) but it needs to be forced by the driver.

onkl said:
A screenshot would help. But there is a common problem with cutscenes and DOF enabled. Bright areas look pixelated.To solve this you have to force Anisotrophic Filtering in your driver panel. You can set it to anything you like (including off) but it needs to be forced by the driver.
I disabled DOF and no change. I also think that I do have Anisotropic enabled at this time.

Well, I ended up having to reinstall my copy of Windows Vista (loss of internet ftl) which means my copy of The Witcher needed to be reinstalled as well. I have changed drivers, forced anistropic and nothing seems to work.Not sure what else I can try. It's not too bad, but it's there which bugs me when the cut scenes should be clear.

What about a screenshot. "Looks weird" is not very helpful.Try to set lighting quality to medium.

lonegreywolf20 said:
lonegreywolf20 said:
What about a screenshot. "Looks weird" is not very helpful.Try to set lighting quality to medium.
I can get a screenshot, but I'm not sure that it will be noticeable in one.
If it's noticeable to you, then a screenshot would definitely help people figure out your problem. ;)

onkl said:
It was the lighting quality setting all along. I set it to medium and now all is well.

Top Bottom