Faces of RED, episode 2

+
Faces of RED, episode 2

While we all wait for our Spring Conference to air Live on the 5th of April 2012 at 5 p.m. GMT, why don't we take a moment to readthe second part of the Faces of RED series, this time with our Art Producer - Michał Krzemiński. Last week a lot of you requested certain members of our team. Dont worry, were working on it and well try to do our best to accommodate your wishes almost every RED will be interrogated. But apart from the people you want to know better, tell us what do you want to ask our team members. Write your questions in the comments below and well choose the most interesting question and add it to the list in the next episode.

Quick ones
Name:Michal Krzemiński
How long at CDP: almost three and a half years (whoa! time flies!)
Favorite games: Flashback, Dune 2, Fallout 1 2 (ok, I liked 3 and NV as well), Batman Arkham Asylum, Modern Warfare 1, Dead Space, los of them.
Favorite movies/ TV shows: Dune, Blade Runner, Lost in Translation, American Beauty, Big Lebowski, The Godfather.Series: That 70s show, The Office (EN), Flight of the Conchords!
Favorite books: Philip K Dick novels!
Favorite food: Fruits! Vegetables! and pasta with some funky stuff
Motto: What do we do with problems? We demolish them!
If I didnt work in game development, I would be a... professional poker player! or a musician even if I cant play any instruments ;) I would learn.
1) Could you please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about what you do in CDP RED?
MK: Hi, Im an Art Producer and during the process of W2 creation I coordinated all of the art departments. Not all at once, of course, but over different periods of time. My job is to make sure that all the art gets done in time, and to get it delivered to the right place just as it was planned.
2) Describe your work on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2:
MK: As you may know weve decided to add massive content to the third act of our game. Besides new quests, locations and characters we added new loading movies, ending boards, cut-scenes, outro, etc. Overall the team added about 35 minutes of new animations and cinematics - and thats what I was mainly focused on. The outro itself consists of a series of final boards and a short cut-scenes made with the REDengine. The final boards are really a cool thing. These are short summaries of the players in game choices, showing their impact on the game world. You know, something like the end of Fallout 1 and 2, when we learned what happened with the places the player visited.
3) The development of this adaptation has been announced more than a year, what were the biggest difficulties for the team?
MK: From my point of view the hardest thing was working under deadlines and deciding what could and could not be done in time. It was pretty difficult because given the strict time limits we had to abandon some ideas because we wouldnt have been able to deliver them before the 17th of April. Still, for all those waiting for the Enhanced Edition, Ill just say that, due to efforts of the whole team, we achieved a little bit more than we had planned.
4) If you were to describe a perfect game of your dreams, what would it be:
MK: A kind of post nuclear RPG with lots of old school adventure gameplay, throw in some turn based combat system? At least parts of it? Im not talking about another Fallout 2 but... ok, I am. Ehh, its so hard to describe a perfect game as I loved many different parts in many different games.
5) If you were to convince someone to play The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in a text message (140 chars.) how would you do it?
MK: It will be more than 140 characters, sorry: If you're bored with all these "fantasy super hero life changing choices" you really dont care about, than you have to (have to!) play Witcher 2. You will feel like playing a mature game with thoughtful decisions, great dialog (oh, these dwarfs are real bastards!) awesome voice acting and very cool quests. Its going to be the best looking game on Xbox 360 ever released!

MM360 said:
<p>MK: It will be more than 140 characters, sorry: If you're bored with all these "fantasy super hero life changing choices" you really don’t care about, than you have to (have to!) play Witcher 2. You will feel like playing a mature game with thoughtful decisions, great dialog (oh, these dwarfs are real bastards!) awesome voice acting and very cool quests. It’s going to be the best looking game on Xbox 360 ever released!

MM360 said:
<p><strong>3) The development of this adaptation has been announced more than a year, what were the biggest difficulties for the team?</strong></p>
<p>MK: From my point of view the hardest thing was working under deadlines and deciding what could and could not be done in time. It was pretty difficult because given the strict time limits we had to abandon some ideas because we wouldn’t have been able to deliver them before the 17th of April. Still, for all those waiting for the Enhanced Edition, I’ll just say that, due to efforts of the whole team, we achieved a little bit more than we had planned.

I am pretty sure Michal is going to like Wasteland 2 next year :)

As for questions:

1) What is your "relationship" with Sapkowski's works? Have you read all of Witcher saga, which book is your favourite if you did ?

2) What is your history in gaming industry? What prior projects have you worked on, inside or outside CDP ?

3) What’s the last game you bought? Did you like it?

4) What games are you looking forward to on the horizon, and why?

5) Other than videogames, what are your interests? (Board games, reading, music, etc)

6) Worst job you ever had ? :D

Those are few off the top of my head I would be interesting in reading answers to.

This a question fort the eventual writer on the Faces of RED.

Is it difficult to write a branching story? I mean, as a short story writer, I write a story with a beginning, middle and ending but you guys have to start a story and branch it out due to several decisions leading to different endings. And somewhere along the way, everything has to make sense! Hoe hard it is?

Thank you very much :)

If you wanna pronounce "Michał" correctly, you have to pronounce the "ł" like an "e-u"
like "Paveł" - "Paveu" - not Pave'L'
so if you don't have an "ł" on your Keyboard, it would be Michaeu! :eek:

btw I'm not polish, nor living in poland!

correct me if I'm wrong.

They say to me don't play video games get a real life... I said by playing video games like witcher i have lived more lives than they can ever imagine. Keep up the good work guys there is always gonna be haters who don't have enough gray matter in their heads to understand this piece of art what you are making. Lol i want to make history like you

serkanx2 said:
If you wanna pronounce "Michał" correctly, you have to pronounce the "ł" like an "e-u"
like "Paveł" - "Paveu" - not Pave'L'
so if you don't have an "ł" on your Keyboard, it would be Michaeu! :eek:

btw I'm not polish, nor living in poland!

correct me if I'm wrong.

Or just call him Michael, it's english form Michał

MM360 said:
Favorite games:Flashback, Dune 2, Fallout 1 & 2 (ok, I liked 3 and NV as well),

Yeah, love for the Fallout series here as well. My favorite game universe besides Andrzej Sapkovki's Witcher world.

No wonder the witcher games are so great when the makers show so exceedingly good taste for games [/BOOTLICKING]

Nice to "meet" you, Michal Krzemiński!

Something I'd like to know about the REDs: Did you work on the first Witcher game? And if you didn't work on it, did you play it?

Top Bottom