Fallout 4

+
on Metacritic 89 from critics..
5.9 from User reviews..

The user review score is now 6.0/6.5/7.0 on PC/PS4/XB1, respectively, and 83% on Steam. It is interesting that the PC version gets the worst score, even though the game runs worse on the consoles (even compared to a budget PC with a Core i3 and GTX 750 Ti), especially the Xbox One. On Steam, the most common complaints seem to be about the "console" UI and technical issues.

The Witcher 3 wasn't a 10/10 masterpiece either. It has a big world, nice graphics, good characters, good voice acting and a good story, but it has the most terrible clunky controls and some of the worst combat I've ever seen in my 25 years of gaming. When you've been gaming as long as I have you've seen true masterpieces and you know when a game has terrible controls and combat. For reference you could compare the combat in Witcher 3 to an ancient game called Severance: Blade of Darkness. They're similar games where combat is concerned; the only difference is combat and movement was done right in Severance, whereas in Witcher 3 combat and movement are clunky and severely detract from the overall experience.
You're going offtopic and your comment is literally copy / paste from Worth A Buy youtuber.

:ugh: Don't feed the troll

OT: can someone explain what so fun about the VATS system ? From the videos I seen it looks like OP insta win feature, you just pause your game to clear any enemy that might cause trouble.

(I haven't played any Fallout game yet, I'm just not a fan of Sci-Fi games.. I tried to play FA:New Vegas, but I couldn't handle the graphics, so I gave up.)

So far I like it. Can see myself spending hours and hours making settlements and weapon mods. When Blizzard announced Garrisons and BioWare announced Skyhold THIS is what I was expecting. It's like Minecraft on steroids.

on Metacritic 89 from critics..
5.9 from User reviews..

:skepticalzoltan:

Metacritic (especially the user scores) gives me no reason to take it seriously.

Last edited:

OT: can someone explain what so fun about the VATS system ? From the videos I seen it looks like OP insta win feature, you just pause your game to clear any enemy that might cause trouble.

(I haven't played any Fallout game yet, I'm just not a fan of Sci-Fi games.. I tried to play FA:New Vegas, but I couldn't handle the graphics, so I gave up.)
basically, the VATS system is a sort of a light "fighting system per turn", you have a number of AP (ability points), that allow you to do a certain amount of actions (shooting, throwing a grenade...etc) and targetting specific parts of the enemy's body '(head, hand,...etc)

now regarding new vegas, i know the graphics are far from being stellar, but it's really an excellent game, it just takes time to get used to it.
furthermore, there are graphics mods that overhaul the visuals and improove them tromendously (way better textures, better character models, lightning system tweaks...etc).
it's probably the best fallout in years since Fallout 2, in terms of deph, choices and consequences and very detailled world states. plus it barely cost anything now, so get it. you won't regret it.

Fallout 4 wants to be everything: Borderlands, Diablo, Call of Duty, Minecraft, RPG(lol). I liked New Vegas too, thought inspiration wise they will try to look more to NV then 3. Nope the second i saw the dialogue wheel it was over. The shooting is improved, but thats about it to be honest. I also like the fact that reviewers are pointing out alot of negatives and in the end they give the game 9/10 or 10/10 anyway. I think the "Rpg" tag is just there for marketing purpose. Its an Open World Shooter stripped down of almost all Rpg elements. Doesnt mean the game cant be fun for sometime, but its not an Rpg for me.

but it has the most terrible clunky controls and some of the worst combat I've ever seen in my 25 years of gaming. When you've been gaming as long as I have you've seen true masterpieces and you know when a game has terrible controls and combat.

Seriously? The Witcher 3's controls are great imo. I think they're smart and well done, and compared to all the other 3rd person games i've played, I think TW3 has really good controls.

I think you're confusing your own personal taste with objectively bad. I don't think the Witcher 3 controls are objectively bad, I think you just don't get on with them. People are too quick to criticise controls nowadays, I've heard similar things about a lot of games, and expected the controls to be terrible, but then when I actually try them for myself, i'm like "what is the big deal, these controls are fine."

Anyway back to the topic of Fallout 4, I liked the beginning part that I watched, (the first 28 minutes) but I fear that F4 is not going to be story heavy enough for me. I enjoyed Skyrim despite the lack of strong storylines because I love fantasy games. But I don't feel the same way about F4's genre so I don't know if I'd enjoy playing it. I'll probably wait for my flatmate to buy it and then try his version.

It's not really a insta win feature considering using vats takes up action points and you can also miss in VATS. It's even more nerfed in fallout 4, where it just slightly slows down the time, instead of pausing time. In Fallout 4 you can also still take damage from enemies (including the one you are targeting) while in VATS.

graphics is total crap... like 2010 graphics. total fraud for a 2015 aaa game, especially at 60$ price. What they did was copy pasted fallout 3 and some new dialogues on to Skyrim's 2010 creation engine. and there u have fallout 4 and the cash is coming in... it's a joke. Glad i didn't preorder.

So far I like it. Can see myself spending hours and hours making settlements and weapon mods. When Blizzard announced Garrisons and BioWare announced Skyhold THIS is what I was expecting. It's like Minecraft on steroids.

That's my biggest fear about purchasing FO4

Original post @ http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/61778-Witcher-3-vs-Fallout-4?p=1962154#post1962154

Well, after watching live streams of Fallout 4 yesterday and some walkthrough's on YouTube, I cant believe it, I was watching Fallout 3!!! The NPC's are like wax figures, devoid of any character or personality, don't get me wrong, I loved Fallout 3, but Fallout 4 is (from what I have seen so far) the same and how long ago has Fallout 3 been released. I guess I will wait for the game to show up on eBay for half the price, so sad that such a huge company can produce such a poor product after all these years.

I guess I have been spoiled by The Witcher 2 and now Witcher 3, come on bring on the 2nd DLC, cant wait!

Just to add, I honestly do not believe that this game FO4, has been in development for more than perhaps nine months! The quality (all aspects of quality, graphics, story, theme, etc....) is JUST NOT THERE!

Hey, I have not played Dishonored before, I just watched some YouTube of it and wow, that was a miss on my part, I will be getting it on the PS4 instead of FO4, that should hold me over till the 2nd DLC for Witcher 3

Glad I was reading this thread!

Metacritic (especially the user scores) gives me no reason to take it seriously.
Since when do people take metacritic user reviews seriously? Half of them are written by trolls. :rolleyes:

---------- Updated at 01:24 PM ----------

One big reason to be wary of Fallout 4 is we still don't know what their plan for paid mods is. Unless someone has up-to-date information about this?

Metacritic is made of cancer and AIDS. Worse than YouTube comments.

As for the game. I still like it. Some of the levels are absolutely enormous. Plenty of nonlinearity in them.

Top Bottom