Favourite music

+
Rock, Metal, Classic and Rock-opera (especially Webber's ). Bands - Pink Floyd, Beatles, Manowar, Queen, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Metallica, Rammstein, Disturbed, etc. Singers - David Bowie and Danny Elfman.

For me, it would be easier to say what I don't like as my tastes in music cover a broad range. I don't like Hip Hop, rap,or grunge for sure, I like Enya, and I have both "No Holly For Miss Quinn" and " Only Time" on my desk top right now. I also like the early Rolling Stones, ( the album High Tide and Green Grass). This could get rather lenghthy so I'll just say it is a wide and varied selection for the most part. I am not locked in to any particular type of music. coastie65

hunterbarw said:
Rock,BLues ,Metal (heavy,black) and the best guitarists in the whole world : Steve Vai,Yngwie Malmsteen,Joe Satriani, Slash (Saul Hudson) :)
Check out Shawn Lane.

i like all kinds of music except country never really got into country all that much but yah pretty much everything else. but i was wondering anyone got any good german music??

kincrazy said:
i like all kinds of music except country never really got into country all that much but yah pretty much everything else. but i was wondering anyone got any good german music??
Depends on your musical taste...Many people like Rammstein. I don't.The Scorpions are known all over the world (why, I don't know).German Techno is very well received (I don't listen to it).There are some german Metal Bands, but I can't really comment on those, since I don't listen to Metal.There are of course some Pop bands that enter the single charts here regulary, but I'm not interested in thoseGerman classic is of course well known and almost everyone knows Schubert, Bach, Beethoven, Liszt, Wagner (ugh!)... classical music is fine, but I don't think you meant classic.Anyway, I can only recommend some bands I personally like, and those aren't much. - Tocotronics latest records are great, they turn into something like the small german Radiohead. - Einstuerzende Neubauten were great back in the 80's and 90's (the singer was a member of Nick Cave's Bad Seeds). - There are some other bands from Hamburg that are relatively safe to listen to: Blumfeld and Kante (Indie Pop), Fink (Country Rock), various small Indie Bands.- German "Krautrock" from the 70's is still very famous in other countries, but almost unknown in Germany (or people don't know they were german). Bands like Can, Harmonia etc. Hippiesk, experimental, 20-minute songs, best listened to while drunk or on LSD. ;)- There's a german anarcho band from the 60s/70s called "Ton Steine Scherben", I still like their stuff.

Windir, Enslaved, Fjoergyn, Týr, Equilibrium, Rammstein, SOiL, Lost Horizon, Aeternus, Opeth, Tenhi, The Kovenant.Those are my favourites, I doubt there's enough space in the forum to mention every band I've ever liked at some point :p

I like metal.Mostly Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Technical Death Metal, Thrash Metal, old school Heavy Metal, and some Power Metal bands.

Suffocation, Nasum, System of a Down, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Stam1na, Mokoma, Amorphis, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy... and many many more.Edit: Strapping Young Lad

shadowfox said:
Suffocation, Nasum, System of a Down, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Stam1na, Mokoma, Amorphis, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy... and many many more.
Nice choices.

Soilborn88 said:
Wow.. BUMP
And what was that about?http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=5049.0
set of rules said:
- Don’t spam – do not write posts only for writing’s sake. If you have something specific to share – do it. But please, don’t write posts like “Me too”, “I agree”, etc. We think, you know what we have in mind, dear Board User

Black Sabbath, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, Dragon Land, Black Majesty, Regicide, Lacuna Coil, Krypteria, Sirenia, Nightwish, Tarja, Leave's Eyes, Within Temptation, Evanescence, Kamelot, Wintersun, Apocalyptica, 45HIGH, Angel Dust, Angra, Allan Lande, Gallowglas, Corvus Corax, Faun, Rhapsody/Luca Turilli, Sentenced... and plenty more.Lorrena McKennit, Blackmore's Night, New World Rainessance Band (aka american Minstrel) - sometimes I need to chill and let the muse massage my brain ;D

Rhian said:
Black Sabbath, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, Dragon Land, .... Kamelot, ... Apocalyptica, ... Angel Dust, .......Blackmore's Night...
0_0Those are exactly the same for me - actually all of them are on my playlist now, except Blackmore's - it's at home ;D

Darth39Mael said:
Darth39Mael said:
Black Sabbath, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, Dragon Land, .... Kamelot, ... Apocalyptica, ... Angel Dust, .......Blackmore's Night...
0_0Those are exactly the same for me - actually all of them are on my playlist now, except Blackmore's - it's at home ;D
Can I adopt you as my brother? ;DMy brother has aboslutely nothing going on music-wise...I have them all on my Zen Touch MP3 Player, and also on my server so I can listen to music while I write or draw.

Rhian said:
Rhian said:
Rhian said:
Can I adopt you as my brother? ;DMy brother has aboslutely nothing going on music-wise and it's a real drama when I visit my mom...I have them all on my Zen Touch MP3 Player, and also on my server so I can listen to music while I write or draw.
Drawing without music - I can't even think about it... I also listen to music when I type the program code. Can't imagine it without anything in my ears. :) And yes, you can adopt me as your brother ;) then I'll have one more sis to arrange drawing contests with ;D

Darth39Mael said:
Darth39Mael said:
Darth39Mael said:
Darth39Mael said:
Can I adopt you as my brother? ;DMy brother has aboslutely nothing going on music-wise and it's a real drama when I visit my mom...I have them all on my Zen Touch MP3 Player, and also on my server so I can listen to music while I write or draw.
Drawing without music - I can't even think about it... I also listen to music when I type the program code. Can't imagine it without anything in my ears. :) And yes, you can adopt me as your brother ;) then I'll have one more sis to arrange drawing contests with ;D
I believe we only would end up in a contest who uses most paper and speeds up the destruction of the rainforest :D *looks atthe large pile of recycle paper she has wasted today*Well, if you ever come to Germany, near munich ;-) let me know! Only that I am in canada this summer to visit my soul-sister in Montreal ... hope they don't eat me there... old quebecs are rumored to dislike germans

Rhian said:
Rhian said:
Rhian said:
Rhian said:
Rhian said:
I believe we only would end up in a contest who uses most paper and speeds up the destruction of the rainforest :D *looks atthe large pile of recycle paper she has wasted today*Well, if you ever come to Germany, near munich ;-) let me know! Only that I am in canada this summer to visit my soul-sister in Montreal ... hope they don't eat me there... old quebecs are rumored to dislike germans
;D I also have some relatives in Canada - but in Toronto. And I don't think I'll visit Germany anytime soon for I know German language only by Rammstein songs, and that's not much :)As for drawing - I have a disaster! I've lost my favourite drawing pen which served me for almost five years! Now I have an unfinished picture and a bad mood :'(

Darth39Mael said:
;D I also have some relatives in Canada - but in Toronto. And I don't think I'll visit Germany anytime soon for I know German language only by Rammstein songs, and that's not much :)As for drawing - I have a disaster! I've lost my favourite drawing pen which served me for almost five years! Now I have an unfinished picture and a bad mood :'(
Oh nowadays most germans should be able to understand english ;-) That's grim news about your pen :( nothing bites more than losing the favorite pen.I had a cool mechanical pencil (those you can refill), but saldy it broke apart after six years of extreme use.

Top Bottom