For standalone Phantom Liberty, do we pick our choices, romance etc?

+
Phantom Liberty has an option to fast-forward to that part of the story, without a save file. I played the game on PS4 some time ago, so I'm looking to do that. Would I still have the romance with Panam going and other choices like that? Will we pick these options to make a new save-file? Any other details of how you'll start out in a fast-forward to Phantom Liberty play?

From what I understood we'll be able to access PL from the existing saves in the original game. The requirement to fast-forward will be also to have the Voodo Boys mission finished. But there will be many changes in the basegame like perk trees and etc, so it is probably interesting to make a fresh start.

I don't have the original save, it was on PS4 and I no longer have that version. And I don't tend to replay these longer games. But some games had some of a questionnaire to fill in what choices your character made already in sequels etc, so I wondered if they were doing that for Phantom Liberty.

Since they've talked about fast-forwarding to Phantom Liberty without a save, but haven't mentioned details on how that'll work for romance and choices etc, equipment and stats, etc.

Since they've talked about fast-forwarding to Phantom Liberty without a save, but haven't mentioned details on how that'll work for romance and choices etc, equipment and stats, etc.
Not sure, so just a guess, might be like TW3.
I never tried myself to "only" play TW3 expansions so not sure how it work, but I know it's possible.
But I agree with @AikoHayashi, with all the changes the update and the expansion will add (from the skill trees, to clothes, cyberwares, melee combats...) it would be a shame to only play the expansion...

Last edited:
Phantom Liberty has an option to fast-forward to that part of the story, without a save file. I played the game on PS4 some time ago, so I'm looking to do that. Would I still have the romance with Panam going and other choices like that? Will we pick these options to make a new save-file? Any other details of how you'll start out in a fast-forward to Phantom Liberty play?

Hate to break it to you, but you can't play PL on ps4. You have to get a ps5. That said, if you get a ps5. There is a free upgrade to ps5.

Hate to break it to you, but you can't play PL on ps4. You have to get a ps5. That said, if you get a ps5. There is a free upgrade to ps5.
Yep I knew that, just mentioning why I'll be entering Phantom Liberty on PC without a save file. And previews were saying the DLC could work starting there, so looking to see how much detail they may have put into that route.

(Most importantly, would be good to have the Panam romance still in effect)

Top Bottom