For storytelling purposes, please switch the quest that triggers "I Fought The Law" *spoilers*

+
For the most part, the system of having main quest progression gradually unlock side quests works well and ensures you don't run out of content to do during waiting periods between missions. However, the " I Fought the Law" and "The Beast in Me" feel like they have their triggers reversed. Getting the call from Elizabeth Peralez requires finishing Life During Wartime, a Panam mission, while "The Beast in Me" requires progress through the Judy/VDB story. As such, we end up in a situation where Elizabeth Peralez can contact you based on Judy's recommendation when Judy may not even know V is alive and Claire could call V when no one has seen them at the Afterlife for weeks. It makes more sense for completing the Evelyn rescue to unlock " I Fought the Law" and for "The Beast in Me" to depend upon securing Hellman and setting the Afterlife abuzz with news over such a high profile job that Claire saw V come in to initiate.

The text chain with Panam also only makes sense if V rescues Evelyn after meeting Panam, which creates a whole bunch of issues when we consider the above. So we end up with either a job based on a recommendation to a dead merc (from Judy's perspective) or V telling Panam about something they did before meeting her and making it seem like it just happened. Generally, the interconnectivity between these storylines could use some tuning. Maybe make it so that Panam only initiates the message chain where V mentions Judy if V indeed does the Evelyn rescue after meeting Panam?

Never bothered me, knowing I generally start by Automatic Love, but yes, it would make more sense to reverse both :)

There are a number of things like this that I wish would change. There's a Regina gig and a Sandra Dorsett side job that trigger in the same place at the same time...very confusing. I now know to just completely ignore one or the other and complete the mission...and then go back to complete the other.

Several months later... Looks like this problem has been cleared up after patch 2.12...nice going, CDPR.

Last edited:
There are a number of things like this that I wish would change. There's a Regina gig and a Sandra Dorsett side job that trigger in the same place at the same time...very confusing. I now know to just completely ignore one or the other and complete the mission...and then go back to complete the other.
That one doesn't really bother me too much because you find Sandra's databank while burglarizing the medical facility where the Scavs are actually selling the cyberware that they've been harvesting from their victims. It's not unreasonable that it would end up there.

That being said, it might've made more sense for V to find Sandra's databank during the Sweet Dreams mission, which takes place in the same scav hideout that you save Sandra from in Act 1.

That one doesn't really bother me too much because you find Sandra's databank while burglarizing the medical facility where the Scavs are actually selling the cyberware that they've been harvesting from their victims. It's not unreasonable that it would end up there.

That being said, it might've made more sense for V to find Sandra's databank during the Sweet Dreams mission, which takes place in the same scav hideout that you save Sandra from in Act 1.
My complaint was more the confusion caused by the simultaneous triggering of the two jobs. The location isn't the only one we return to more than once.

It would have been fun if V had found the databank in the Sweet Dreams Scav apartment and _initiated_ a call to Sandra. Of course, it's my suspicion that a romance may have been planned for V and Sandra but scrubbed for whatever reason. It's very interesting that V maintains access to Sandra's apartment even after the job is completed.

Top Bottom