FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to be a 'TP' if the development concentration drops. Feedback is good, but unconditional acceptance can destroy the center of development, so be careful about it. Since we have not yet experienced a 'Cyberpunk ' point of view, such a vote is meaningless. Somehow I believe in the CD project.

- sorry google translate ^^

Yeah maybe their vision is : an RPG cut scenes and an fps shooter.. I just erased cyberpunk from my mind already from the stuff I read, if you all search gaming articles already made new leaks about the game, because CD-PROJEKT RED showcased a 50 minutes gameplay behind the scenes and they all say : its not what you expecting... Its like an fps shooter with some rpg elements nothing special. So the reason WHY THEY WILL NOT LISTEN to user feedback, is because they focus into pew pew boom boom and not the RPG elements..

so you newcomers are forcing themselves to believe a First Person game can never be a "RPG" and a First Person game always has to be a "pew pew boom boom".

so, you probably also think GTA 5 and Gears of War are RPG.

i would like a good reason why cd project red does not give the player the option to choose.

i can understand why they think fp would be a better expiereince, but why then give us not the option

can you explain the definition of RPG in your eyes?

For me, a "proper" RPG is Deus Ex, Bloodlines, Kotor 2, Planescape Torment. For me, a camera perspective never affects the quality of the game. But the flood of claims that "a RPG with Third Person view is always more RPG than a RPG with First Person view" is very absurd. I would prefer System Shock over Mass Effect Andromeda any time.

First Person view doesn't make a game "Shooter" and Third Person view doesn't make a game "RPG".
You seem to have summed up the point perfectly. Thank you.

i would like to hear what people think about the way ghost recon wildlands did it, thirdperson until u start zooming in with ur gun. im personally not sure if i would like that

The idea that character customization suddenly doesn't matter because of a camera perspective and the idea of third person being a superior camera mode for RPGs is plain hilarious.
Why wouldn't we be able to see our characters and outfits because the gameplay is in first person? They already confirmed we'll be seeing V in cutscenes. Presumably mirrors exist as well. Aside from that, what does it matter if you can't see your full body during gameplay? From what I heard, we can look down and see our body.
And there is no correlation between camera perspective and being a good RPG. RPGs are quality based on character building mechanics and their writing. I don't know anyone who would call the classic game that is Deus Ex an inferior RPG because you can't stare at Denton's back throughout the entire game. I don't know anyone that played the later Might and Magic games and went "ew First Person this is a shit RPG". It's completely inconsequential to whether an RPG is good or not.

Based on what I've heard about upgrades to optical cyberware effecting the player's HUD, First person just makes more sense for immersion. Having HUD elements pop up on screen in a TPP make no sense because you're not experiencing the game from the character's view. Just plain silly outrage for the sake of being outraged
The only argument I've seen that actually works towards a TPP being implemented is motion sickness although that can be helped with higher frame rates and a wider FOV. But even then I don't think this is an issue that affects a significant amount of gamers and I'd imagine there are other ways to help lessen motion sickness IRL if you're stuck on console.

Why do some people feel so entitled?

I can understand people who suffer for certain things that make a FPS games hard to play, and i hope CDPR will try to add a few sliders so people like that could try and make it better.

"I don't like FPP games."; "I can't get immersed in FPP games"; "I din't know what happens around me in FPP games"; "But i want to see my character all the time", "But it worked in Witcher", the list goes on.

Those are not arguments you can stand on, and go after a game studio.

I think a first person game can be an rpg never said it cant but it breaks the immersion for me and i want to see my character moving around , i never understood the whole looking trough the eyes of your character , for me 3rd person was allways more immersive and in a game where you customize your character , have different cloths armors weapons , i want to be able to see that , the brilliant swordplay moves from witcher 3 imagine them first person... yuck

First person is functional in showing you the real scale of the world. The difference in perspective between TPP and FPP is massive.

Imagine this, but surrounded by tall skyscrapers, neons everywhere, flying cars...

Here is my solution.

CDPR, just focus on FPP for now. While considering TPP while making the game.
Complete the game with FPP in mind, first. And after you guys completed the game, make TPP while the other focus on bug hunting.
If the TPP doesn't meet the deadline, you can just make an option to enable TPP but tell the user that this feature is in BETA. And improve it while it releases. I don't know if this is possible, I'm not a game designer. But hey, if it possible, why not? You had a complete game with both sides (TPP and FPP) functional. See Fallout and TES. They had buggy TPP but playable. And they get away with it.

First person is functional in showing you the real scale of the world. The difference in perspective between TPP and FPP is massive.
Imagine this, but surrounded by tall skyscrapers, neons everywhere, flying cars...
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt vs The Ghost 3: Simulator:unsure:

so you newcomers are forcing themselves to believe a First Person game can never be a "RPG" and a First Person game always has to be a "pew pew boom boom".

so, you probably also think GTA 5 and Gears of War are RPG.

my account is old! I just dont chat all day in CDPR forums, before they even update the new layout and before even witcher 3... I am old and I played many RPGs in my life. If you visit one of the first topics ever created in this new forums (ideas of a dream RPG), you will find me there in the first pages...

I came here after the reveal of cybepunk trailer without even knowing its an FPS. FOR YEARS CDPR promoted this game as a dream rpg full of choices and unique stuff blablabla.. but it turns out its an fps with some rpg elements.. Not my cup of tea, sorry. This is not a dream RPG, its intermediary more fps and less rpg.

RPG for me is a game of roles with my choices and my unique customized character. If I have no contact with my toon and only some american call of duty style of cut scenes with my character.. Well...yeah... no... Having no eye contact with your toon, takes away the 50% of what makes a good RPG from my personal experience.

Many bring examples such DEUS X... but DEUS X have no character creator, it gives you a protagonist because simply THERE IS NO POINT to create a toon in an FPS. Maybe the choice of female or male (for voice only and screams) and there is no point for customization even for the cut scenes. I am not going to buy a game for the cut scenes. Who cares about the cut scenes.

And excuse me, 50 minutes gameplay is already out leaked and EVERYBODY claims this game is more fps less RPG. So it is not FPP but FPS with character creator (???) and character customization (???), it may have quests and choices, but who cares if you get a quest to boom boom and to pew pew.. All fps campaigns gives you choices and quests for boom boom and pew pew, They may try to baptize that as RPG. But it is an FPS in story mode.

I dont play GTA games and I played gears of war 1-2-3 and loved them... I quit consoles for 8-10 years now!

Last edited:
What I can't understand is why people who support FPP are so hostile and are against TPP. No one is asking to take away FPP from this game. People are asking to add option to switch to TPP. One would think more options to play your game is better but obviously FPP defenders thinks otherwise. And it's bugs me why? Don't you want more people to be able to enjoy this game?

Please don't turn this game into third person because of a vocal minority, the game NEEDS first person to work correctly by design due to HUD, verticality and what not.
It's also not a simple switch.
Please don't delay the game a year just to change your vision for a vocal minority.

I came here after the reveal of cybepunk trailer without even knowing its an FPS. FOR YEARS CDPR promoted this game as a dream rpg full of choices and unique stuff blablabla.. but it turns out its an fps with some rpg elements.. Not my cup of tea, sorry. This is not a dream RPG, its intermediary more fps and less rpg.
!

It's not the case. From what I'm reading on an italian preview, it seems to have more impactful dialogues than The Witcher 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom