Gangs Coming after V in 2.1

+
^You need to make certain decisions during missions and gigs. Like screwing Maelstrom in act 1 by paying choosing a certain payment method. That triggered several attacks for me.

Simply attacking gang members randomly during free roam won't trigger attacks.

^You need to make certain decisions during missions and gigs. Like screwing Maelstrom in act 1 by paying choosing a certain payment method. That triggered several attacks for me.
Wait for it.

I handled that one by starting to shoot as soon as I entered their place. Everyone was down or dead when I left, except Brick. ^^

You can play this while reading. That is how my visit went.

Post automatically merged:

Given I screwed every single gang, someone should have jumped me, since I've been everywhere in those 2h, shooting them on sight as I did since the start.

Like those Tyger Claws directors. All dead, including Maiko.

Last edited:
Wait for it.

I handled that one by starting to shoot as soon as I entered their place. Everyone was down or dead when I left, except Brick. ^^
When I save the game while traffic is disabled and then reload after traffic is enabled, attacks won't trigger anymore. Maybe something is messed up when the trigger misfires due to disabled traffic (which is not an official setting) and the condition is stored in the save, I don't know.

But I do like the music, would've fit perfectly in the games soundtrack.

Well, enjoy the quiet, then. I think that is what you wanted. ^^
@Schachmatt222
Nah, it's not really what I wanted. I continued with my regular save of course.

And out of the blue, I got attacked by a maelstrom hitsquad after quite a while (6.5 real time hours), and it was hilarious. Sadly it showed how poorly this mechanic was implemented, because I got unexpected help - from "regular" Maelstromers, that stormed out of a nearby corner and opened fire on the Maelstrom assassins. I hacked a nearby turret and enjoyd the fireworks until I picked up the leftovers.

Last edited:
Awesome feature ... Ive started new game and Maelstroomers alrady likes my V very much :D

View attachment 11376733

I think the line there about losing their people (literally) is key. Clean install and new game, I just snuck Lucy out of that gig without flatlining any of the goons or being seen even once. Did a few non-lethal takedowns to clear her a path.

No gang ambush afterwards.

I think maybe the constant ambushes people are experiencing after upgrading to 2.1 and loading an existing save are just queued up from all the gigs they did prior to the patch. I rolled around killing random gangoons for over an hour and got no ambushes. Did ONE gig for Regina, loud, with lotsa bodies on the floor after, and was immediately ambushed after hanging up the holo with Regina at the end and calling my bike. So it seems it's one trigger, one ambush. Depends how you choose to resolve a mission/gig. Least I hope it is.

Next test: Many Ways to Skin a Cat, where you klep the van full of synth-leather jackets. This time I stuck to stealth again and nobody saw me. A few were temporarily alarmed, but no Combat mode. Difference here is I went lethal on the takedowns. Soon as I left the yard with the van and turned a corner... ambush. Forgot to read the note. I'll look for it next time I'm in game. This one I'm a little annoyed about. If you aren't seen you shouldn't get any ambush, lethal or non-lethal. Plenty of gigs already featured reinforcements showing up at the end of the gig if you caused an alarm and nothing at all if you did it clean. That's how it should work. Reward for clean operation. And if you like it loud and messy what's one more fight afterwards, right?

Update: I think I finally got ambushed for killing Royce and all the Maelstromers in The Pickup. Hard to say since the murder note these guys were carrying was pretty generic "Go kill V really hard. Messed with us in Wats. Yadda yadda.". Have to say though... the ambushes are wildly unbalanced. While I AM playing on Very Hard, still nothing else I'm doing is even a third as difficult as these ambushes to survive. This Maelstrom ambush that just hit me in Westbrook was two cars including THREE bosses using Sandevistan and Kerenzikov.

I'm level 17. That wiped me out four times before I managed to beat them and they chased me half across Westbrook during the fight because there's no way I can stand and fight them all at once. It's utterly ridiculous compared to the difficulty of the rest of the game right now. Hate to have to step down to Hard because then the rest of the game is too easy just so I can survive these absurd ambushes.

Last edited:
the feature is kinda weird.... i have two chars/playthroughs based on the same lvl 50 base game clear save - on one i get attacked frequently, so often that it starts to annoy me on the other save i havent encounter a single atk yet. so both are based on the same decisions and playstyle up to lvl 50 Point of no return - but act completely different why so ever.

I don’t think it’ll be annoying at all. I’d love some extra bodies to slice and dice on my way to slice and dice bodies.

the feature is kinda weird.... i have two chars/playthroughs based on the same lvl 50 base game clear save - on one i get attacked frequently, so often that it starts to annoy me on the other save i havent encounter a single atk yet. so both are based on the same decisions and playstyle up to lvl 50 Point of no return - but act completely different why so ever.
I suspect a fair number of problems are down to the patch not handling existing savegames very well. When I loaded up a mid-game save after updating to 2.1, my V was around level 37 and had logged out in Westbrook. I got about a block down the road on foot before a two car ambush with multiple boss enemies in it just obliterated me.

On this new game created after 2.1, it's a lot more predictable so far. Mostly, I get an ambush after certain gigs if they got particularly messy. But not every gig. And this last one where I blew up the Glitter lab, I actually got a text warning from Regina that the Tygers were out to get me. And then a minute later.. ambush.

I've completed all 24 of Regina's gigs now on this save and I've only been ambushed five times or so. One of those was the weird Maelstrom ambush that only hit me after I crossed the bridge INTO Westbrook. That one seemed like it should have happened in Watson, which is their turf. Other than that, not much has happened. The few ambushes that have happened though, on Very Hard diff, are no joke at all. Much harder than running the gigs themselves.

Hmm 🤔 2.1 stopped gang atks and autofixer gigs entirely for me on a save which encountered both frequently before the patch… pretty messed up I guess.

I am very concerned about the mechanics with the gangs gunning for V. I have a bad feeling it will be more irritating than fun. The gangs will mysteriously figure out V has been knocking them off, even when there are no witness and no camera caught her. I have her out of sight, use line of sight, snipe, hack the group of enemies, and they die WITHOUT even knowing their killer, to worse they know they are being attacked but do not know who. Sometimes things go south and yes with the new system they can ding her for the attack..... but that is the exception not the rule. One more thing... she does not leave survivors, she will coup-de-grace... no survivors... can not have them report back.

Example: ( this really did happen): V does a gig to assassinate Mr. Orta (Valentino leader). I had her go in wipe out Mr Orta, the whole crew, shut down the camera's and was never caught by them (not that matters she will be a blur) there was 0% chance they would know it was her. But later, she is in Mama Wells bar, and V was asked to stop Valentino's harassing a patron, the 2 'tino thugs have a fit because she had a gun fight and killed Mr. Orta..... there was no way they would of known that, let alone there was no gun fight, they were all sniped and none of them knew she killed them, not even the 3 down stairs.

If this new system is similar... well, all the gangs with crystal balls, automatically figuring out V is wiping them...... it will be more irritating and not fun, let alone anti immersive. Also how would this work, like needing to go to gang held area to talk to an npc, like Bes Isis in Maelstrom stronghold when you made a very negative rep with Maelstrom?
It is truly awful for me; constantly attacked just driving; I'm nuking this version of Cyberpunk 2077 and going back to a backup I had of the game before this awful update.

Simply attacking gang members randomly during free roam won't trigger attacks.
Well that's lame. Was wondering why no gang events ever triggered for me. So basically I'll never get to experience it since I've completed everything in the game already. I was sort of counting on that to give me some added replay value for the game, since they didn't add any new radiant quests in 2.1. Vehicle contracts with El Capitan get old very, very fast...

At the bare minimum I would've loved to have (optional) infinite NCPD scanner hustles, where gangs spawn in at one of the previously completed locations at random. And maybe some skull icon enemies or loot chests at those locations would have a small chance to drop previously sold iconic weapons (since there's still no way to re-acquire them).

:giveup:

Hmm I have stated previously that I really enjoy it. That didn't change, however after the initial flood of encounters with each new revisited territory, it is now pretty quiet.

I am almost done wtih the gigs, and even when I agro a group during a gig, there is no retallation.

I seem to have in fact opposite problem from you all. I want more attacks and there are NONE happening xD
Post automatically merged:

Awesome feature ... Ive started new game and Maelstroomers alrady likes my V very much :D

View attachment 11376733
Yeah I tend to often save Brick. I kinda like malestumers, shame we have to kill so many during the game. Scavs can go jump in a hole and die, but Malestrumers they even have nice music taste xD

Top Bottom