Gangs Coming after V in 2.1

+
I am very concerned about the mechanics with the gangs gunning for V. I have a bad feeling it will be more irritating than fun. The gangs will mysteriously figure out V has been knocking them off, even when there are no witness and no camera caught her. I have her out of sight, use line of sight, snipe, hack the group of enemies, and they die WITHOUT even knowing their killer, to worse they know they are being attacked but do not know who. Sometimes things go south and yes with the new system they can ding her for the attack..... but that is the exception not the rule. One more thing... she does not leave survivors, she will coup-de-grace... no survivors... can not have them report back.

Example: ( this really did happen): V does a gig to assassinate Mr. Orta (Valentino leader). I had her go in wipe out Mr Orta, the whole crew, shut down the camera's and was never caught by them (not that matters she will be a blur) there was 0% chance they would know it was her. But later, she is in Mama Wells bar, and V was asked to stop Valentino's harassing a patron, the 2 'tino thugs have a fit because she had a gun fight and killed Mr. Orta..... there was no way they would of known that, let alone there was no gun fight, they were all sniped and none of them knew she killed them, not even the 3 down stairs.

If this new system is similar... well, all the gangs with crystal balls, automatically figuring out V is wiping them...... it will be more irritating and not fun, let alone anti immersive. Also how would this work, like needing to go to gang held area to talk to an npc, like Bes Isis in Maelstrom stronghold when you made a very negative rep with Maelstrom?

Last edited:
It seems like from their comments, it will be tied to choices made during specific gigs/missions/side jobs, so it won't just "Trigger" because you kill a bunch of scavs, you'll need to actively make choices that open up the possibility of it happening, and my guess is these will be limited.

It's important to note the game was sort of sold on this idea in the early marketing, using the scav chase from the opening mission as an example, but framing it like it was a dynamic thing based on past interactions, and while that never really materialized as a fully working system so I think it's a good thing if that finally made it's way into the game. I just hope that it's based on choice/optional objectives etc....

I think a good example is if there is an optional stealth objective, if you pass no one knows you where there so it's all good no one comes for you, but if you fail, maybe an in-game day later they hunt you down? I think if it's done in that way it's probably going to be a welcome addition.

Well....this will be nice....IF the traffic bug is fixed. Run away from other cars with traffic freezing in front of you every 5 seconds? Forget about it.

Oh my my my... this means morer the funner in my book.

I wish the authors went one step further, and made gangs (including the police) fear V after a while. That would have been a kicker.
Also, it would have allowed for another steam achievement... "Fear me", when de facto all gangs fear V and avoid fight at any cost.

Last edited:
Oh my my my... this means morer the funner in my book.
It can be... in some roll play way I have V do what she does now. That said if new system is done right, it will be fun, but I get the bad feeling it will not be. Even in gigs, I have V in line as an assassin than go in 'guns blazing' . Yes, if things go south I should be 'dinged' I do not have an issue with it. It is when you complete the gig/side quest/main story without the enemy knowing they are being wiped out, or not knowing who.
I wish the authors went one step further, and made gangs (including the police) fear V after a while. That would have been a kicker.
Also, it would have allowed for another steam achievement... "Fear me", when de facto all gangs fear V and avoid fight at any cost.
Interesting idea... especially tied to the street cred system.

"GANGS COMING AFTER V IN 2.1"

Really? Well, I'd say, "Bring it on!"
Wait for the ending!

And this could be real footage from Cyberpunk 2077. Think of sandevistan, swords, high-damage tech, health boosters, bad ass weapons and loads of other stuff.

The stupid gangoon didn't even bring a backup weapon besides the machete.

I've never thought I'd feel as bad ass (and beyond) as those movie scenes showed when I was watching them. Cyberpunk 2077 has fulfilled all dreams of having an immersive experience of being a literal deity of a city.

Last edited:
Gangs gunning for V? Sweet.

Af0k.gif

2.0/Phantom Liberty already added a couple of instances of people coming after V out of revenge for choices in gigs, and I imagine they'll be more like those events - just less scripted.

Last edited:
I feel like this could be a teaser for what to except from Orion though. There's only so you can do with fixed parameters already set in.

It would also be good if they managed to change it so that if you take someone out you are not then hacked by others, despite no one seeing you do the deed.

I am very concerned about the mechanics with the gangs gunning for V. I have a bad feeling it will be more irritating than fun. The gangs will mysteriously figure out V has been knocking them off, even when there are no witness and no camera caught her. I have her out of sight, use line of sight, snipe, hack the group of enemies, and they die WITHOUT even knowing their killer, to worse they know they are being attacked but do not know who. Sometimes things go south and yes with the new system they can ding her for the attack..... but that is the exception not the rule. One more thing... she does not leave survivors, she will coup-de-grace... no survivors... can not have them report back.

Example: ( this really did happen): V does a gig to assassinate Mr. Orta (Valentino leader). I had her go in wipe out Mr Orta, the whole crew, shut down the camera's and was never caught by them (not that matters she will be a blur) there was 0% chance they would know it was her. But later, she is in Mama Wells bar, and V was asked to stop Valentino's harassing a patron, the 2 'tino thugs have a fit because she had a gun fight and killed Mr. Orta..... there was no way they would of known that, let alone there was no gun fight, they were all sniped and none of them knew she killed them, not even the 3 down stairs.

If this new system is similar... well, all the gangs with crystal balls, automatically figuring out V is wiping them...... it will be more irritating and not fun, let alone anti immersive. Also how would this work, like needing to go to gang held area to talk to an npc, like Bes Isis in Maelstrom stronghold when you made a very negative rep with Maelstrom?
If it's anything like the current police response - yeah, it will be very annoying.

Also netwatch is coming after us now. In the middle of dog town. Which gets us a star because we killed only them.

Very bad design.

I love that the city is more hostile towards V now. Eveyones looking to become a legend and what better way then to kill a rising one.

Yeah, it's annoying.

Like the stupid police "upgrade", I feel like I'm being constantly interrupted whilst trying to play the game.

Is this fucking Saints Row now?

Last edited:
Played 10 minutes with 2.1 and this GANG-"feature" already annoys me!

Drove through the desert and from out of nowhere came a car with attacking gangsters...
Turned back to NC and the next ones came.
This is nothing but annoying - specially when the NCPD will be engaged.
Wtf could anyone like this? And wtf could CDPR think anyone would like this?

>>> Please make this optional ! <<<

Top Bottom