Gig Breaking News bugged

+
I’m playing the PS4 version on PS5 after the new “next gen update”. I’m playing the PS4 version because i had many quests bugged that prevented me from getting the platinum trophy, and since trophies didn’t transfer over to the PS5 version, i went back to the PS4 version to finish these quests, hoping my problems would be fixed in this update. However, there is still one quest that is completely bugged and there is no way for me to complete it. It is the Gig: Breaking News, assigned by Muamar “El Capitan” Reyes in Santo Domingo where you are supposed to meet with a reporter in his truck. In my case, the truck and the reporter, Ted Fox, always spawns underground, therefore I can’t interact with them. Please, if anyone knows a solution, or CDPR if you are reading this, is there anything you can do?

Attachments

• 57D6B78C-3072-4EEF-BFCE-35C9F929B74F.jpeg
    57D6B78C-3072-4EEF-BFCE-35C9F929B74F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 337
Upvote 0
Hi all, same issue here in Breaking News, though for us the car and reporter are upside down. No way of turning it up the right way and no way of reaching the interaction point. Last gig as well so entirely broken.

Upvote 0
I waited until after 1.52 to buy this game because it had no business being on the market & clearly it still doesn't. CDPR has made sure to patch all the money and dupe glitches, but not the ones that break the game & prevent getting all the tropies/achievements. Ted's car is flipped over & I have tried EVERYTHING! I even pushed a row of cars into him, since you can't drive into him. They went through like a ghost. The biggest issue is I have loaded all 20 Auto saves all 10 quick saves & they are glitched. My 2nd oldest manual save that sets me back 13 hours is the best I can do. Apparently I drove by and activated his spawn way before going to do the gig. I'm 90 hours in & about to wash my hands of this game & CDPR for good.

Upvote 0
I had this issue (PS5 patch 1.52).

However you can still get in the car - go round to the front passenger side door, crouch, and keep mashing your enter button. It will eventually initiate the animation and V will get into the car (albeit upside down!) and the full conversation will play out, including choices. V will then exit automatically and land you upright once again next to the car.

You can then continue and complete the gig.

Attachments

• E44B3559-3EDB-41E1-A764-8BE7E8BDC38B.jpeg
    E44B3559-3EDB-41E1-A764-8BE7E8BDC38B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
I had this issue (PS5 patch 1.52).

However you can still get in the car - go round to the front passenger side door, crouch, and keep mashing your enter button. It will eventually initiate the animation and V will get into the car (albeit upside down!) and the full conversation will play out, including choices. V will then exit automatically and land you upright once again next to the car.

You can then continue and complete the gig.
How hell Ted's car could end in this position ? o_O
It never happened in all my playthroughs... But it need to be reported, including a save if possible.

Upvote 0
How hell Ted's car could end in this position ? o_O
It never happened in all my playthroughs... But it need to be reported, including a save if possible.
Really not sure why, I tried reloading save, restarting console and game etc and no change.

Reading posts before it also seems the entire car can be clipping through the ground, even worse then just upside down on the ground.

I’ve raised a request to support today with the screenshot.

Upvote 0
I’m playing the PS4 version on PS5 after the new “next gen update”. I’m playing the PS4 version because i had many quests bugged that prevented me from getting the platinum trophy, and since trophies didn’t transfer over to the PS5 version, i went back to the PS4 version to finish these quests, hoping my problems would be fixed in this update. However, there is still one quest that is completely bugged and there is no way for me to complete it. It is the Gig: Breaking News, assigned by Muamar “El Capitan” Reyes in Santo Domingo where you are supposed to meet with a reporter in his truck. In my case, the truck and the reporter, Ted Fox, always spawns underground, therefore I can’t interact with them. Please, if anyone knows a solution, or CDPR if you are reading this, is there anything you can do?
Be careful playing it on the PS4 & PS5 cause there bugs that just couldn't be fixed & one of the major things that they r warning people about is that if u try certain tricks & certain glitches it will crash your PS4 or PS5 & literally almost break it to where it won't turn back on

Upvote 0
1657319505279.png

There's an other bug. I got failed on the optional target Just after I 've been spoken with Teddy.

Top Bottom