Gwent World Masters #1

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what? Season ONE? Did they delay it 1 years or 3 years? I remember watching season 1 in 2018. Did they change the name of the circuit or something and this is a new rebooted masters?

I don't even remember the contestants from way back then in 2018, is that why life coach is coming back, was he a finalist? There isn't even a single card in the game that's the same as back then. Seems really strange to pick up now after so long.

Sorry I don't follow the Gwent esports as much as I used to, so this is definitely confusing me.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Wait what? Season ONE? Did they delay it 1 years or 3 years? I remember watching season 1 in 2018. Did they change the name of the circuit or something and this is a new rebooted masters?

I don't even remember the contestants from way back then in 2018, is that why life coach is coming back, was he a finalist? There isn't even a single card in the game that's the same as back then. Seems really strange to pick up now after so long.

Sorry I don't follow the Gwent esports as much as I used to, so this is definitely confusing me.

Me, im the opposite, regarding esports - i've been playing Gwent since October '16, the beginning of closed beta, but i didnt pay attention to esports during the betas, only after HC.

I said this event was delayed over a year because it was scheduled for early last year, then the COVID hit and this live event got delayed, while season 2 Opens and Masters happened online throughout the year.

But you're right, i think the opens and qualifiers for Master #1 were in 2018, some of them still in beta i think, and continued in 2019. And i agree its silly to have this event now when the game has changed so much since then, but i guess its better than being cancelled, and the contestants still deserve a chance to win the big prizepool, even though some will have to relearn the game, maybe they wont even like it (i still prefer the beta).

Yeah most of the Gwent pro players from back then are not even playing anymore. Lifecoach made a long video about how dissappointed he was with Homecoming Gwent, and how he thought all the strategy and potential that Gwent had was gone.

I guess it makes sense that Lifecoach is back if he's still on the season 1 finalist list and CDPR invited him back to finish it all.

PS I preferred Beta Gwent way better as well.

Last edited:
People instantly started speculating this was going to happen when Lifecoach returned to the game last week or so, and the news is not particularly surprising to me.

A Reddit user has compiled a list of who the participants will (or at least, should) be:

Damn what a line-up! Those are all the greatest Gwent players I remember. This masters tournament might even revitalize Gwent esports to levels of viewership we saw in Beta, I mean everybody loves Lifecoach right?

I'm definitely going to watch, even if it's mostly for nostalgia.

People instantly started speculating this was going to happen when Lifecoach returned to the game last week or so, and the news is not particularly surprising to me.
Lifecoach is giving us another life lesson: people change their minds. :coolstory:

"1/2 Hi guys :) I will not participate in World Masters, since I have been inactive for quite a while and believe that I should not take the slot away from sb who is dedicated, active and passionate for Gwent at the moment as Hanachan." Lifecoach

A year is a long time, and 2020 also changed way more than an average year would have.
True. Also he qualified to the tournament and deserves to be competing.

However, I still find mildly amusing his life coach attitude and the moral high ground taken during his German streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom