Hoping for Third Person option soon for consoles

+
Love the game, the world is absolutely stunning. It just makes ZERO sense to make a RPG without being able to see the character you created in game play. Takes the immersion out for me. I really hope CDPR is working on a Third person option for consoles.

Love the game, the world is absolutely stunning. It just makes ZERO sense to make a RPG without being able to see the character you created in game play. Takes the immersion out for me. I really hope CDPR is working on a Third person option for consoles.
I don't want to break your hopes, but I don't think they work to add a thrid person view, nor plan to add it anyway, whatever the platform.
("Immersion" is subjective, In my case, I'm more immersed in first person than any kind of third person. And above all, the game was announced and sale as a "first person view only", so... you knew what you paying for)

Really, really doubt it's going to happen.

Regarding immersion, first-person was chosen to increase that and enhace the sense of the world you inhabit in game. We also have full body awareness, which helps even more.

I admit, I would enjoy a hybrid system - kind of like how Deus Ex Human Revolution handled it when Adam takes cover in stealth - but RPGs have been made first-person only since the MS DOS days, and does not detract from the experience.

nc_01

Forum regular
I hope this will never happen. For me TPP removes immersion completely. I'm really happy that CDPR was brave enough to go for 1st person. I can't imagine an RPG without it. So please do not change it!!!

I don't want to break your hopes, but I don't think they work to add a thrid person view, nor plan to add it anyway, whatever the platform.
("Immersion" is subjective, In my case, I'm more immersed in first person than any kind of third person. And above all, the game was announced and sale as a "first person view only", so... you knew what you paying for)
I hope this will never happen. For me TPP removes immersion completely. I'm really happy that CDPR was brave enough to go for 1st person. I can't imagine an RPG without it. So please do not change it!!!

Really, really doubt it's going to happen.

Regarding immersion, first-person was chosen to increase that and enhace the sense of the world you inhabit in game. We also have full body awareness, which helps even more.

I admit, I would enjoy a hybrid system - kind of like how handled it when Adam takes cover in stealth - but RPGs have been made first-person only since the MS DOS days, and does not detract from the experience.
Deus Ex Human Revolution is a great example that would have been amazing in Cyberpunk! Yes RPG's do exist in First just as they do in Third. I just prefer seeing the Character I am living with in game, makes it far more immersive to me. CDPR promoted Third Person cutscenes in V's apt in the 2018 gameplay reveal
at the very least that would of been nice not sure why that was ditched. Love your Hybrid thought, Deus Ex Human Revolution did it well! Just my preference to each their own.

CDPR promoted Third Person cutscenes in V's apt in the 2018 gameplay reveal
You see third person cutscen yes (promotional material...), but if you watch the video, at the beginning, CDPR clearly indicate that the game is "only" in first person (1:56 on the video):
"Cyberpunk 2077 is a first person role-playing game. This perspective enables us to maximize your immersion"
Cyberpunk.jpg
So it was clear, far from release that Cyberpunk will be a first person only game... So they keep their word, didn't promise anything else and you should have known before the release what you will buy > a first person role-playing game ;)

You see third person cutscen yes (promotional material...), but if you watch the video, at the beginning, CDPR clearly indicate that the game is "only" in first person (1:56 on the video):
"Cyberpunk 2077 is a first person role-playing game. This perspective enables us to maximize your immersion"
View attachment 11318843
So it was clear, far from release that Cyberpunk will be a first person only game... So they keep their word, didn't promise anything else and you should have known before the release what you will buy > a first person role-playing game ;)
Haha well aware it was a first person game, knew it when I purchased the game, (my wishful thinking seeing V in the Apt like in the gameplay demo) didn't ask for a refund played through 2 times already and enjoy it, not delusional. Playing again now on 1.6 loving it. AGAIN It would have been nice to see our V in APT as she was in the promotional gameplay vid. Never said CDPR lied about anything. As I stated "at the very least that would of been nice not sure why that was ditched" Ditched meaning the Idea of seeing V in the APT, and again that would have been nice. CDPR put out a official listing this youtuber explains it well
This Is why I Posted hoping for this to ring true. Whether it happens remains to be seen, 3rd person anything besides riding a motorcycle would be a great addition.

This Is why I Posted hoping for this to ring true. Whether it happens remains to be seen, 3rd person anything besides riding a motorcycle would be a great addition.
I beleive since release somes ask/suggest/want a third person view but it's just my opinion (who know) but I don't think that CDPR will ever add a third person view... That's their own "vision" of the game (like it was on TW3, only providing a third person view), it's just an "artistic" choice and they won't change it.
At least on PC, players can count on modders, but that's all if you ask me :)
(On a side note, the video above is definitly a clickbait video... CDPR never annouced working on third person view...)

I beleive since release somes ask/suggest/want a third person view but it's just my opinion (who know) but I don't think that CDPR will ever add a third person view... That's their own "vision" of the game (like it was on TW3, only providing a third person view), it's just an "artistic" choice and they won't change it.

(On a side note, the video above is definitly a clickbait video... CDPR never annouced working on third person view...)
One could hope. But not holding my breath. :)

I strongly Disagree with this, for one reason only.

I like 1st person, I think it works, I tried the TPP mod on PC and 1.) didn't use it much 2.) the mod broke my camera randomly at times 3.) don't miss it very much after having uninstalled it. BUT I don't "wish they never add" proper TPP, even if WE prefer FPP, I'm not against them giving the option to others, I may even use it from time to time if it's not something that breaks the game. There is nothing wrong with giving player a choice to play how they prefer assuming it can be done, and the option of perspective stays with player choice.

Having said that. I do not think it should be a "High Priority" that takes resources away from other things. This was envisioned, marketed and sold as a FPP game, and there is also nothing wrong with that, and sticking to the original plan. I just don't think there is any harm in giving fans something they asked for, as long as it does not detract from the more important work. Besides regardless of if we use it, it's never bad to have options.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is a great example that would have been amazing in Cyberpunk! Yes RPG's do exist in First just as they do in Third. I just prefer seeing the Character I am living with in game, makes it far more immersive to me. CDPR promoted Third Person cutscenes in V's apt in the 2018 gameplay reveal
at the very least that would of been nice not sure why that was ditched. Love your Hybrid thought, Deus Ex Human Revolution did it well! Just my preference to each their own.
No they didn't and even if they did, all the trailers and promotions leading up to release were in FP. At this point you're beating a dead horse with this. It's time to move on.

For a fast paces shooter, there would be nothing immersive about TPP. The character models would just look silly moving at high speed and waving your arms around. Most ppl who tried the TPP mod woke up to that realization.

Also, as a human you don't see in TPP so as far as immersion goes, first person is the closest to what the human experience would be.

I strongly Disagree with this, for one reason only.

I like 1st person, I think it works, I tried the TPP mod on PC and 1.) didn't use it much 2.) the mod broke my camera randomly at times 3.) don't miss it very much after having uninstalled it. BUT I don't "wish they never add" proper TPP, even if WE prefer FPP, I'm not against them giving the option to others, I may even use it from time to time if it's not something that breaks the game. There is nothing wrong with giving player a choice to play how they prefer assuming it can be done, and the option of perspective stays with player choice.

I agree it should be an OPTION. More options = better. Some people just can't play first-person games. It makes them motion sick. The only reason the mod causes problems is that it's a mod and the game wasn't designed for it.

Having said that. I do not think it should be a "High Priority" that takes resources away from other things. This was envisioned, marketed and sold as a FPP game.

No it wasn't. It was envisioned and marketed at first as being able to play either way. At some point, they released a press release that said they were removing the option to play in the third person for immersion reasons, but this was also around the time they started to lie about the state and content of the game. The actual reason they removed the option to play in third person was probably more for technical reasons.

They were already falling behind and getting everything working in 3rd and 1st person was just too much work.

As I said before The Witcher 3 is the game that put CDPR's name on the map, and that's a completely 3rd person game. I've never once seen or heard anyone say that The Witcher 3 being in 3rd person killed their immersion.

Guest 3847602

It was envisioned and marketed at first as being able to play either way. At some point, they released a press release that said they were removing the option to play in the third person for immersion reasons, but this was also around the time they started to lie about the state and content of the game.
Wrong. They never talked about the option of switching to TPP in gameplay. Never, ever, ever...
This is from 2018:
https://www.eurogamer.net/cd-projekt-explains-why-it-went-with-first-person-for-cyberpunk-2077
What CDPR did talk about early on are occasional TPP cutscenes. When their plans changed, they said so publicly.
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-cutscenes-will-apparently-be-first-person/

No it wasn't. It was envisioned and marketed at first as being able to play either way. At some point, they released a press release that said they were removing the option to play in the third person for immersion reasons, but this was also around the time they started to lie about the state and content of the game. The actual reason they removed the option to play in third person was probably more for technical reasons.

This is not correct, there were several announced features that were removed before launch, Wall Running and the Metro system being the 2 big ones, "TPP Gameplay" was not one of them. The earliest gameplay marketing was in FPP, some Trailers showed a "Default" male and female V in cinematics that which obviously as "cinematic Trailers" were not done exclusively in FPP, but CDPR clarified those cinematic trailers were created for marketing and that the game would be in FPP. At no point did they ever show or mention TPP in actual gameplay.

And again, I'm not against the option, and if they add it properly, I'd probably use it the same way I do in FO, just walking around exploring the city, enjoy the view, but switch back to FPP for combat which just generally fits the game better IMO. But saying that TPP was promised, is inaccurate.

Wrong. They never talked about the option of switching to TPP in gameplay. Never, ever, ever...
This is from 2018:
https://www.eurogamer.net/cd-projekt-explains-why-it-went-with-first-person-for-cyberpunk-2077
What CDPR did talk about early on are occasional TPP cutscenes. When their plans changed, they said so publicly.
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-cutscenes-will-apparently-be-first-person/
Do you have a "bookmark folder" especially for those links ? :giggle:

Do you have a "bookmark folder" especially for those links ? :giggle:
My guess is yes...

Im also a doubter that TPP will happend but i would not mind it or care tbh. It would require some work. For me it is more important too get V reflecting in the game so i dont feel like a ghost or a vampire. That would require the same amount of work tho since its the animations and so on that prevented this from the start (or thats my guess atleast).

Also this game has been in development for ages so i think they have gone back and forth on the whole TPP/FPP several times. 2018 is very late development tbh. While they have not officialy said anything about TPP it has probably been on the table at some point in development too later be scrapped (either for immersion or time constraints). Just like wallrunning/hacking so on has changed several times i dont really think theres an easy answer to these questions.

Also this game has been in development for ages so i think they have gone back and forth on the whole TPP/FPP several times.
Sure, I remember seeing videos of Cyberpunk in "very early development" state and it was in third person.
Don't ask me where... I don't remember, but I'm sure some saw them too and can find these videos (If we can post them here of course, which is not sure).
But CDPR finally change their mind at some point, which is pretty brave knowing they've never done this before :)

Sure, I remember seeing videos of Cyberpunk in "very early development" state and it was in third person.
Don't ask me where... I don't remember, but I'm sure some saw them too and can find these videos (If we can post them here of course, which is not sure).
But CDPR finally change their mind at some point, which is pretty brave knowing they've never done this before :)
Think that would be against the rules but i know what your talking about. The way they gone about it is pretty cool but at the same time it has problems. Fov is very odd and it feels like the eyes are in the neck of V. I often feel weird after playing so im kinda glad im on PC atleast with the 100 fov.

Sadly proper FPP will be impossible for most games due too screen limitations :D 16x9 (or any other formats tbh) are just way too little to properly simulate real vision.

Top Bottom