How do I re-enable slow-mo moments during combat?

+
I'm using Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition, an overhaul mod, which additionally disables minor slow-motion mid-combat. I'm referring to certain moments, such as when pulling a critical, dismemberment, or certain signs with ornamental slo-mo.

I managed to restore the finisher slo-mo on the last kill in a fight, but the rest I have no idea. I tried fiddling with the damage management script and player state script by searching for the keywords and seeing if the feature is disabled there. No luck.

Anybody willing to guide me through it? Help would be much appreciated.

Sidenote: How do I prevent Geralt from reverting to normal walking animation mid-combat? Is that an engine limitation?

Last edited:
I use EE as well and I miss sometimes a bit of this feature, how you manage to achieve the slow mo in last kill? For me would be enough. Hope others help you with the rest.

About jogging in combat, I think there's a slider in the mod menu options where you can disable this feature. Don't know exactly cuz I'm using Lazarus as well and sometimes I miss the differences between both.

I use EE as well and I miss sometimes a bit of this feature, how you manage to achieve the slow mo in last kill? For me would be enough. Hope others help you with the rest.

About jogging in combat, I think there's a slider in the mod menu options where you can disable this feature. Don't know exactly cuz I'm using Lazarus as well and sometimes I miss the differences between both.

In order to restore the last kill slow-mo you simpy need to recover its vanilla section in the r4player script file. I don't recall what it's called exactly, but you'll be good as long as you search up "slow motion" or "slomo" with CTRL+F and look up a section that starts with some combo of "finisher" and "last". Simply copy-paste this section from the vanilla file and you're good.

As to combat walking, I am familiar with the Combat Stance option in the mod's setting. That's not it. Geralt does have the proper animation, but occasionally starts walking instead, and yes, I am still in combat when that happens. You don't experience anything like that? Perhaps you haven't noticed? It tends to happen especially after pressing the parry button (right click for me).

I'll look in to it, thank you!

About your problem in combat, don't know, I haven't noticed at all, have you an animation mod perhaps? Seems weird, but I'd recommend you to join EE discord and ask them there. Sometimes they seems to be rude, specially with recent people, but not at all, there are quite good people that would help you, so don't have shame to ask there.

I'll look in to it, thank you!

About your problem in combat, don't know, I haven't noticed at all, have you an animation mod perhaps? Seems weird, but I'd recommend you to join EE discord and ask them there. Sometimes they seems to be rude, specially with recent people, but not at all, there are quite good people that would help you, so don't have shame to ask there.

Will do, you're welcome, and thanks! :D

Top Bottom