How old are you ?

+
genNighty said:
Of course. I'll try to make a cake - Triss. Which part of her do you want?
I'll decide when you throw the party at Hairy Bear. Let's end the "part of Triss" conversation here (for now) before some moderator comes and snips us.

e-ahmet said:
I'm 22. I don't know jack about the Scandinavian history nor Finland's foreign affairs but is there a reason why you have mandatory military service? I imagine Northern Europe should be one of the most peaceful part of the world (°_°)'j
The main reason is Russia. If you look at a world map we are right next to it.. Even when Finland was a part of Sweden (till the end of 18th century or something) they used us as a shield against Russia.Finland and Russia had a bloody war in WW2. Stalin planned to occupy Finland in a few months but couldn't accomplish that even in 5 years.. Just look at the casualties of Winter War 1939-1940:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9cHkMILP4_A/Su8p3GFJJOI/AAAAAAAABHc/yywQlkVuUD4/s800/fdccax.jpgThe relationships with our neighboring countries have never been better but I guess it's always best to prepare for the worst.. We've payed too much just to ignore that..Hope this clarifies things.. :)

eskiMoe said:
The main reason is Russia...
I actually did look at the map before posting previously but didn't notice Finland has a Russian border. I had checked the map on English Wikipedia with no country names. (I know, I fail at geography xD). Anyway, that's a good reason to have mandatory military service. Thanks for the explanation.The Winter War statistics looks impressive btw. A heroic victory on your side but a crushing defeat for the enemy.

e-ahmet said:
The Winter War statistics looks impressive btw. A heroic victory on your side but a crushing defeat for the enemy.
Yeah. Those numbers are hard to believe sometimes.. But large number of Russian troops that were sent to Finland were from around the black sea and were not used to the freezing atmosphere and didn't know how to fight in Finnish forests.. They weren't equipped properly and their battle tactics were more suitable for open terrain warfare.. Such companies were often encircled and destroyed by our guerrilla fighters..I guess it would be better to end this discussion, little off-topic :p

@cassandra199?You an elf? Or are you with the Lodge? You surely aren't a renegade sorceress , are you? Then I'll have to report you.

Vilgefortze said:
@cassandra199?You an elf? Or are you with the Lodge? You surely aren't a renegade sorceress , are you? Then I'll have to report you.
I do believe our dear Cassandra is a sorceress who is 199 but claims she is 34 and who probably looks 20.I wouldn`t report her just yet as she does a pretty good job of livening up the forum and besides she might just turn you into a toad frog or worse a drowner.

Turn Vilgefortz of the Chapter of Mages into a toad? I think not. But don't worry. I won't report her. Those b*tches in the Lodge have been baying for my blood, since the Thanedd incident.

Figured I should say how old I am. I missed this thread when I first joined the forums. lolI turned 30 on Nov. 13 :).

Seeker said:
Well time to update myself im 50 and still a gamer :p
Yea, that's the irony with this topic... People have to post yearly to keep their age up to date.So I will suprise everyone... I'm born 1989... Do the math, or check my profile.

Juuuhan said:
Juuuhan said:
Yea, that's the irony with this topic... People have to post yearly to keep their age up to date.So I will suprise everyone... I'm born 1989... Do the math, or check my profile.
don`t have to mathicize cause i`m the knowing one ! In all honesty though i do know your age but only because my son was born the same year

JohanS said:
JohanS said:
Well here more irony for you then when you where born I was out partying (and I'm not going to detail on that)

Seeker said:
Well here more irony for you then when you where born I was out partying (and I'm not going to detail on that)
Heh, my dad did the same thing at the time you were born, so I consider you just a child anyway.

Vilgefortze said:
@TommySo....does/did your son play the Witcher?
God love him ! he tries from time to time but in all honesty he`s a console player.It`s funny but he was watching me play once or twice and of course he just had to try and of course i just happened to be in the swamp ...at night so i got up and let him take control...Well he started playing and lasted all of about 2 minutes in the 3 island area. But at the same time i tried consoling on his PS3 on Army of 2 i think ..... just too damn many buttons for me and i think i lasted about a minute before i bought it so it all evens out i guess !

@TommyIt would've been nice if your son played Witcher too. Then we would have both father and son on the same forum.BTW which part did your son see you play? I hope you weren't doing anything...inappropriate... at the time. You know...like the dryad... :p

Top Bottom