How to fix Crashing Issue

+
Hi guys,
My game was crashing when I tried to launch it from Steam and by an icon on my desktop, so I reinstalled it a few times but it didn't help.
The fix for this problem was simple. Just try to remove CD Projekt Red and REDEngine folders from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local.
It helped me and now I can launch and play the game.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-12-10 144620.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-12-10 144620.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 101
After patch 2.0 launched, I could start the game the next day (at patch day, I had to download it and didn't start it afterwards). From day three after patch 2.0 launch on to now, I am not able to start the game any more. There were no changes to my pc except maybe the regular driver updates. 300+ hours of pre patch 2.0 gameplay without any big problems (maybe 5-10 gamecrashes while playing in that time window), and now the game won't start.

I am using Win 10, Steam Launcher, no mods ever. Removed the "CD Projekt Red" and "REDEngine" folders from AppData\Local, but this fix didn't work for me. Watchdog timeout all the time after 120 seconds. I am thankful for every hint how to get into the game again.

Using display driver uninstaller and re-installing Nvidia display driver solved the problem for me.

1. Backup your data.
2. Download the latest display driver from the respective website.
3. Download and unzip ddu (Wagnardsoft).
4. Restart Windows in Safe Mode. Look up the net for instruction.
5. Run ddu. PC will be restartet automatically.
6. Install the downloaded latest display driver.
7. Restart pc to be safe.
8. Enjoy Cyberpunk again.

Top Bottom