I am saving my first playthrough for when the game is fixed

+
For me its not the first playthrough really, but somewhere between the first and second.On my first run I went straight for story, so missed pretty much everything 'out there'

Now on my new "main" run, I go slow .. reeaaal slooooow.

For me its not the first playthrough really, but somewhere between the first and second.On my first run I went straight for story, so missed pretty much everything 'out there'

Now on my new "main" run, I go slow .. reeaaal slooooow.
I like to do that on these types of games but all it takes is something to break the immersion for me and it ruins the experience.

Yeah, I'm up to the point where my next main task is to go to Embers, which I gathered was the point of no return so I've been dawdling since, been playing sporadically on my ps4. Got a ps5 a couple of weeks ago and I'm kinda waiting for this next patch and then I'll do a bit more side content. Don't want to finish the game before the next gen patch is out, because then I'll be more likely to dive straight into another playthrough. I'm not great at repetition, tend to read a book or watch a film once and I'm sort of the same with games, I was really excited about CP2077 (not because of hype, because it's cyberpunk) so I want to get the best experience of night city that I can.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else was preserving their 1st gameplay playthrough or it was just me? I would be interested to know if you have been tempted to dive in yet? So far nothing really makes me feel like i'm missing out.
There should be 1.3 released very soon, so waiting now makes sense. However it fully depends about each player if will see the game interesting enough. Technically (PC) is Cyberpunk 2077 working well enough and I personally had not any critical issue during more as 650 hours spent in Night City ... playing smoothly in 1080p in ultra details on PC built 3y ago. Is CP2077 perfect game? ... it is not. But can player have fun playing it? ... for sure yes, but this is completelly personal matter. Many players want that or this, amount of demands is huge (and if this is missing then game is called garbage etc.) ... CDPR is still working to make this game as good as they want, is good to keep this in mind. Personally I think that who do not likes Cyberpunk now, will never like this game no matter how much further work will CDPR put into it.

I already finished the game 3 times with 3 different endings. There are still 2 (or 3?) endings that I'm missing as far as I know. I decided that I'll do my 4th playthrough after the free DLC hits and my 5th (most likely last) after the game reaches the end status (like W3 with all paid DLCs).

Yeah, I'm up to the point where my next main task is to go to Embers, which I gathered was the point of no return so I've been dawdling since, been playing sporadically on my ps4. Got a ps5 a couple of weeks ago and I'm kinda waiting for this next patch and then I'll do a bit more side content. Don't want to finish the game before the next gen patch is out, because then I'll be more likely to dive straight into another playthrough. I'm not great at repetition, tend to read a book or watch a film once and I'm sort of the same with games, I was really excited about CP2077 (not because of hype, because it's cyberpunk) so I want to get the best experience of night city that I can.
This totally makes sense to me i only like to do things once as well but with this game depending on narrative and how that may change in the future it will need to make me want to explore other dialogue choices, i don't know maybe i have asked for too much from a title but i just considered CDPR reputation and quality of narrative in the past as a point of reference.

This totally makes sense to me i only like to do things once as well but with this game depending on narrative and how that may change in the future it will need to make me want to explore other dialogue choices, i don't know maybe i have asked for too much from a title but i just considered CDPR reputation and quality of narrative in the past as a point of reference.
Yeah, I was hoping so too, watched a bit of Pawel Sasko's stream and he does suggest that dialogue choices affect story later but not necessarily in an immediate or obvious way. As in they tried not to make each choice a black and white story choice. Also there seem to be five or six endings (been trying really hard to dodge spoilers but not always easy on forums) if the choices are so subtle then maybe it will take a few playthroughs to try different things.

What I will say is that the game currently isn't broken, you can still play it and enjoy it. It definitely has its idiosyncrasies but then most do though! I haven't slowed my playthrough because it's unplayable (I did in Dec/Jan) played most of it since the March patch.

Well this is only my opinion, but speaking only of the narration, dialogues and characters, CDPR is far ahead of anything i have known so far.
For choices, there are plenty, but not in the way as many expect :)

Having just watched the patch stream for 1.3 I won't be changing my approach. They're still working on the game and I guess we're still essentially in an unofficial unanticipated paid for beta test.
Qudos to the team for finally communicating, keep up the hard work!

Quick followup now that patch 1.3 is out. Patch 1.3 fixed a huge amount of bugs and came with a bunch of UI fixes and QOL improvements too, a great step in the right direction which will in turn make for a better 1st experience for anyone just starting the game out now. I'm still recommending people wait for a few more big patches though for more big things to get fleshed out and hopefully the game starts to feel more of that masterpiece chocolate sauce. :) For those who eagerly anticipate it and want to dive in sooner than later, there's a tonne of fun to be had if one has a good bug tolerance threshold and can enjoy the good despite the quirks. I just finished my 2nd playthrough and both of them were great experiences.

Going to take a break from it for a while tho maybe until the 1st expansion is out or something, should be some fresh excitement and stuff and things. I'm hoping the first expansion has V go on a quest to find out why none of the Pierogi Worlds in the game have vendors working at them nor can you actually buy Pierogies. It's the great tragedy of Night City so epic storyline material. V could investigate this and uncover some evil conspiracy with the illuminati involved who are stealing all of the pierogies or something. That's my #1 request anyway, but I'd even be happy for pierogi DLC (with bacon and onions please!) :p

Top Bottom