I few problems I noticed as a disabled gamer and just in general

+
colourblind mode are too rigid in that yes it is a simplistic solution. i turned on protanopia and still the menus are all in a slightly lighter shade of red which still makes it hard to red. Then the shade of blue in the subtitles from the protanopia made it impossible to read the subtitles of a conversation because it would disappear into the dark colours of the background even if there is that subtitle opacity but both do not make it any easier to read subtitles. it would be nice to just have the bog standard white text on a solid black background for subtitles or just white text for talking or picking up items as blue in a dark alley literally feels like i might as well not try to interact with an object i could maybe pick up. also the highlight aura thing around an object also being a dark blue really is hard to spot so perhaps have a semi transparent colour hue over the the item would help make spotting the given item much easier to spot.

next is the size of the HUD elements, i wear glasses as it is but alot of the times im scratching my head on trying to read red text but also struggle by squinting my eyes and have to lean very close to the screen to try to read the HUD and let alone actions you can do like [F]talk to some random person in a dark alley that are in a dark shade of blue because of protanopia option being turned on the text might as well not be showing at that point.

third issue i have found is the size of the mouse cursor/reticle on screen when a weapon is holstered...it just would be nice not having to spend half a minute trying to aim the dot cursor to pick up/be given the option to interact with the item i want to pick up or ingame screen i want to select. like give me an option to pick what kind of reticle i have on screen for when the weapons are holstered would be nice.

TL;DR there needs to be more options to given to those of us that are colourblind and perhaps use the method of selecting colours we want for subtitles to when we talk/interact with a person. Also more HUD options that make things easier on people who do not have 20/20 eyesight as it is a struggle. I do love the game but it is currently a struggle to get along with the HUD and the colour alternatives given to things when you turn on colourblind mode then theres all the red in the menus that really are difficult to read and personally i hope there's a way for normal sighted people to keep the game as it is and a better set of options that would help people who are colourblind.
I do want cyberpunk 2077 to be a success so it is shameful to see that there are fundamental problems which hinder the game reaching to more people especially when the game look as amazing as it does even on my laptop which only has a 1060.

Top Bottom