I hate the downgrade in reduction in manual save slots.

+
I installed the outer worlds this summer, because I couldn't wait another game and all my save files from 2019 (I think it was released there) were still there.

I googled it, no, there is no limit. There are some games which do not use steam cloud. Some games have their own cloud, Ubisoft games for example. He could deactivate cloud for that game or delete them himself and don't remember.

Might be… a quick google search also shows that many user seem to have lost their cloud backups on steam for various reasons…

I installed the outer worlds this summer, because I couldn't wait another game and all my save files from 2019 (I think it was released there) were still there.

I googled it, no, there is no limit. There are some games which do not use steam cloud. Some games have their own cloud, Ubisoft games for example. He could deactivate cloud for that game or delete them himself and don't remember.
There is "limit" of size per game which is different for each game (so it's not "limit free" or unlimited). Just for example, but some game only have 40MB...
Total space varies depending on title, for instance it's 100 MB for Half-Life 2 and 1024 MB for Team Fortress 2.
Beside, I know someone on this forum, who lost all of his Fallout 4 saves... For no reason, Steam just decided to remove all the saves without any warning. With a little research, you should be able to find his post(s).
The worst, it's because if there is no save on the cloud, there are great chance that the next time Steam will synch, it will also delete your local saves... nice!

There is "limit" of size per game which is different for each game (so it's not "limit free" or unlimited). Just for example, but some game only have 40MB...

Beside, I know someone on this forum, who lost all of his Fallout 4 saves... For no reason, Steam just decided to remove all the saves without any warning. With a little research, you should be able to find his post(s).
The worst, it's because if there is no save on the cloud, there are great chance that the next time Steam will synch, it will also delete your local saves... nice!
Yeah I also read that people had that issue - older saves overwritten newer ones :0

I am using steam for many many years and haven't had anything like that. Any game I reinstall still has all saves. In the case if the saves in the database are deleted, but they are present locally any database would immediately throw the merge conflict and ask which of these 2 do you want to use. Happened to me, when I wanted to reset the progress of the game, which saves it in the cloud.

Like I do really think that these people did something horribly wrong to get the effect.

Top Bottom