[Idea] V for the Mayor!

+
Since the elections are ongoing, and apparently rigged by the AI, why couldn't V decide to enter the elections for the sake of it?

I mean, only to bust the AI plot. That could expand the story with Peralezes.
Its a good idea, they mention every day in this game how bad night city is, V could run the city as a mayor. I mean they also had side missions with Mr and Mrs paralez where V found out about the shits happen in the politics their. Buuuut maybe this everything in the second or third expansion(dlc). Since V has 6 months to live, it wouldnt make sense to Start something in this area, they should go first With the cure and the relationship With panam/Judy then they can come back to the City to finish Business and go deep in the Dirty poltics….

cdProjekt pleeassssseeeeee heaarrr ouuuur voiceessss let v Not die have him in a Good relationship With panam Judy, let Night City become better. Giveee usss a goooodd ennddd for the Love of goddd

The Peralez side quest was probably the best side quest in the game. I wouldn't mind one bit seeing that expanded on. CP77 isn't a save the world type of game, but I'd welcome any new additional content, of course.

The quest is good because you aren't expecting it. You get the mission from Peralez and you don't really trust them at first. Then you find out what's going on and you are like "wow!" That's pretty creepy.

But then that interesting side quest just drops and they ghost you and that's all you get.

"[IDEA] V FOR THE MAYOR!"

"Since the elections are ongoing, and apparently rigged by the AI, why couldn't V decide to enter the elections for the sake of it?"

Because V's dying? In order to stand a chance, you need to be in perfect good health. Once your voters learn you're dying, they'll abandon you and your political party. Probably sue your asses too.

Besides, I wonder who would vote for V, a simple totally unknown merc, who earn money by accepting contracts from Fixers (more or less lawful), maybe researched by Arasaka/Militech (if you help Royce) and also unofficialy inplied in Saburo death.
Sound quite unlikely even if V was in good health :)
That sounds like an unexpected turn of events could land V in an unsuspecting TV show where V would get all the attention and accept to run as a candidate...

Next!

Since V has 6 months to live,
Nah, V doesn't know that at the time.
Besides, when one Mayor dies, there come the elections again. ;) That's not a reason.

And, yeah, the way I see the plot developing is V not winning the elections, because AI is better at that.
Comment from V: Sigh, ... easy come, easy go.

V cannot run for Mayor because even if you won't win you will betray Peralez trust and he will not ask for your help in a future expansion ( although i have lot of doubts that there is a rogue AI behind all that, just look who benefits from Peralez as a major)

V cannot run for Mayor because even if you won't win you will betray Peralez trust and he will not ask for your help in a future expansion ( although i have lot of doubts that there is a rogue AI behind all that, just look who benefits from Peralez as a major)
"No hard feelings, V"

It's politics, not an ethics comittee.

That sounds like an unexpected turn of events could land V in an unsuspecting TV show where V would get all the attention and accept to run as a candidate...

Next!
So let's imagine, I see a young guy/girl on TV :
- Who was totally unknow few days/hours ago.
- Who is certainly implied in some very suspicious cases like the murder of the president of the biggest corporation in the world (even though he/she is innocent)
- Who has no funding.
- Who has no campaign program.
- Who presents him/herself like that, as a candidate for mayor on a whim.
- Who come from to the Badlands or to the bottom of the city or simply banned by his/her Corporation.

And with that, I'm like "great, I'm going to vote for him/her, that's a great idea !"

Knowing that one must surely have supports (financial, influential and powerful people) to be a candidate, it is not just any gonk who can claim to be a candidate for mayor. And at the last news, V does not have one.

It seem to be very unlikely, for me at least.... But yeah, that's just my point of view :)

Peralez looked like a solid candidate once you got to know him. He just had that whole mind control problem. lol

Then he won, and it looked like by the end of the game he was being consumed by paranoia (which is understandable considering his situation). You get ghosted by him then at the end of the game, you get this rando voicemail from him where he is accusing his wife of being in on the plot. LOL

I would like to have continued trying to help him. For me it felt like the quest ended too soon. Put yourself in Peralez's shoes. If you were him, and you hired a merc who did right by you and uncovered something huge, and damn creepy... wouldn't you want to keep that merc around? Investigate further? I would, and it looks like Peralez could certainly afford it. Why wouldn't he?

So let's imagine, I see a young guy/girl on TV :
- Who was totally unknow few days/hours ago.
- Who is certainly implied in some very suspicious cases like the murder of the president of the biggest corporation in the world (even though he/she is innocent)
- Who has no funding.
- Who has no campaign program.
- Who presents him/herself like that, as a candidate for mayor on a whim.
- Who come from to the Badlands or to the bottom of the city or simply banned by his/her Corporation.

And with that, I'm like "great, I'm going to vote for him/her, that's a great idea !"

Knowing that one must surely have supports (financial, influential and powerful people) to be a candidate, it is not just any gonk who can claim to be a candidate for mayor. And at the last news, V does not have one.

It seem to be very unlikely, for me at least.... But yeah, that's just my point of view :)
Yupp, out of the blue. V. One TV show changed it all. And V just happens to be liked by the people of the NC, "and that is all that couts, if you believe your Stan. We'll vote for you, V!"

Its cyberpunk politics, a bullet seems more plausible...just look how arasaka family handles a change of chairman of the board.
That's just the language my V speaks actually. So... I don't think anyone will be stupid enough to send anyone at V more than once if at all. Else, V will be the only candidate left in the end... Remember, it's the merc who raided the Arasaka Tower single-handedly, killing most if not everyone inside, and lived to tell the tale. Those politicians would have better chances up against a couple of Adam Smashers, with a dozen of Odas joined up. I think Peralez/AI would want V out of the race, not dead.

Last edited:
That's just the language my V speaks actually. So... I don't think anyone will be stupid enough to send anyone at V more than once if at all. Else, V will be the only candidate left in the end... Remember, it's the merc who raided the Arasaka Tower single-handedly, killing most if not everyone inside, and lived to tell the tale. Those politicians would have better chances up against a couple of Adam Smashers, with a dozen of Odas joined up. I think Peralez/AI would want V out of the race, not dead
Applying that logic, no story expansion is possible in this game around lvl 20-25(or many rpgs at top level) because you are a demigod of destruction regardless you did solo ending or not... at some point you will need to do an "act" of faith and accept the story incongruence (hello shadowrun shadows of hong kong, i did beat that demon god and you knocked me out with a police gas canister).

Yeah i'd love to have the Peralez's quest continue but surely not like this. Not obly would V need as was said a lot of supporters to enlist but he's dying and he should be in hiding from Arasaka. What would be more expected would be that from act 2 onward he should change apartment and be more "in hiding"

Applying that logic, no story expansion is possible in this game around lvl 20-25(or many rpgs at top level) because you are a demigod of destruction regardless you did solo ending or not... at some point you will need to do an "act" of faith and accept the story incongruence (hello shadowrun shadows of hong kong, i did beat that demon god and you knocked me out with a police gas canister).
At this point, it doesn't look like you even follow, or are at the slightest able/willing to follow what I am saying. And that is the first step if you want to talk about "my logic" (how rude). Nvm. I think you just don't see your V as running for Mayor, and players like you should have the choice to never go down that path.

Why do you folks think that V being able to run for a Major would impact you? Just turn down the option when you appear in the TV show. Or don't appear at all. You will get 'Quest failed: V for the Mayor' and that's that.

Though, you'd do good not to expect everyone to agree with you. Gee.

I think you just don't see your V as running for Mayor, and players like you should have the choice to never go down that path.
I would say, that its not just me who doesn´t see it. But since its your post and idea and i don´t want to summon moderation, I just unwatched the thread to don´t disturb anymore.

That 'you' was a plural. English language...
From my side I apologize too. I respect your suggestion and your wish to have it in the game.
The argument I was trying to make is that for me it wouldn't make sense with the story, so even if the content was optional I would not like the game to have material that doesn't make sense the same way I criticize the material THAT IS in the game that doesn't make sense - V walking around freely and at ease after the Kompeki plaza situation.

If getting recognized by Arasaka is a problem, there's always plastic surgery. They don't know V's true identity.

1631364866096.jpeg

Top Bottom