Important Update

+
Start from minute 4:18 and then I'll leave it here because it's getting ridiculous and i also understand your need to back up who's paying you.
This trailer end it's pure b.s. But you're welcome with a different opinion of course.
We can't deny the fact that this marketing campaign, how it was unclear, it has many many many many users scratching their heads, and might even have damaged CDPR image, so there might be some truth in this I suppose, unless thousands of people are complete idiots.
Not considering that MANYparts of this trailer are from a cutscene that is a skip forward, unplayable on retail.

Point of it is that at every moment, CP77 marketing was disconnected completely from the final product on release day, and no one sane of mind can deny this.

Plus I'll tell my customers that their dream for a dialysis machine we produce and program in our factory, doesn't really work as advertised and they might not get any benefit out of it. That's just a dream we might not be able to fulfill.

Starting from 4:18...and I'd like to see one aspect of that which is not reflecting the gameplay. Anything at all.

Can you choose from a huge number of clothing options to customize your character? Yes.
Can you select multiple vehicles to own and drive? Yes.
Are there multiple, optional activities that V can engage in? Yes.
Are there various romance options? Yes.
Are there tons of things to spend V's money on? Yes.

What's the issue if they decided to use some alternate shots or cut footage for a trailer? This is done all the time for games, films, and television. 1.) It prevents spoilers. 2.) It still sets the correct tone and mood. 3.) It's a great way to utilize good work that people spent time on since it may not be used for anything in-game.

I guess you're focusing on the visuals? Almost all of those scenes are still in the game -- most taken directly from the montage that takes place after the tutorial. It's called establishing the piece. It's the same thing as any intro video for any game ever created -- and here, it's done using the actual, in-game engine.

I'm not sure what it is that you're arguing. Games should not be allowed to use cinematics to establish their worlds and set a tone and mood? Okay. I guess every, single game ever created that used a non-interactive sequence was lying to their players and should be reconsidered for such obvious, malicious deception. (There goes Mass Effect and Dragon Age, every Call of Duty ever released, any RPG or adventure game that used pre-rendered videos for certain moments, RTS games like Starcraft or Dawn of War that told their stories through cutscenes... The Witcher 3 must be totally bogus, as well! I mean, clearly Geralt and Vesimir were wearing cloaks in almost every video released to advertise the game -- and there's not one cloak in the whole game! The integrity of the series has been compromised.)

I think the major focus here is that you happen to dislike the game. Which is fine! But that doesn't invalidate the game's achievements, nor make it "guilty" of not living up to your personal expectations and preferences.

Guest 4406876

As I said, I leave it there, dodgy as hell. But of course, I didn't happen to like the game. Of course dodgy marketing tactics aren't absolutely a thing in CP77. Everything was honest as hell, especially for console players.
"surpisingly well"
12 fps.
On a console
that's the same for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, I leave it there, dodgy as hell. But of course, I didn't happen to like the game, and I guess more than 40 years of boots in the ass let me smell shit from a mile but somebody is still trying to convince me that's strawberry cake. And I still get kicked in the ass btw, as we all can see. Of course dodgy marketing tactics aren't absolutely a thing in CP77. Everything was honest as hell, especially for console players.
"surpisingly well"
12 fps.
On a console
that's the same for everyone

They are working to fix it, so, what your point? I cant understand, really. Im playing nice here, all in hight with a low gen computer.

My point is that the product advertised is not what has been sold. Not hard to see/understand.

But that is the obvious and assumed by the CD. That done, we have two options, wait for the patches or not wait (one of them, maintaining a certain pressure, in a suggestive and constructive way) so that they include what we want ... the other way ends any dialogue, or turns into complaints about something which is no longer even of interest.

Guest 4406876

But that is the obvious and assumed by the CD. That done, we have two options, wait for the patches or not wait (one of them, maintaining a certain pressure, in a suggestive and constructive way) so that they include what we want ... the other way ends any dialogue, or turns into complaints about something which is no longer even of interest.
Since the devs are obviously working and they can't respond (nor I would) because it's absolutely unthinkable to asnwer every single person what I am doing, and many others, is to mantain a constructive pressure, but not falling as a fanboy because that's not constructive.
They have to really understand the magnitude of this, and come up with something.
I don't really think I never said "Awww OMG I nEeed Moar Boobs or Aw thiS gamE Suckz Balls".
That isn't constructive.
Nor is to pretend everything is fine, like some do.
I showed my support by not even thinking to ask for a refund, even if this had 100% case to be done.
That's all the support I can give them, along with the truth of what I feel as a customer. (and like me, many others).

Since the devs are obviously working and they can't respond (nor I would) because it's absolutely unthinkable to asnwer every single person what I am doing, and many others, is to mantain a constructive pressure, but not falling as a fanboy because that's not constructive.
They have to really understand the magnitude of this, and come up with something.
I don't really think I never said "Awww OMG I nEeed Moar Boobs or Aw thiS gamE Suckz Balls".
That isn't constructive.
Nor is to pretend everything is fine, like some do.

'fan' boy or 'fan' girl or say 'fan' Elephant dont change a fact: we have 2 choices, i write about it up.

Guest 4454648

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.

This is all good and all but I'm sry so say, to regain my full support and trust you guys have to explain how you could release this unfinished game. Don't get me wrong, for the most part the game is good. But it could have been Rockstar quality, that's what makes me so frustrated. If we forget all the bugs for a second. If you guys had put more time in to making dialog, and other animations top notch, that would help sooo much with the immersion. Take a look at RDR2 you know what am talking about.
Post automatically merged:

Please CD PROJEKT RED add a "Toggle Walk" for K&M please. It's immersion-breaking to always jog in the city.
Use a controller, period. This is not Counter Strike.

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.
@Lilayah
You should make this sticky for a while. Else many will miss it :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just disappointed. My mind boggles. What were you working on? PC bugs galore. Base ps4/xbox unplayable. No release for next gen consoles. That 60fps on ps5 with ps4 preset (low crowds) wth? The game looks abysmal on ps5 plus very bugy. I don't think you can come back from that. At least not in my books. “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

I think we're on the same page. So, what you're suggesting is, for example, introducing a sort of "layered" crowd system -- one that would transform assets into 2D models, thus maximizing resources while still providing the backdrop of large crowds. As the player gets closer, the 2D assets would be replaced with 3D models. Or, maybe, they could scale down individual NPC detail in larger 3D crowds. That sort of thing.

While I'm sure such approaches would work to an extent, I also think that doing so has a decided effect on the aesthetic of the game. I'm not sure that type of thing would wind up creating the right type of visual. But -- anything is possible. My guess is that, in the end, they'll simply try to optimize the existing engine as much as possible.

The work was done over many years. The game code and design were begun before TW3 was released. Many of the devs also worked on TW1, 2, and 3, all of which had open-world elements. If I recall correctly, TW3 was lauded for having some of the best open world design in gaming history. (Can't please everyone, though!)

I'm not sure what you're basing your conclusions on. I can assure you that your statements are completely inaccurate. As far as I know, there's no universal system that is used to do open world "correctly", while other approaches are "wrong". I've never encountered laws or policies that dictate how code must be written for this platform versus that platform. And I've never even heard of a studio that was able to build a game "so that it just works"...ever. On any platform. (Especially not when that's the claim.) I'm not sure where you got the sum of 300 million from. The entire cost of CP from the beginning, years ago, to the release was about $100 million. (And that's paying around 1,500 people around the globe for years on end, buying hardware, expanding the offices and studios, paying utilities, managing travel, feeding people, dealing with unexpected expenses. I'm not sure that everyone realizes how much "a million dollars!" is not.)

But if this what you choose to believe, there's really nothing else I or anyone else can say.

And the game was released exactly as it was described. If people imagined that it would be different, based upon assumptions they were making in their minds, or if they were completely disregarding the repeated statements that gameplay demos would not represent the final version of the game -- then that's their bag to sift through.

I think the game is brilliantly done. I'm having a great time. I couldn't play at all for the first week or so because of issues with my system that I had to rectify. Now that I've resolved them, the game runs beautifully. Characters and world building is phenomenal. The story and characters are very engaging. I'm finding lots of options that make for excellent, non-linear roleplaying. Visual bugs especially can be quite distracting, and there are some audio issues I've noticed, but that hardly defines the gameplay. And I'm very confident the issues will be sorted. For people that don't want to wait for that, or that have ongoing technical issues, they are able to get a refund.

It basically boils down now to a series of simple life considerations that always apply. Things are not guaranteed to go the way we want. It is not other people's responsibility to fulfill our hopes and dreams. Nothing is finalized until it's finished. Plans and ideas are not promises. If something disappoints us, we can accept it for what it is, or leave it. If we buy something we're not satisfied with, we can return it.

That's the way it works.
I really appreciate this. I think it's important for people to remember to always be realistic and considerate of what's going on. And absolutely, it's important to remember that everything was a work in progress up to release, subject to change, and such. Especially if it was obvious, expecting a feature that was removed to be there because "it should be there" is not a good excuse. If it wasn't intended, or was removed, then it shouldn't be there. Wishing it was, or hoping it might be later, is better.

That said, there are a few things that were advertised/talked about/hinted at that are simply missing from the game in its current state, but overall, there's a lot to be impressed with, and it's all pretty much there. It's a bit busted, but it's there.

I'm not one to be a "fan" of any particular business/company/franchise/whatever, but following CDPR's previous track record, I don't think there's much to worry about long-term with regards to what's going to get fixed/added/adjusted. I just really think that, in this case, CDPR needs to be a bit more interactive with the community directly while this rough patch is worked through.

I really appreciate this. I think it's important for people to remember to always be realistic and considerate of what's going on. And absolutely, it's important to remember that everything was a work in progress up to release, subject to change, and such. Especially if it was obvious, expecting a feature that was removed to be there because "it should be there" is not a good excuse. If it wasn't intended, or was removed, then it shouldn't be there. Wishing it was, or hoping it might be later, is better.

That said, there are a few things that were advertised/talked about/hinted at that are simply missing from the game in its current state, but overall, there's a lot to be impressed with, and it's all pretty much there. It's a bit busted, but it's there.

I'm not one to be a "fan" of any particular business/company/franchise/whatever, but following CDPR's previous track record, I don't think there's much to worry about long-term with regards to what's going to get fixed/added/adjusted. I just really think that, in this case, CDPR needs to be a bit more interactive with the community directly while this rough patch is worked through.

And I appreciate this. I know there have been a lot of people really pulling to get this game launched. A lot of very tired people that gave their all in a pretty rotten situation with the pandemic going. And they're still there, continuing to pull, trying to make the game as good as it can get.

People are welcome to their own opinions on the game, but what I'm seeing now are two classes of complaints:

1.) Actual issues -- like the last-gen console performance, crashing issues, certain AI functionality that is horribly clunky or non-functional, visual glitches, or people that ordered the game years ago and never received it. Definitely. These are things that are certainly not working as intended, and CDPR has acknowledge all of them.

2.) Subjective issues -- as it's not the studio's responsibility to provide me with my interpretation of what "immersive" means. It's not the studio's fault if I don't think I have enough dialogue choices. I don't get to hold the studio accountable if I'm not happy with the romance options or how they function. Or whether combat is complex enough. Or if I feel that appearance or customization options aren't good enough. Or if I'm upset that a scene or feature from a work-in-progress demo was later cut or redesigned. And it's certainly not the studio's issue if listened to second-hand reporting, rumor, and hype, then assumed that it was all true.

Issues that fall into 1.) will be handled, and people have every right to pursue them up to and including a refund.

Issues that fall into 2.) are completely up to one's person. Everyone is welcome to both feel what they want and share that feedback. In fact, it's still even possible to receive a refund for these reasons, too, depending on where one bought the game.

But anyone that thinks a studio is going to lower its eyes in shame or be obligated to redefine their creations according to other people's whims and preferences is waaaaaay off the mark. What that means is, "I don't really like the game." And that is entirely up to that person. Full stop.

You live in ponyland and also i don't give a flying fuck about

"I know there have been a lot of people really pulling to get this game launched. A lot of very tired people that gave their all in a pretty rotten situation with the pandemic going. And they're still there, continuing to pull, trying to make the game as good as it can get."

How you can be blind about the obvious misleads is beyond me.
If that's your opinion is one thing.
If that's a statement that supposed to be universally right, God saves us.

'Obvious' for who?

Another thing I don't understand, the direction this topic is taking, is this idea of 'hoping for something to go wrong'. I think the idea should be different, to 'hope' that everything works out.

Guest 4406876

'Obvious' for who?
Take a stroll on reddit and the forum and steam forum and anywhere you want. You might get a slight idea of the amount of people.
(and yes skip all the "i want moar sex!!"or " I want to be able to piss on people's head on the street) those are indeed absurd.
Even by doing so the amount is massive.

'Obvious' for who?

Another thing I don't understand, the direction this topic is taking, is this idea of 'hoping for something to go wrong'. I think the idea should be different, to 'hope' that everything works out.
Me too with all my heart as fan of CP.

Take a stroll on reddit and the forum and steam forum and anywhere you want. You might get a slight idea of the amount of people.
(and yes skip all the "i want moar sex!!"or " I want to be able to piss on people's head on the street) those are indeed absurd.
Even by doing so the amount is massive.

Ok, i read both. Steam and Reedit.

And I think there is a lot of confusion, another thing I think, is that there are many influenced by a type of press that, in my view, is not professional. But here would be another debate. I think it's good to specify things, for example:

I, Iskras, do not like the way they approached the 'nude' issue. I think, for example, that, subject to certain limits, the 'nude' is not negative. But I understand the limits of that in the real world, of government censorship, etc ... (without going into the merits). I just point out a predilection of mine. Another example, I wish that, around my apartment, in the game, there was not so much police activity. Okay, I suggested two things here, but I'm not going to turn this into a 'War Horse'. The interpretation they gave to the 'nude' and the police activities, decisions of the gamer design (company). I can, at most, suggest changes. Now, turning this into 'Battle Horses', I don't think that's the way to go.

What's your specs? There is people playing on PS4 Pro like GPUs and can open the game

That's a bit politically incorrect. It is socially acceptable to be gender fluid, so there is no difference between the genders and "male gamer" and "female gamer", just saying... Even V is apparently gender fluid, so they identify V as both "he" and "she" in the same conversation, just goes to show you. I think it's pretty neat the protagonist of the game is gender fluid. I've never played a game before where the main character is gender fluid. Play as Corp and within the very first hour of the game, go to your desk and go on your computer and pull up your evaluation, and you'll see V identified as "he" and the next sentence as "she" if you wanted proof.

Ive got
i7-8700k
EVGA GeForce 2080 Super
16 Gb G.Skill DDR4 RAM (8 Gb Sticks x 2)
Z370-E ROG STRIX Gaming Mb
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD x2
Windows 10 (20H2)
Nvidia Drivers: 460.79
Heres the usual software I run:
- BitDefender
- NordVPN
- ICUE (Corsair RGB Control Software)
- Precision X1 (GPU Monitoring Software)

I see they've just added another Nvidia Driver (460.89) I'll try and update my post under an edit. I've tried disabling all the software above and using DDU for a fresh install of Drivers. I don't Overclock, and I've tried Underclocking up to -200, still no joy on getting the game to start. I've tried a butt load of other stuff but nothing, I said that if I couldn't use it I'd refund but the fact that others with similar equipment can makes me wonder if it is my equipment. I'm really confused and out of options. Any help would make my day.

I don't get to hold the studio accountable if I'm not happy with the romance options or how they function

That is your choice, but a common theme for you on these forums is speaking for the rest of us. You don't get to do that. We can very much hold the studio accountable for the romance options and a very long list of other things.

I just read an IGN article from 2018 which including things such as "quest designer Patrick Mills confirmed that romance options for protagonist V will far exceed those that Geralt had available to him in The Witcher 3." and "We're aiming for big, complicated relationships that continue over the course of the game, but also casual encounters that don't matter that much."

Far exceed? Complicated relationships? Give me a break! Just because you may choose to wear blinders doesn't mean the rest of us have to. If they don't want to be held accountable for anything, they're in the wrong business.

Are you 100% sure the problem is not on your side in any way at all? All drivers updated, no pirated OS, no conflicting software etc?

Ive got
i7-8700k
EVGA GeForce 2080 Super
Windows 10 (20H2) My OS isn't Pirated.
- BitDefender
- NordVPN

I see they've just added another Nvidia Driver (460.89) I'll try and update my post under an edit. I've tried disabling all the software above and using DDU for a fresh install of Drivers. I don't Overclock, and I've tried Underclocking up to -200, still no joy on getting the game to start. I've tried a butt load of other stuff but nothing, I said that if I couldn't use it I'd refund but the fact that others with similar equipment can makes me wonder if it is my equipment. I'm really confused and out of options. Any help would make my day.

Ive got
i7-8700k
EVGA GeForce 2080 Super
Windows 10 (20H2)
- BitDefender
- NordVPN

Hi, do a thing, disable ray tracing for now and try this (dont forghet the VRAM, need increase it a bit):

2.) Subjective issues -- as it's not the studio's responsibility to provide me with my interpretation of what "immersive" means. It's not the studio's fault if I don't think I have enough dialogue choices. I don't get to hold the studio accountable if I'm not happy with the romance options or how they function. Or whether combat is complex enough. Or if I feel that appearance or customization options aren't good enough. Or if I'm upset that a scene or feature from a work-in-progress demo was later cut or redesigned. And it's certainly not the studio's issue if listened to second-hand reporting, rumor, and hype, then assumed that it was all true.

At first I was a little disappointed. After the dust had settled I had to kind of step back from the echo-chamber (in the subreddit) and analyze what the value that some immersive features added to games that had them.

How many times did I actually go bowling/eating/drinking with characters in GTA 4/5? How many of these activities were actually meaningful beyond the 3rd or 4th time where you eventually exhausted all of the unique dialogue? Do I want to reach that point in Cyberpunk where grabbing drinks with Panam results in hearing recycled dialogue?

Do I really care that Joe the bartender has a synchronized schedule where he goes from his home, to work, eats dinner, back to home to sleep, and repeats the cycle? What does this add, really?

Was I frustrated or immersed in Red Dead Redemption 2 where I notched every bullet, and prepared all the consumables - one at a time. What did taking a bath accomplish besides minor NPCs comments on my hygiene. Can't this just be a cutscene or did I have to endure this every single time my horse crashed into a slightly misplaced pebble, and sent me flying into the mud 5 min after taking a bath?

---

The reality is these side-activities, as they are in other games, are woven into the arcs of characters in Cyberpunk:
  • Cops and robbers VR game with River and the kids.
  • Sharing a toast with Jackie in the Afterlife (I regret passing on the drink).
  • Jambalaya with River and his family.
  • Drinkin' brews with River at the top of a water tower
  • Racing with Claire.
  • Shooting competition for a pistol reward.
  • Drinks with Panam after jobs and moments around the campfire with the Aldecaldos family.
  • Eating a skewer of 'something' with Takemura in Japan town.
  • Scuba diving with Judy to unwind.
  • Going to the movies with Rogue

I can completely understand the value some of this adds for others, but if you look at the big picture it accounts for such a small portion of your time that you probably spend more time thinking about the story/gameplay, and tuning out all of the minor distractions. Playing Poker in RDR2 isn't exactly the highlight of that entire experience.

This also isn't to say that some things don't need improvements, or some features don't have a place.
  • I do feel car races should be added to the game with a varying degree of difficulty (high stakes races in the Highways of Night City, low stakes dune hopping in the Badlands).
  • I wish I could ring up River or Panam before I go on some gigs because I need some backup. Maybe Judy can even lend a hand when I need a skilled techie to compensate for my poor hacking ability.

However, this is to say that I, and others, shouldn't expect a life-simulator that they can experience from the comfort of their rooms. Machine learning isn't quite there yet.

Top Bottom