Important Update

+
Note that was left by hacker or hackers indicates that they are amateurs and probably get caught!
Alas, that's what hackers do. The hacker claims that CDPR was "epically pwned", and I'm wondering what his mentality is. I'm sure that the hacker leaving a message like that would constitute him revealing certain information about himself that the proper authorities (or something) can act upon. I bet he'll be bawling when he gets what's coming to him....though, some of these hackers have some "always winning" mind-set, like they think what happens will play out as they planned or something. Of course, I'm thinking about that PlayStation®Network hack that happened on Christmas Day of 2014, which I think is an apples-and-oranges comparison.

Are you serious? Comments like these and on twitter are why this game should be for Adults only. Maybe they should have stuck with different rating, less sales sure but at least the demographic would be more mature. This is terrible no matter what your thoughts on the company or the game launch. It's illegal and every gamer should be outraged and condemn this.

What's really terrible is being a billionaire company with a third grade security being hacked by someone who still uses the world powned in 2021.
Also no, I won't condemn this because I don't know shit about what really happened, so my doubts still hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really terrible is being a billionaire company with a third grade security being hacked by someone who still uses the world powned in 2021.
Also no, I won't condemn this because I don't know shit about what really happened, so my doubts still hold.
"Pwn" is an amusing word though. Sometimes it's effectual. But, I do agree that it's hard to take these hackers seriously when they use such terminology. They're trying to come off as big, bad, intimidating, ready to ruin lives and destroy shit....yet they say stuff like "You got epically pwned!" and stuff.

Anyway, regarding the situation at hand, I only know what is available to me, specifically what CDPR said. Though, there was one person on Twitter who said this could just be a publicity stunt, specifically "a troll move" on CDPR's part. I don't believe it, but I just felt like throwing that out there in case anyone was curious.

Hey CDPR, hope you're getting through this nonsense alright and that it won't do much harm.
I definitely know who I'll blame for any delays... If I would think it would make sense to blame anybody that is.

Hey CDPR, hope you're getting through this nonsense alright and that it won't do much harm.
I definitely know who I'll blame for any delays... If I would think it would make sense to blame anybody that is.

Yep. I bet it was the hacker man who b0rked the launch, too!

DC9V

Forum veteran

I'm not claiming it was as buggy or not (for me personally they were pretty much as buggy, minor issues really and one Cyberpsycho broken quest).
I started playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt during the summer break which was several month after the release. Many bugs and glitches were already patched and somehow I believe that this was the case for the majority of the player base.
In the case of Cyberpunk however, much more people started playing on release day.
(Which doesn't justify false advertisement, but this is already off-topic...)

I can imagine that the "unreleased version of TW3" is running on a different version of RED-engine. I know this is pure speculation but here's where it gets interesting: What if it was a completely messed-up version for testing purposes? It would be really funny if it gets "leaked" by hAcKeRs. I can already smell YT thumbnails: "Hackers stole the wrong Pony" ; "TW3 but it's buggy as hell" ; "The Ultimate Roach Experience"

Anyway,
I just hope everybody at CDPR is doing well!

Fun fact: So far this didn't influence the shares in a meaningful way. (still 60€) :beer:

Last edited:
Sounds like someone got their hotpants (undies) in a bunch

*Correcting for proper terminogly)

Last edited:
So-called hackers like this are nothing but butthurt edgelords who think their cool because they know how to use a PC.

If he or she had some dignity (provided this isn't actually a joke!), she wouldn't have used such a talent for petty reasons like ransoms. And he also wouldn't write his threat like a damn toddler!

"Pwn" is an amusing word though. Sometimes it's effectual. But, I do agree that it's hard to take these hackers seriously when they use such terminology. They're trying to come off as big, bad, intimidating, ready to ruin lives and destroy shit....yet they say stuff like "You got epically pwned!" and stuff.

Anyway, regarding the situation at hand, I only know what is available to me, specifically what CDPR said. Though, there was one person on Twitter who said this could just be a publicity stunt, specifically "a troll move" on CDPR's part. I don't believe it, but I just felt like throwing that out there in case anyone was curious.
That might all be true. I haven't kept up with recent black hat trends, so I don't know. But amateur or not, they managed to hack the servers sufficiently well that the company had to restore from back ups (which hopefully are free of whatever trojan was planted in the first place). So I'm going to take their claims seriously until / unless some relevant new info comes to light.

Top Bottom