In regards to the Mantis Blades

+
So, the Mantis Blades are really cool and all, and definitely a neat thing from the Cyberpunk tabletop, but now that makes me wonder (because I had my own tabletop character that I'm hoping to get as close as possible in this game.) are there going to be other weapons available as cyberware instead of the mantis blades? AKA, change the mantis blades out for concealed handguns or sub machine guns? Or any other form of weapon that may be less obvious than those? I think the blades are neat, but it would be really neat to know that you can change your cyberware around to such a customizable degree that it actually affects what you choose to take with you on a given quest or mission. If you have handguns in your forearms, why would you take a handgun with you? Take something else, like maybe a sword or shotgun.

DXMD_arm_gun.jpg

As they allow you to walk on the walls, question is if they are not needed in quest at some point - I hope not. It would be a pity if we could not replace those as the forearm can hold many interesting weapons and tools.

I don't think the Mantis Blades are going to be mandatory. The quests are designed so that there are multiple ways to approach them.

I'd also like to see cannons, flame throwers, 'death rays', grappling hooks (especially if the 'hook' is your hand) or other concealed devices, on one proviso- they logically fit in that space. I don't want a Telescoping Robot.

I like Mantis Blades probably will build melee character around them or Hand Razors :D i still need to see if melee combat will be good and fun, for now it is just FPS also fact that is FPP don't give me big hope for good melee system.

What bother me more is Climbing on walls with Mantis Blades.

Climbing on outer walls and getting in by a window, if we cando that then mantis blades wimm become mandatory for me.

This is scheme of mantis blades from gameplay trailer:
2233.png

You can read what they have "customisable end-effector platform" so i think we can get other tech on its base, not only blades.

I don't think the Mantis Blades are going to be mandatory. The quests are designed so that there are multiple ways to approach them.

I'd also like to see cannons, flame throwers, 'death rays', grappling hooks (especially if the 'hook' is your hand) or other concealed devices, on one proviso- they logically fit in that space. I don't want a Telescoping Robot.

I completely forgot the notion of having a grappling hook in your forearm. That's also an excellent idea! In addition to weapons, utility tools as well. I think it would help them a lot with their idea of "having quests with multiple approaches" kind of dealie they seem to be emphasizing.

I definitely agree that it should remain realistic and only fit things that could feasibly fit the space.

For Wolverine or X-23 you need Hand Razors :D i hope that cyberwear is in game. :D

Even hang on a wall look weird, i mean you need to hammer your blades in to solid reinforced concrete ffs plus you need to support your own body weight, it is almost weird like double jump they have in demo

I think the mantis blades seem really nifty, but I hope they're optional because imma need that humanity to cram more computers in muh brain.

Top Bottom