Inner deadzone issue on Xbox Series X and PC

+
I have not tried this on any other platforms, so I don't know if the base consoles or PS5 version is affected.

On both PC and Xbox Series X there is an inner deadzone for aiming when using a controller, this is of course intended and works as it should. The issue is that the input doesn't seem to be normalized properly based on the deadzone, which means that the innermost part of the input is cut off. Let's say you have an inner deadzone taking up 10% and input going from 0 to 1, in Cyberpunk 0-0.1 seems to be unavailable, creating a weird situation where there is essentially a minimum aiming speed of max input multiplied by the inner deadzone when using a controller, which makes it really hard to do any kind of fine aiming.

Hopefully this is something that can be looked into and fixed in a future patch, because it does make playing the game using a controller feel quite sluggish.

I have tried using the options made available, but without positive results. I have made a small video demonstrating the minimum aiming speed here.

I play on PC and I have the same problem. As I understand it, the zero value of the inner deadzone in the game is actually much more than zero. Because of this, accurate shooting is almost impossible.

It's likely the same on all platforms with a controller, but I don't know for sure.

You could reach out to support if it's a big issue for you:
(there's no support topic that really fits 100% so this one will have to do).

Confirming the issue presented. If the deadzone is correctly applied to the true centre of the controller that would do the trick. As Cyberpunk allows for very fine tuning of the controller, solving this issue will make the controller configuration top-grade :)

Top Bottom