Interesting idea for implementation of community mods - BD

+

Would you like such a way of modification from the community?

• Yes

• No

• I have no opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm going through Cyberpunk once again during my breaks from work and enjoing Witcher mods, and I just thought of a great way to implement community mods in the future (if ever CDPR decides to really support mods).

The idea looks like this:
  1. Let's create story or mini-game using ready-made resources and tools from the community.
  2. W put the mod in the folder /mods/braindance/SOMEFILES together with bd.png (bd.png is our cover)
  3. When compiling the mods folder, modifications from the braindance catalog are added to the in-game BD stores with covers as in bg.png.
  4. We go to a braindance store and buy our mission for e.g. 10 eurodollars or free. We turn it on with Braindance headset.

Why all this effort?
  1. Braindance happens in our head, so the stories presented in it do not have to contradict the logic of the represented world.
  2. Braindance can be anywhere, it can teleport us to another place, room, space station or dimension. This is still consistent.
  3. Braindance may be encapsulated. Inventory and progress in the game can be ignored, not loaded, treated as a blank card with no unnecessary resources.
  4. Braindance doesn't have to be interactive. A playground for machinima fans.
  5. The braindance editing mode (expanded of course) can be used as a modification creation tool. The version purchased from the BD store by the player may be interactive (interactive in the sense of the AR game we played with the River and his sister's children or like a regular game with a changed interface)
Is it possible to do?
I don't know, but I believe RED Engine 3 is better than the previous version and allows developers to add components. If we look at it more broadly - most of the functionality is already there. It is enough to adapt it to modders.

I know it's unlikely. But I love the idea that I could download something from NexusMods, put it in the mods directory and whenever I want to start a braindance containing some mini-game with tanks, shooters or racing I just take my BD headset and voilà.

photomode_22052021_154653.png

(screenshoot because why not)

I'm going through Cyberpunk once again during my breaks from work and enjoing Witcher mods, and I just thought of a great way to implement community mods in the future (if ever CDPR decides to really support mods).

The idea looks like this:
  1. Let's create story or mini-game using ready-made resources and tools from the community.
  2. W put the mod in the folder /mods/braindance/SOMEFILES together with bd.png (bd.png is our cover)
  3. When compiling the mods folder, modifications from the braindance catalog are added to the in-game BD stores with covers as in bg.png.
  4. We go to a braindance store and buy our mission for e.g. 10 eurodollars or free. We turn it on with Braindance headset.

Why all this effort?
  1. Braindance happens in our head, so the stories presented in it do not have to contradict the logic of the represented world.
  2. Braindance can be anywhere, it can teleport us to another place, room, space station or dimension. This is still consistent.
  3. Braindance may be encapsulated. Inventory and progress in the game can be ignored, not loaded, treated as a blank card with no unnecessary resources.
  4. Braindance doesn't have to be interactive. A playground for machinima fans.
  5. The braindance editing mode (expanded of course) can be used as a modification creation tool. The version purchased from the BD store by the player may be interactive (interactive in the sense of the AR game we played with the River and his sister's children or like a regular game with a changed interface)
Is it possible to do?
I don't know, but I believe RED Engine 3 is better than the previous version and allows developers to add components. If we look at it more broadly - most of the functionality is already there. It is enough to adapt it to modders.

I know it's unlikely. But I love the idea that I could download something from NexusMods, put it in the mods directory and whenever I want to start a braindance containing some mini-game with tanks, shooters or racing I just take my BD headset and voilà.

View attachment 11220752
(screenshoot because why not)
Short answer : YES :cry:

More elaborate answer : The virtual space, the Net, Braindance are a fundamental part of the Cyberpunk world, yet I think they are under-represented in this videogame. Sooner or later it got to take more place in the game as an open space, a new playground to discover, in the form of Braindances like you said, but we can see a bigger picture in the form of virtual spaces for hanging out and have fun in Multiplayer, minigames etc, you name it - a game mode in itself, that could open a possible never ending experience, renewed by the devs themselves, or the community.

There is an increasing trend recently, that are the "User-generated-game-creation" systems, like Dreams (PS4), or the soon to come Nintendo's Game Builder Garage (Switch), to name the newest games. IMO, Dreams is absolutely impressive as it just runs like f•••••g black magic... (my jaw dropped months ago and I'm still speechless about this).

Just saying that there is a BIG opportunity here and right now to bring people in Cyberpunk77, to build interest upon the "virtual" part of Cyberpunk at a moderate cost, if they just let the community involved in the process, making what THEY want to see in this world ; they'd have fun making games 'n stuff, they'd play / roleplay together, Cyberpunk77 regains interest, more people coming, IGN 9999/100.

I'm not saying that Cyberpunk77 "should copy Dreams / Minecraft / GTAV multiplayer" ; just that CDPR could take inspiration from other great, popular Multiplayer games, CDPR should try to make the Multiplayer a memorable experience for everyone, help set up a Multiplayer space with easy mod tools so we can all design our levels / mini-games, etc. (with only a predefined list of material to begin with...), in order to make the players create their own stuff as they pleased, "hang out in the Net", share their creations using what the game already have in hand...

To give a few examples : "Braindance zone" for virtual shows, beautiful sceneries, escapism ; A network where ppl can play together (mini games using the engine's physics, racing games or fight arenas with gambling (for ingame Eddies), you name it) ; Or even places like virtual bars where a group of friends can chill out in a beautiful place, change the music, maybe trade some stuff or play Braindances / films together...

+ all the mods that could add even more exclusive content on top of that...

I don't know... ?

Top Bottom