Is Cyberpunk 2077 or Gwent RPG

+
Snowflakez;n10919213 said:
Gwent is a significantly better example of F2P card games done right than others on the market.
I'm not sure how it compares as it's the only ccg I've played, but it's fun to play a couple nights a week.

Rawls;n10919216 said:
I'm not sure how it compares as it's the only ccg I've played, but it's fun to play a couple nights a week.

Has it changed to any mentionable degree since the early days? It went dark at some point (nobody seemed to play) and then I had a computer breakdown and haven't installed many games since.

kofeiiniturpa;n10919231 said:
It went dark at some point (nobody seemed to play) and then I had a computer breakdown and haven't installed many games since.
It's much more balanced now than the earliest days IMO ... but there are still definitely decks that are the most consistent currently ... and several of the attempts to balance the game have diminished some of the flavor of the game IMO. There are some core features that have been changed, like gold card immunity, card row assignment (all cards are agile now), weather being horribly OP and row locked, each faction having a unique passive ability, and etc. Also I think there is more RNG in the game now than in the game during CB, which leads to more variety ... but also leads to some frustrating results in some matches when a lucky algorithm makes a huge difference. They're currently in the middle of a "Project Homecoming" (https://playgwent.com/en/news/18951/...next-for-gwent) which is a sort of reset that will take the game away from some of the less popular mechanics (namely the coin flip, create RNG, etc).

You can always check the forums for more info - https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...discussions-aa.

Last edited:
Rawls;n10919279 said:
You can always check the forums for more info
In fact, we'd encourage it for those interested.
Feel free to drop by, and have a look about. There's even a spot for what little we know so far about
THRONEBREAKER (the forthcoming Gwent RPG).

Last edited:
Rawls;n10919279 said:
It's much more balanced now than the earliest days IMO ... but there are still definitely decks that are the most consistent currently ... and several of the attempts to balance the game have diminished some of the flavor of the game IMO.

I'll check it out at some point when my flu decides to absent itself.

Rawls;n10919279 said:
Also I think there is more RNG in the game now than in the game during CB

That's definitely a good thing. I thought it was annoying early on when you noticed that your opponent had a certain tactics going on that you just couldn't counter so the only thing to do was to forfeit and run, or your opponent noticed you doing it and then bailed out rather than playing through the match leaving you with a feeling of "damn, I would've wanted to pull that off, how disappointing".

Anyways....

kofeiiniturpa;n10919912 said:
I'll check it out at some point when my flu decides to absent itself.
If you want some deck building tips for the current meta let me know.

P.S. Feel better soon!

BaalNergal;n10923056 said:
I bet it's Witcher 4.

The Witcher games were designed as a trilogy, so probably not, but that's not to say they won't return to them in the future. They've mentioned they just need a breather from that series, which I'm not suprised, they've been working with that universe for well over 10 years.

90k;n10923503 said:
The Witcher games were designed as a trilogy, so probably not, but that's not to say they won't return to them in the future. They've mentioned they just need a breather from that series, which I'm not suprised, they've been working with that universe for well over 10 years.

It won't be the Witcher 4. It probably won't even be called Witcher. They said they will revisit the franchise, not the specific character. Geralt's story is over. We may play as Ciri, or another Witcher, or a sorceress, or someone else entirely, but not Geralt.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10923530 said:
It won't be the Witcher 4. It probably won't even be called Witcher. They said they will revisit the franchise, not the specific character. Geralt's story is over. We may play as Ciri, or another Witcher, or a sorceress, or someone else entirely, but not Geralt.

Of course, I agree on every count. They made it clear that was Geralt's finale. However seeing as in Witcher 3's story Geralt is one of the last of a dying breed, it would be interesting to see what the world looked like 100-150 years earlier when Vesemir was young and there were Witchers aplenty.

Top Bottom