It’s time for the Mid-Season Tournament!

+

The Mid-Season Tournament begins this weekend with the Group Stage! This is where 16 players will battle it out in the Dual Tournament (also commonly known as GSL) format. All players have been randomly seeded into 4 groups:

Next, through a double elimination, the top 2 players from each group will qualify to the Play-offs:

These 8 players will be invited to participate in the Mid-Season Tournament Play-off Stage – broadcasted live on our official channel on July 1st-2nd!

Its prize pool is set to be 20 000 USD + 50% of the proceeds from sales of special esports bundles available in the shop. 2 000 USD out of the sum will be distributed among the 8 players who made it to the Group Stage, but failed to advance to the Play-offs. In addition to the monetary prize, the winner of the Mid-Season tournament will automatically reserve a spot in World Masters at the end of the year.

Group Stage matches will be casted live by your favourite streamers: pawloex, Moshcraft, Lemon, Ceely, TheaBeasty, PiotrCNS, Rykov, Bomblin, Mercernn, lionhart, GhostArya, Interloper, Elquellora, and Gravesh. Check the schedule below!

GROUP STAGE SCHEDULE:

Saturday, June 24th

12:00 CEST

(Group A) myamon369ex vs holdyr

(Group C) Magpie131 vs Puzzle.Express

(Group D) Spellingbee vs 情枭的黎明

15:00 CEST

(Group A) 优柔寡断的司徒空 vs PSYCHOKID777

(Group B) Lerio2 vs Kams134

(Group C) kerpeten96 vs Liu_m

18:00 CEST

(Group B) DG_gameip vs Kaneki_Yamori

(Group D) tlg_pajabol vs Danirai

Sunday, June 25th

10:00 CEST

(Group A) Winners match: holdyr vs PSYCHOKID777

(Group C) Winners match: Puzzle.Express vs kerpeten96

(Group D) Winners match: Spellingbee vs Danirai

13:00 CEST

(Group A) Losers match: Mya-Mon369EX vs 优柔寡断的司徒空

(Group B) Winners match: Kams134 vs Kaneki_Yamori

(Group D) Losers match: 情枭的黎明 vs Pajabol

16:00 CEST

(Group A) Tiebreaker

(Group B) Losers match: lerio2 vs Mistikal

(Group C) Losers match: magpie131 vs liu_m

19:00 CEST

(Group B) Tiebreaker

(Group C) Tiebreaker

(Group D) Tiebreaker

Last edited:
One observation that I find interesting about the tournament is the variety of decks brought by various players. Although I haven't looked carefully at every deck, I note that each faction was brought by 9 to 13 of the 16 players. Thus, there is no faction that everyone chose and no faction that no one was interested in. Moreover, 4 different NG leaders were chosen, 3 different MO, ST and SK leaders were chosen, 2 SY leaders, and 1 NR leader. This is the most evenly distributed I have seen in faction choice, and is the largest number of different leaders chosen. While tournament format differs from ladder format, it certainly appears that deck balance amongst top decks is the best it has been.

I wish measures to reduce binary play were as effective.

rrc

Forum veteran
Is there any place we can see who brought which decks and which won/lost against which deck etc.? Details like that?

Unfortunately, I can never find the tournament site myself — I always have to get the link while it is being streamed. You can see which players won against which other players — and by what score, but I don’t recall seeing which decks were played in which games. Sometimes I have found that info from old tournaments on other sites, but for me finding it is hit and miss.

Is there any place we can see who brought which decks and which won/lost against which deck etc.? Details like that?
All decks used in the tournament - here

Sadly, the brackets haven't been edited, so there are alternative brackets. I can't see the decks, however... but you can look at some of the matches on lionhart's youtube channel or others.

//edit: I also found this post on reddit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom