Just bought game - No Mods - Clean install Keeps crashing

+
I've been searching these threads, forums, and Reddit for solutions since 2 pm today it's now midnight. I cannot for the love of all that's holy get my game past the project red screen. I've tried https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1700/my-game-crashes-7. Am on Nividia so I tried the Nividia solution given. I've tried verifying game files (multiple times). I am on Windows 11. I've disabled all overlays that I know of. Attempted to disable my anti-virus (Firewall, Anti-virus (disabling these have worked for other games)). I have no mods since I just bought it since it was on the winter sale for Steam. I haven't touched my GPU or CPU clock rate so that cannot be a factor. The crash reports are in the attached files. I've tried looking up the error codes they gave but again, I keep getting sent to the same websites and the same searches.

PC Spec: i5-10600K @4.10GHz
Ram 32Gb
Nividia ROG 2080 TI
Windows 11 x64
Drivers are also all updated It was my first check

I do realize that some of these posts talk about having the same problem as me but they're also running with mods. it's my first play through second time redownloading the game. So I've decided on not running mods nor do I want to get into the trouble of figuring all that mess out. I can't figure out why it's crashing.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20231226-001726-24488-25296.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 22
  • report.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 18
Hi!
Just some guesses :
- Install / Reinstall your Microsoft Redistributables. Lots of crashes are caused by missing or corrupt Visual C++ and Visual Studio installations. There's now an All-in-One pack you can grab.
- Try to disable XMP if enabled.

As far as I know, crashes due GPU/CPU OC tend to happen randomly while playing (I assume your 2080 is OC), so I doubt it's the issue.

And if you didn't, also contact the support for help ("contact us" button in the link you posted).

Hi!
Just some guesses :
- Install / Reinstall your Microsoft Redistributables. Lots of crashes are caused by missing or corrupt Visual C++ and Visual Studio installations. There's now an All-in-One pack you can grab.
- Try to disable XMP if enabled.

As far as I know, crashes due GPU/CPU OC tend to happen randomly while playing (I assume your 2080 is OC), so I doubt it's the issue.

And if you didn't, also contact the support for help ("contact us" button in the link you posted).
So I tried what you had asked. I installed the x64 version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable restarted my PC attempted to run the game no change. Crashes at project red screen. I cannot disable my XMP, however, I did change it to auto which I assume is the default. I had it on custom beforehand. restarted the PC and tried to run the game again. A similar fate didn't get past the project Red Screen. The same issue presists along with the same reason for crashing in crash reports. I did also go and make a "contact us" post to project red so hopefully I may get some insight from them. My only worry is I've put and hour and a half into game crashes and only have half an hour of attempts before I can no longer refund the game through steam. Also to clarify my GPU is not OC its on standard operating I haven't touched any tuning options.

Last edited:
Also to clarify my GPU is not OC its on standard operating I haven't touched any tuning options.
Not an expert, but ROG RTX don't run a "factory OC"?
I assume Azus directly increase the clock-rate on their cards to offer better performances than "regular/basic" Nvidia cards. So you didn't modify anything by your own, but Azus did. Anyway, like I said, I doubt it's your issue, crash due to OC (XMP is basically a RAM OC) are generally random and while playing.

Not sure why your game crash :(
Maybe try to launch the game directly from the .exe in case.

At worse if you want, ask for a refund, wait for an answer from the support and then decide to buy it again later.

I assume Azus directly increase the clock-rate on their cards to offer better performances than "regular/basic" Nvidia cards. So you didn't modify anything by your own, but Azus did. Anyway, like I said, I doubt it's your issue, crash due to OC (XMP is basically a RAM OC) are generally random and while playing.

At worse if you want, ask for a refund, wait for an answer from the support and then decide to buy it again later.
strictly speaking it is not a "factory OC" but they can all boost their clock speeds as needed, as much as 25% and the power usage spikes with that extra speed. this can cause issues if the Power supply is not rated properly for the cards needs.

but this was never a known issue with the 2000 series as their power requirements where quite modest.

running CD project launcher from .exe was one of the first things I tried. I see what you were trying to say about the OC now. On other hand trying to clean install it again and hope it works. Then on the other waiting to hear back from the support team gave them as much info as possible. I would rather keep trying to get it to work I've watched Edgerunner countless times and the time was just too good to not buy the game finally but fearfully I might have to just refund it.

running CD project launcher from .exe was one of the first things I tried. I see what you were trying to say about the OC now. On other hand trying to clean install it again and hope it works. Then on the other waiting to hear back from the support team gave them as much info as possible.
Ok, fingers crossed it will work.
Another thing, does the game installed on the same drive as Windows/Launcher? If I remember, some have issues because it wasn't (don't remember what kind of issue).
I would rather keep trying to get it to work I've watched Edgerunner countless times and the time was just too good to not buy the game finally but fearfully I might have to just refund it.
If you loved the Edgerunner, great chances you'll really love the game :)
A bit sad, in theory you shouldn't have issue to run the game on your PC.

Ok, fingers crossed it will work.
Another thing, does the game installed on the same drive as Windows/Launcher? If I remember, some have issues because it wasn't (don't remember what kind of issue).

If you loved the Edgerunner, great chances you'll really love the game :)
A bit sad, in theory you shouldn't have issue to run the game on your PC.
Got working last night. Time to start the goods

Did you anything special to get it working? My friend is having the same issue so I wanna see if I can offer suggestions.
Honestly no. Ive tried everything on the reddit, I've done everything on the CD project reds crash support. So I went above and beyond about deleting EVERYTHING of any mention of cyberpunk on my PC. I looked up cyberpunk on my files manger and deleted everything that came up.

Top Bottom