Photomode crashing (update 2.1) and graphical issue's.

+
Hello everyone,

Photomode isn't working in patch 2.1 anymore. When I tried to make a picture, my FPS drops to 1 and around 30 seconds to 1 minute, the game crashes. I didn't had this issue before. I've tried DLSS auto, balanced and ultra performace, but each time the game crashes to desktop. I do have path tracing enabled and I want to keep using it. I also play in 4k native with all the settings turned up to the highest. The only thing i've disabled is grain and motion blur.

When I normally play Cyberpunk 2077, I do get around 75 to 80fps with DLSS on auto. But in photomode, it crashes.

I have a I9 14900kf with a RTX 4080 and 32gb 6000mhz memory, installed on a m.2 ssd and OS: Windows 11.

Last edited:
I would recommend- verifying files on steam and getting the newest gpu drivers. That should help.

I would recommend- verifying files on steam and getting the newest gpu drivers. That should help.
I always do install the newest GPU drivers, but somehow I didn't received any pop-up that a new driver was available. I can see that Nvidia released a new driver yesterday.

I'm going to try it.
Post automatically merged:

Nope, the new driver didn't fixed anything. I also verified all the files on Steam. Both didn't fixed anything, it keeps crashing.

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.4984974 P4CL: 6525662 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\engine\src\engineWatchdog.cpp
Line: 198

Last edited:
I have a similar issue, except when I hit space for the photo, the screen gets glitchy, I get a freeze and have to kill the task. The file generated is corrupt (0 bytes).

Ryzen 7 3700X, 32 gb, RTX 3070. Win 10 Home 22H2
Graphics drivers updated

I don't know what I did, but somehow I did fix the issue. Somehow my graphics settings aren't also saved, but I can easily change the graphics while playing. Turned everything to the maximum, enabled path tracing and everything is running smooth with +/- 80FPS and photomode is working aswell.

But suddenly while playing, my FPS went magically up to almost 200 FPS and the lighting changed. I went back to the settings and I saw that my graphics changed while playing the game. It automatically turned off path tracing, and changed back to the default settings.

So, I turned up the graphics again, and now my FPS drops below 60 and it looks like this. But it hasn't crashed yet.

Zoom in on the picture. Restaring the game fix the issue, but this is some really strange behaviour.

20231205180355_1.jpg

I have a very similar problem. The game (GOG version) often crashes in photo mode or after I use photo mode. The files are verified and the installation is fresh (I reinstalled the game). It started crashing recently. Here's my report:

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.4984974 P4CL: 6525662 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp
Line: 42

The photo mode in CP2077 is amazing and I use it constantly (or at least I used to). I wish I could find the source of this problem.

Top Bottom