Keep playing after you finish the storyline

+
Hello, i finished the mainquestline.

Became a nomad, finished all this because i wanted to bang Panam, but she rejected me (at least being a female), so i left night city, but will die in 6 months. So, if i still have 6 months, why i cant play them?

So i wonder, can i somehow keep playing, like doing all the sidequests i didnt did while i been doing the mainquest? or, for that i have to start over again, or start from another checkpoint.

at the moment no you can't go back after you enter the elevator to talk to the asian lady, the game even tells you so; Though after you finish the final mission you should get a prompt that'll let you re-load from that point with some extra items + all the stuff you'd looted from the final mission. Though with regards to story, everything you'll do after you reload will happen -before- the final mission, which can then be repeated for different endings.

I was afraid of this...
:giveup:

That the main story just ends the game. This is all sorts of wrong in my opinion. I don't feel like elaborating right now but

CDPR Thought the main story was too long in Witcher... did they ever stop to think that maybe people prefer the open world more than the main story? And that would be the reason why they dont finish the main story?

I just fear the main story like a plague in CDPR games.. Its very immersion breaking to for the game to first explain loudly like a drill sergeant that I must go this way and that way and Im pressed for time- and then I can just ignore those quests forever if I want.. The world and the main story, there is a gap between them, they are detached, and its not a good thing.

well I finished the game and when I select to go back to the checkpoint to continue it puts me back to the main menu and when I load the other save I don't even get any in-game items for completing the game and only autosave I've got is once i passed the elevator and the other autosave is way back then I want it to be. cant be bothered to start everything over again would have just loved it to just put me straight back in so I could mini the side quest.

Well i think they might have in mind some DLC because all of the storylines i finished, those "video messages" they all talk about like "well i wish you luck now" and things like that...
Sad to hear that once you finish it, the game ends...
I mean is not the same, i know the game tells you, i did a few different storylines once i reached that point but still, i feel emptiness, the game is excelent, i dont care about the bugs, but, sad you only can enjoy it for 20 hs of play...

I too also just finished the game, instead of going back to the "point of no return" save i get sent back to the main menu. When i click 'continue' i just go back to the credits. Am i doing something wrong? or is the game being buggy?

This game ll die like TW3? CD lier to us about Cyber?

All what i read on internet, CD say - u can play after the end and...we CANT PLAY?
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately, at least everything I have read so far, CD only disappointed, not only in terms of its technique, but in the main, in the main story. They lied compulsively to us, deceived us with interviews, statements and other headlines and articles in the mainstream media.

Everything they condemned at EA games, happened to themselves, greed went up in their heads and they preferred to sell an unfinished product, something deformed and absurdly badly thought to make money, to profit ...

The CD joined the roll of those companies that she criticized for years. Too bad.

Last edited:
I too also just finished the game, instead of going back to the "point of no return" save i get sent back to the main menu. When i click 'continue' i just go back to the credits. Am i doing something wrong? or is the game being buggy?

is what we are saying, once you finish, you finish.

I mean dont get me wrong, is an excelent game, even with all the bugs/issues, and trust me i see a lot of them:
items staying stuck on NPCS hands.
Getting block andhad to load from last checkpoint.
Voices in dialogs sometimes not working, or muted.
NPCs sometimes not mimic when they speak.
Some NPCs stucked in walls, or floors half body.
Probably more but i saw those...

The point is, i am okey with those bugs not the big deal, maybe the important ones like being stuck and you cant move, and you have to reload the game well those are kind of... "important" but is okey doesnt bother me that much, knowing we, gamers were pushing this title to release knowing the consecuences.

Actually i loved playing this game, but i felt more like it was a movie with choises, that slightly change the path, and the importance of some of the involved characters.

Still, a little empty in that side because some of the characters, you cant avoid them, so, you are not totally "free" you are just stucked on the mainline they want, sure thing you have some finals.

BTW playing it reminds me the title "late shift" is just a movie, where you make some choises...

If you ask me, they didnt had time enough to solve this, i mean half life is also like this, but half life is not an "open world"...

I mean is not "open world" if you cant go whenever you want, literally i started the game all over to make all the side quests, first of all, you must finish the first quest/path for continue... Once you are "free" to explore this... "open world" if you finish all the side quests in your zone, then you want to move forward to the city, and you cant, the game puts you back in, saying "this content locked for you, for now..".
And is not locked because i been there later finishing the questline..
So.. is not "open world" if you are restricted...

Well we have to wait some DLC i guess...

You can still play gta&fallout even after closing the main quest, but cyberpunk is an open world game, but that's not possible. We are waiting for you to fix it soon.

Problem is, for it to be more meaningful than just sending you back into the world, you at the very least need some content that refers to whatever particular ending you get or rather that refers to what happened, and maybe some additional unique content like quests or encounters.

Otherwise, it's meaningless and without it, you might as well load a save game right before the point of no return as there's little difference. This additional content would need to be added, however. And depending on intensity or amount, that takes time.

I feel an post-main story outcome with maybe some adjustments in the main plot endings would've been better, at the cost of a later release to implement this and other things.

I generally prefer games where I can continue playing, ideally in a world that takes what happened into account with some additional post-main story content.

Top Bottom