Killing Dijkstra while drawing card with his ability stops the drawing process

+
Killing Dijkstra while drawing card with his ability stops the drawing process

I just ran into a situration where I played Dijkstra to draw 2 further cards from the deck. The first one that came out was a Battering Ram, which I used to kill Dijkstra to get the additional secondary hit of the ram off. What I did not expect was that no second card was drawn at all (because Dijkstra being dead now, I suppose).
While I can understand that dead cards should not be able to get their effects off it does feel like another unecessary complication regarding the order of effects. When playing Henselt, for instance, it seems like you do draw all copies of the cards first, then play them (so if you somehow managed to kill Henselt during this, the chain would still continue, not sure if anyone ever managed to test that since NR units do not have effects that do damage your side). So why does Dijkstra need to work that differently and limit your potential options? Both cards claim to "play cards from/in your deck", but the results are slightly different.

The way that DJ works is the default function for these kinds of abilities. To my knowledge, Henselt is an exception to prevent Nekker Warrior-Operator shenanigans from causing an infinite combo.

Killing Emissary stops the Enforcers Damage rolling too, so, no big deal for your OP Gold Card. Just be more careful.

It's pretty common knowledge that this is the way it works, but in my opinion, Dijkstra should just draw both of the cards, AND you could choose in which order to play them. As a trade-off, Dijkstra could be 6-8 strength instead of 3.

Top Bottom