Knights of the Old Republic

+
There's KOTOR discussion threads already somewhere but they're deader than Demavend. Wanna discuss good old KOTOR and TSL, or that remake they're concocting, be welcome to do so.

for me , KoTor and FFVII , 2 mythic games rpg that set what can expect now in next gen rpgs on any open worlds.
FFVII , mostly the first one to let player know can do plenty activity , exploration , success on a rpg
Kotor , mostly the first one to let player know npc 're not just ramdom peon , but real character we can romance , friendship , story telling

playing again Kotor , graphics is very outdated but steel stunned how at that time this rpg let player build our hown story/character path like :)

for me , KoTor and FFVII , 2 mythic games rpg that set what can expect now in next gen rpgs on any open worlds.
FFVII , mostly the first one to let player know can do plenty activity , exploration , success on a rpg
Kotor , mostly the first one to let player know npc 're not just ramdom peon , but real character we can romance , friendship , story telling

playing again Kotor , graphics is very outdated but steel stunned how at that time this rpg let player build our hown story/character path like :)
The KOTORs are the prime example of what Disney would never dare to do with Star Wars, particularly the second game. That's why they're so special. I'd take them with their outdated graphics over any shiny soulless work they spew. In fact, I doubt I'd give a damn about SW if these games hadn't been made.

My last TSL run was so perfect I resist to play again.

KotOR one is a great game with fun characters, that exceeds at doing the "Star Wars thing" - as in, takes you on a wild ride in a fantastic world.
KotOR 2 (as well as it's predecessor) is one of my favorite games of all time, that I can't really do justice in a couple of sentences. It's very flawed and extremely brilliant, but I can't escape the feeling that it is the most misunderstood one in the series. As in, it attracted a lot of people to it, that ended up loving it for completely different message than what it actually conveys. It took me quite a while to really look past the surface level cynicism and look into what I consider to be one of the most sincere Star Wars stories ever told.
People always call it a deconstruction of Star Wars, but in reality it is the most essential Star Wars to date. Chris Avellone really elevated it to an extreme degree.
I don't really blame suits at Disney for not taking such risks with their property - but it is still saddens me that, for a time being, we are stuck in a "between 3d and 4th episode" or "after the six episode" timeframes. I hope Eclipse will surprise me - once it actually gets released.

reminds me the time when Kotor and Kotor 2 was on extented universe lore of SW but few years later disney say : sorry now kotor 're not on EU of SW franchise ( same goes for books , mostly 3/4 was removed of the EU lol )

reminds me the time when Kotor and Kotor 2 was on extented universe lore of SW but few years later disney say : sorry now kotor 're not on EU of SW franchise ( same goes for books , mostly 3/4 was removed of the EU lol )
They actually canonized Revan, so I presume that events of KotOR I and II are canon as well. The idea of canon doesn't really bother me that much in general, in some cases, uncanonical stories are much better than official ones - so I just declare things that I like as "canon" and reject everything else.

Mouse doesn't like stories that don't fit its mould, just boring good vs evil and plain characters. Take Andor, for example. That show seems bent on undoing the little good the Rogue One movie did.

We'll have to see about Eclipse and the KOTOR remake, but I'm very skeptical.
Post automatically merged:

They actually canonized Revan, so I presume that events of KotOR I and II are canon as well. The idea of canon doesn't really bother me that much in general, in some cases, uncanonical stories are much better than official ones - so I just declare things that I like as "canon" and reject everything else.
Yeah, for me only the Lucas movies, the KOTORs, the Jedi Knight Saga and the Thrawn Trilogy are canon :coolstory:

Top Bottom