Legendary clothing should be 4 slots by default.

+
Again, I am not saying that there aren't broken mechanics.

You're only going about it the wrong way.

You never balance around a broken core system. You get your system working the way you want it to and then balance around it, no matter how obvious the balance issues. Otherwise, every change you make will have to be re-examined and re-evaluated. You're effectively wasting resources.

I agree, they would need to fix the core systems first.

But then as I said before, I think people enjoy many broken systems, People like the idea of being able snipe from super far away, or hack everyones cyberware from a car (not me personally I generally lose interest once a build becomes too OP) I see reviewers saying this is when it got fun.

And in some ways not letting you use mechanics that way may seem unrealistic (lets say you couldn't kill someone X distance away like in many mmos).

I just wish they had a balance for the various types of players, but I recognize it might be unrealistic for them to do that much for a minority of players. I wonder how many even attempt VH.
Post automatically merged:

"cheat".

It's worth noting that's a matter of opinion, and the word carries lots of negative associations.
I paid some money to have an experience i want to enjoy. Soooo, if there's barriers, bugs, glitches, or ... whatever that impedes the personal subjective realization of enjoyment of something, and there's options to correct that, then, hack the system, and have it your way, which might vary from person to person.

The game setting/plot/story/lore and the whole Cyberpunk world glories in hacking/cheating. One would think modding, which is a form of "hacking" as a DIY modification of code, would be more encouraged for such a title. :)

no one cares if players cheat in singleplayer games, I'm merely telling you why cheating doesn't appeal to some single players, simply because its less fun than a well designed game. Its like playing darts alone right in front the board for them.

I agree, they would need to fix the core systems first.

But then as I said before, I think people enjoy many broken systems, People like the idea of being able snipe from super far away, or hack everyones cyberware from a car (not me personally I generally lose interest once a build becomes too OP) I see reviewers saying this is when it got fun.

And in some ways not letting you use mechanics that way may seem unrealistic (lets say you couldn't kill someone X distance away like in many mmos).

I just wish they had a balance for the various types of players, but I recognize it might be unrealistic for them to do that much for a minority of players. I wonder how many even attempt VH.

People will always find a way to abuse the system. There is absolutely no way around it. If they think it's fun, more power to them. It's part of the beauty of being able to make different builds.

In fact, I'd argue that there isn't many ways to "fix" netrunner builds without fundamentally breaking any pure netrunner build. Being able to kill enemies from far away is part of the whole netrunner lore anyway. I'd be more in favor of giving enemies resistance or tools to deal with it.

Then again, without an A.I. that could actually make use of those tools there isn't really a point.

I believe legendary Items should have 5 item slots, with Iconic having one more. We should also be able to upgrade items from common, uncommon, rare, epic, and Legendary.

What is the point of legendaries with no mod slots or 1? They are legendary it's should be 4 by default otherwise why bother? And now with 1.1 patch we can't even reroll them!

LOL Speaking of which I just crafted Silverhand's Sun glasses to legendary and has 0 mod slots LOL... while my epic one had 2.. So revert back to using the epic one instead HAHA

no one cares if players cheat in singleplayer games, I'm merely telling you why cheating doesn't appeal to some single players, simply because its less fun than a well designed game. Its like playing darts alone right in front the board for them.

ahhh, but your little dart board ... someone's taken it off the wall and is making it spin like a coin, and stolen all your darts ... and, there's a solution for it, but, people are getting upset about the solution because ... it's not suppose to be that way!

hhmm?

We work with what we have to get the experience we want.
Anyone that CAN use mods, but doesn't, and cries about the things that can ameliorated ... at least until something "official" is done so things can be the way they're "suppose to be" ... that's just ... well, it's something.

I really wish more of you guys grew up playing games in the days before patches, updates, DLCs, and all this other fun stuff.
Please, by all means, try to play System Shock or System Shock 2 with the default, unchangable control mappings that can't be remapped. There's mods to "fix" that now, but, there's an entire generation of computer game enthusiasts that adapted, learned to adjust, worked with what they got, hacked and modified games and things from seedy BBS sites, backwater forums, irc, ftp sites you heard about from some other weird sites, scribbled notes on paper, and so many other resources.

That level of tolerance, adaptability, and patience for finding a solution for something you enjoy and want to enjoy more, but, it's broken, yet, you can fit it yourself ... eh, it's sad to see that huge cultural vacancy in the gaming community today.

meh. I'm old, and you guys make me sad.

What is the point of legendaries with no mod slots or 1? They are legendary it's should be 4 by default otherwise why bother? And now with 1.1 patch we can't even reroll them!
Your problem is that you are using logic. They dont do that here :D

Just want to say I all but totally agree with OP. My feeling is that special Legendary gear should have 4 mod slots, regular Legendary and Special Epic should have 3, and regular Epic should have 2 (etc.). I honestly feel this deserves a Poll to demonstrate to CDPR the communities feeling.

Just want to say I all but totally agree with OP. My feeling is that special Legendary gear should have 4 mod slots, regular Legendary and Special Epic should have 3, and regular Epic should have 2 (etc.). I honestly feel this deserves a Poll to demonstrate to CDPR the communities feeling.

I am down for a poll though I would ask for a pick in the poll for those who think clothing is useless regardless of how many slots it has :sneaky:

All my clothing items could have 50 slots and it would change nothing for me cause enemies can't die any faster then they already do lol. ;)

I am down for a poll though I would ask for a pick in the poll for those who think clothing is useless regardless of how many slots it has :sneaky:

All my clothing items could have 50 slots and it would change nothing for me cause enemies can't die any faster then they already do lol. ;)

Yeah, *sigh* that's a problem. Don't get me wrong, I feel my specialized characters should be powerful, but not like this. I'm not great at game balance but I feel like Very Hard should require good builds and clever tactics to win, not to thoroughly crush all resistance with a pinkie toe.

Yeah, *sigh* that's a problem. Don't get me wrong, I feel my specialized characters should be powerful, but not like this. I'm not great at game balance but I feel like Very Hard should require good builds and clever tactics to win, not to thoroughly crush all resistance with a pinkie toe.

I don't disagree, but my V's power comes from my specialized build but I think V in general has WAY to high of a power ceiling. You know the Arasaka Mantis Blade boss dude for instance, supposed to be one of the most powerful and badass dudes in Arasaka, ya I one shot him in the face with a epic pistol. I beat every single cyber-psyco without ever firing a single shot at them. The MAIN LEADER of the voodoo boys, one shot that bitch and her giant body guard in the face with the same epic pistol. The biggest balancing problem this game has in my opinion is that V has WAY to much power potential and that power ramps up WAY to freaking fast.

ahhh, but your little dart board ... someone's taken it off the wall and is making it spin like a coin, and stolen all your darts ... and, there's a solution for it, but, people are getting upset about the solution because ... it's not suppose to be that way!

hhmm?

We work with what we have to get the experience we want.
Anyone that CAN use mods, but doesn't, and cries about the things that can ameliorated ... at least until something "official" is done so things can be the way they're "suppose to be" ... that's just ... well, it's something.

I really wish more of you guys grew up playing games in the days before patches, updates, DLCs, and all this other fun stuff.
Please, by all means, try to play System Shock or System Shock 2 with the default, unchangable control mappings that can't be remapped. There's mods to "fix" that now, but, there's an entire generation of computer game enthusiasts that adapted, learned to adjust, worked with what they got, hacked and modified games and things from seedy BBS sites, backwater forums, irc, ftp sites you heard about from some other weird sites, scribbled notes on paper, and so many other resources.

That level of tolerance, adaptability, and patience for finding a solution for something you enjoy and want to enjoy more, but, it's broken, yet, you can fit it yourself ... eh, it's sad to see that huge cultural vacancy in the gaming community today.

meh. I'm old, and you guys make me sad.
I grew up in those times, still not an excuse for fk ups like this, if patches didn't exist I doubt cd red would not of royally fked this up so bad because it's one shot make or break.

I grew up in those times, still not an excuse for fk ups like this, if patches didn't exist I doubt cd red would not of royally fked this up so bad because it's one shot make or break.

I'm guessing you haven't played the CORPO lifestyle.

... but, you SHOULD be old enough to understand, and have expectations for the fact that CDPR is a company, and that company had pre-sales, and I'm pretty sure those pre-sales had back-end legal agreements with their big-name distribution and platform partners like Mcirosoft, Google, Sony, and whoever else has money and skin in this.
Thos back-end legal agreements likely had clauses like delivery expectation windows, and attached to those delivery windows all chained up with legal corpo voodoo talk are riders, subclauses, penalties, and all that other really fun corpo stuff.

Basically, CDPR likely had a whole ton of legal paper with their stamps of agreement on them saying they deliver by and no later than X date ... or else.
I'm pretty sure they were on a paper train, riding on paper rails, with all the doors chained shut and locked with paper chains to prevent anyone getting off ... so, this relatively small (compared to its partners like Microsoft, Sony, Google, and a long list of other names) is in a railroad deal to deliver, even if everyone sees the train is going to crash at the station.

it's fairly likely they didn't have much choice, and couldn't have waited, or delayed much longer without serious consequence, consequence to some seriously big names that would cost them even more than what's costing them now.

On top of that, there's the shareholders ... those people that have stock investments and interest in the company that are subtantially MORE than whatever I spent, whatever you spent, whatever anyone else spent just to buy the game.
you got folks with stock in the company over $1 Million.
I'm pretty sure the opinions they have, far outweigh anyone here that wants bigger boobs on their character, or more mod slots on legendary items to drop. There's FORTUNES in the balance.

Cumulatively, gamer satisfaction is important, and they're getting to that, and doing the work, and it will take time.
There are, however, some other bigger fish and concerns behind the scenes that give CDPR more than ample excuse to deliver a game that makes some gamers unhappy for a little while.

So, yeah, you should be old enough to understand that, to understand that comments like "no excuse for this" is drivel. CDPR has ample excuse ... but, not any excuse that jives with what most gamers are willing to even try to understand.

I'm sure we all don't like save-scumming. But disabling the ability to reroll the sockets on clothings with save-scumming became a problem on its own. To not be a problem, the devs needs to change how sockets works on clothing, aspecially on Legendary clothings. The following lines will explain why and how I would suggest this change to be.

To begin with, anyone can understand that an Epic clothing with 2 sockets is way better than a Legendary clothing with 0 or 1 sockets. Why ? Because the armor value difference between to pieces of clothing of different rarity but with the same "name" and of the same level isn't very important. I'm seeing it as "not very important" since an Armadillo mod armor value is as good as a base armor value, if not better with a Rare/Epic Armadillo mod. Even with no atributes points in Tech, you can buy Armadillo mods in shops to inscrease your armor. So on Epic item with 1 Armadillo mod would have near double the armor of a Legendary item with no socket (works with a Rare clothing too). And with 2 Armadillo mods, well you know the maths.

Secondly, we should take a look at weapons. The number of sockets is always the same regarding to the rarity of the weapon : 4 sockets for a Legendary ranged weapon, 3 sockets for a Legendary melee weapon, 2 sockets for any Epic weapon, 1 Socket for any Rare weapon and 0 socket for an uncommun or commun weapon. I'm not taking account of the two specific sockets on ranged weapon (for scope and silencer).

So with this simple overview, the easiest and smart way to change how sockets works on clothings is to grant Legandary clothings the maximum number of sockets, like the game already do for Epic and Rare clothings.

But to smooth the process and not creating a big 2 sockets gap between Epic and Legendary rarity, I would suggest this little twist with other than Legendary rarity clothings :
- Legendary clothing would have the maximum number of sockets available (4 slots for Outer torso and Inner torso, 3 slots for Head, Face, Legs and Feet)
- Epic clothing would have the maximum, minus 1. (3 slots for Outer torso and Inner torso, 2 slots for Head, Face, Legs and Feet)
- Rare clothing would have the maximum, minus 2. (2 slots for Outer torso and Inner torso, 1 slots for Head, Face, Legs and Feet)
- Uncommun clothing would have the maximum, minus 3. (1 slots for Outer torso and Inner torso)
- Commun clothing would have no socket at all.

This method would enhance the interest of Epic, Rare and Uncommun rarity for the Out torso and Inner torso clothings by 1 socket.

I'm hoping this will be fixed soon, because right now I don't want to play anymore my 3rd playthrought since I don't want to find 0-1-2 sockets Legendary clothings and be stuck with it. Yes I could use mods to bypass it, but I don't want to quit and edit my save anytime I find a new piece of Legendary clothing.

What do you guys think about this possible solution ? Do you agree ?

Ok sorry for delayed reply i was in the middle of the heist an had to wait until it was over to try something.

First the character that i was on there doing the heist was created this morning and i save scummed successfully to get max mod slots on 3 items, rocker vest, neotec pants and gold tipped solo boots.

Second once out the heist an gained control of v in his apartment i saved and loaded four old characters that have finished the story but i knew had never looted or been near the legendary corporate pants, i saved each character at the body and reloaded each 6 times all with the exact same results which was the exact same mod slots and the exadt same mods in them

Third i took the new character an lo an behold the exact same mod slot with exact same mods

So i'll hold my hands up an admit i was wrong but i was right upto i switched to a old character so fuck knows

Because it's about the SAVE FIX at 1.1 patch.
There is a save-bug about if the Save Data is bigger than 8m, it would be corrupted, broken forever.
They fix it at 1.1 patch, to reduce the save data by cut the ITEM STATE.
That's why you can't reroll the slots at later data, but it still work at earlier.
They use different save structure, make save data thin with permanent slot.

Not all clothing gets 4 slots on Legendary only the inner and outer body (head etc get 3). What I would say though is that all clothing should have the max number of slots applicable to its quality. So common 0/0, uncommon 0/1, Rare 1/2, Epic 2/3 & Legendary 3/4.

Same dealio with weapons.

Last edited:
The worst thing is that you can actually get the max slots on the stuff you get .... if you're patient and if you spent sometimes one hour (no kidding here) saving/loading a bakcup until the stuff in front of you ends up with the right amount of slot, which is obviously a buzz kill.

By the way since 1.11 legendary stuff sometimes often become epic when you relaod a backup, before you pick up off course (which augment the number of tries you need to do )

Top Bottom